Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,938 times)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 08, 2017, 07:25:13 AM
I like Covenant for the most part. Its not without problems. No film is.

I loved Jurassic world. I think it is a very good movie. I would say its a quality movie. I like the meta touches in there.

I think this movie is going to entertain me.  I am excited for it.

I think there are many films out there that are perfect or let's say near perfect, Alien for one, it's  a world apart from Covenant.  That of course doesn't mean that the movie has to be perfect or even good to be entertaining, because the film industry would have collapsed completely if this were the case. Lucky for Hollywood, people are easily entertained, and often the shallower  content, the more easily it can be digested by the geneal audience who's attention span is decreasing by the day (not aimed at you).
I guess we both can agree that Jurassic World isn't on the same level as JP, right?

Rudiger

Rudiger

That looks terrible.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 08, 2017, 07:55:29 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 08, 2017, 07:25:13 AM
I like Covenant for the most part. Its not without problems. No film is.

I loved Jurassic world. I think it is a very good movie. I would say its a quality movie. I like the meta touches in there.

I think this movie is going to entertain me.  I am excited for it.

I think there are many films out there that are perfect or let's say near perfect, Alien for one, it's  a world apart from Covenant.  That of course doesn't mean that the movie has to be perfect or even good to be entertaining, because the film industry would have collapsed completely if this were the case. Lucky for Hollywood, people are easily entertained, and often the shallower  content, the more easily it can be digested by the geneal audience who's attention span is decreasing by the day (not aimed at you).
I guess we both can agree that Jurassic World isn't on the same level as JP, right?

Absolutely.

JP is one of my top 5 movies. For me there is not much on its level.

I would say that Alien is as close to perfect, for me, as a film gets. ( Its my all time fav ).

Like you say. A film does not have to be perfect to be good. I think JW has much more about it than the average blockbuster. It ticked all the boxes for me.

Regarding this movie. It one trailer. Clearly it's not working for you but don't judge of 1 trailer. Give the film the chance that you want to give it without a negative bias and you may Be suprised. That's always my attitude.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not massively versed in the genre of dinosaur films (JP is about it) but I like they're doing something a little different (for JP ASAIK) with the whole eruption angle. It's not just a retread in terms of the broad-story.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2017, 08:29:38 AM
I'm not massively versed in the genre of dinosaur films (JP is about it) but I like they're doing something a little different (for JP ASAIK) with the whole eruption angle. It's not just a retread in terms of the broad-story.

Totally.  I like where they are going with this. I have faith.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's a rescue mission. You'll love it. There are some juicy dinosaurs that need to be rescued from an exploding island.

I'm actually digging this plot.

skhellter

skhellter

I didnt care for the trailer. That was not well edited.
And yeah, i totally want to see the feel good dinosaur movie
where dozens of dinos drown horribly after falling off a cliff.
Now that's quality entertainment.
Anyone remember when these films werent aiming to be depressing af?  :D

But out of all the criticisms that you can level at the film..
this is the silliest one, surely?

Quote from: theiss2003 on Dec 08, 2017, 05:53:16 AM
Story makes absolutely no sense at all IMO.

Why would anybody take the obvious risks to catch and rescue all those dinosaurs when there is
a) a second dinosaur ecosystem established on Sorna since TLW and
b) you could easily clone the Dinosaurs again.

Yeah who gives 2 shits about saving wild animals from a
horrible death by fire, lava, giant boulders falling from the sky or being
suffocated by the sheer amount of volcanic ash in the air?

Who gives a f**k about empathy anymore?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I've seen actual film critics criticizing the movie on this level....
and i feel like it's worth pointing out how weird it is.

Scorpio

Scorpio

This looks too much like JW.  The cast does absolutely nothing for me.  Sam Neill and Laura Dern actually have intelligence and charisma.  I love the first movie but the sequels are not much IMO.

theiss2003

theiss2003

Quote from: theiss2003 on Dec 08, 2017, 05:53:16 AM
Yeah who gives 2 shits about saving wild animals from a
horrible death by fire, lava, giant boulders falling from the sky or being
suffocated by the sheer amount of volcanic ash in the air?

Who gives a f**k about empathy anymore?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, it's not that we're speaking about fluffy wombats or koalas or endangered rhinos - the risk of losing the whole team by getting eaten far outweighs the empathy in this one.
BTW: At the end of the day, all those dinosaurs are just manufactured products. They do no have any value in terms of biodiversity here.

skhellter

skhellter

Do you understand how you're making yourself look? :D

"it's not a fluffy animal, who gives a f**k?"

:laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

let's quit with the attitude, folks

theiss2003

theiss2003

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 08, 2017, 10:09:08 AM
Do you understand how you're making yourself look? :D

"it's not a fluffy animal, who gives a f**k?"

:laugh:

I never said "it's not a fluffy animal, who gives a f**k?".
I do encourage you to read my last post again. Entirely.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I will keep my reaction simple:

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 08, 2017, 10:45:47 AM
I will keep my reaction simple:

And mine

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm really interested to see what Bayona's work will look like overall. He's a MUCH more talented director than Trevorrow, so that's a good point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed