Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,567 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 10:33:02 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 14, 2016, 09:11:29 PM
Ok how about this...

Spoiler
It's not the dinos that get out but the plants. Flying dinosaurs do escape after the 3rd movie so if anything they carried what are essentially alien plant seeds to new areas. The plants themselves spread as well. Which does cause a global pandemic of sorts. To counter this some countries decide to use a biological means of control and do indeed release herbivore dinosaurs into the wild. It works well enough that soon everyone is doing it but like anything, eventually they're too many dinos and hippies. No one can come up with a solution so somebody decides to take matters into their own hands and release a few meat eaters. Of course the ones they release out of ignorance are the super intelligent militaristic killing machines. Of course now every hunter in the world wants to bag a prize and governments are more than willing to pay for a non-military solution.

yea yea it's the some more of the hippies release the big bad virus and rednecks release the big bad virus and I'm not sure if 3 years is enough time to justify this shit as the movie is suppose to happen in real time. Still I feel the biological control concept has a little more reasoning to it.
[close]

I hate to be pedantic but...pterosaurs :P

In you scenario, there's no reason why the herbivorous dinosaurs couldn't just be killed by conventional means. It would be more economical than creating and releasing theropods. Also, where did hippies come from?
First I expected for you to be pedantic and second the hippies are the people who want to save the dinosaurs which is why no one can come to an understanding of what to do about them. You know peta, animal rights activists, human societies, wealthy socialites, hell private landowners for that matter; anyone who loves dinosaurs and think they shouldn't be killed for whatever reason. Actually strike peta, under their mandate they would ruthlessly slaughter dinosaurs, come to think about it. Simply put you'd have people for and against it which would hamper any action that is to be taken. Dinosaurs lives matter... ugh can't believe I just used that horrible pun. It would create a delay long enough to let someone do something rather radish. Like releasing predatory dinosaurs as a solution to the crisis. For example a wealthy landowner tired of seeing his farm corps ravaged by rampaging triceratops. Eh, cook up any scenario but that's where I'm coming from.

Oh and come to think about it, once the "theropods" are out, then the government would have utmost reason to use conventional means of eradication. Of course in this scenario the dinosaurs catch everyone off guard with their enhance abilities and intelligence. However I do not want a nuke it from orbit ending. It should be more nuance than that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe there's a way to combine my idea with yours, like,

Spoiler
The pterosaurs that escaped Isla Sorna in JP3 spread the seeds, as you mentioned. The seeds cause some mayhem in modern ecosystems; let's say the African Savannah. I'm using that because Africa has the ideal climate for a Jurassic Park film and the AS is known for lots of wildlife. Now, modern animals are unable to consume these new foreign plants because they grew in isolation from the mainland and consequently, only the dinosaurs can stomach them. So, cue the release of herbivores on a trial basis so to speak to "clean up". This is where the balance aspect of my story would come into play. The dinosaurs are restoring order to the ecosystem but eventually, when the clean up is finished and they start feeding on regular plants, they start to spread all over the place and cause more harm than good. Now your idea comes up in that the world governments or whomever else cannot send in extermination squads because #dinolivesmatter. So theropods are created to clean up yet again which then totally spirals out of control and f**ks up everything. The hunters and poachers could be a simple side story.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 11:55:54 PM
Maybe there's a way to combine my idea with yours, like,

Spoiler
The pterosaurs that escaped Isla Sorna in JP3 spread the seeds, as you mentioned. The seeds cause some mayhem in modern ecosystems; let's say the African Savannah. I'm using that because Africa has the ideal climate for a Jurassic Park film and the AS is known for lots of wildlife. Now, modern animals are unable to consume these new foreign plants because they grew in isolation from the mainland and consequently, only the dinosaurs can stomach them. So, cue the release of herbivores on a trial basis so to speak to "clean up". This is where the balance aspect of my story would come into play. The dinosaurs are restoring order to the ecosystem but eventually, when the clean up is finished and they start feeding on regular plants, they start to spread all over the place and cause more harm than good. Now your idea comes up in that the world governments or whomever else cannot send in extermination squads because #dinolivesmatter. So theropods are created to clean up yet again which then totally spirals out of control and f**ks up everything. The hunters and poachers could be a simple side story.
[close]
Spoiler
Yea that would help tighten up the story and most of all it gives a logical reason for introducing an alien species into the wild and a consequence for doing so that would lead to man making another bad decision. That's the start of a plausible movie.

Hunters and poaching is definitely going to have a place in the story. It's inevitable in such an environment. To over use them would harken to JP2 and mercenaries were used in JW... meaning that we could pull them into the sequel. In any case you need to work out the big bad. :P
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

New vlog...

ace3g

Alien³

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Would anyone else here like to see a fight between an indominus and a vastatosaurus?

Alien³

Alien³

Indominus wouldn't stand a chance.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I dunno, a total of three V. rexes had trouble with a single overgrown monkey.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

IIRC the V.rex should basically be bigger than the Indominus, so it'd win by size advantage alone.

If I'm wrong and they're at the same size, I think it'd depend on the V.rex's stamina. An old, battered T.rex put up a good fight with the Indominus -- I imagine something like that at its prime (even the bull male from The Lost World) would fare out better.

Astronoë

Astronoë

I dearly wanted to buy a book along the lines something like "Jurassic World: The Art of the film" except I couldn't because there never was one..which is very odd these days for major movies not to come out with an art book...at least that I know of, I have yet to find one from this movie..

I'm figuring they got to so much concept art n ideas they are going to use for the next movie so it would be spoilers if they released an art book?..

..at least there is some concept art online..but I want a freaking book! :'(

Instead all we got were some kids books...

Alien³

Alien³

Yeah an art book would have been nice. :-\

Requiem28

Requiem28

Alien³

Alien³

Cheers! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed