Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,149 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

They should still be there - sauropods are known to live past 40, making them the longest-lived dinosaurs that we know of. Rexy might have made a pass at them if she was feeling brave, but you'd think she'd have munched through the Parasaurolophus, Triceratops, tardy Gallimimus and excess goats first. Or they could have gotten sick, though the DX disease hasn't been introduced in the films.

I remember people mentioning they heard Brachiosaurus calls at a couple of points in Jurassic World, but it's not in any of the documentation, so shouldn't be on public display.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Vertigo on Oct 24, 2015, 07:16:44 PM
To be fair, the rex is a geriatric, even assuming that captivity allowed longer-than-usual lifespan. In the real world, no Tyrannosaurus is known to have lived more than a decade after reaching full size, and this one's been ~8 tonnes for at least 22 years. You wouldn't expect her to run as fast as she did in her prime.

There were just little details that made it feel off to me, the quivering connecting tissue in the corner of the mouth for instance, the I rex also had this so it wasn't an age thing but an effect they elected to go with. The original rex felt very solid and powerful, this one had a head wobble as it walked, and it was cross eyed.

Alien³

Alien³

Show me where it was cross-eyed. :laugh:

Taxemic

Taxemic

Oh and the other dinos on the website?! What a tease. Just a glimpse at the other carnivores or even a deleted scene would have been nice.

And I do think Rex's eyes were a bit too big.

Alien³

Alien³

Looked okay to me.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Could you get a side shot comparison of Rex from JP?

Been watching your YouTube vids lately. Cool stuff.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 26, 2015, 12:20:50 PM
Oh and the other dinos on the website?! What a tease. Just a glimpse at the other carnivores or even a deleted scene would have been nice.

It's been like that since JP 1. We only see a limited number for both story and budgetary reasons.

EDIT: The silliest review of Jurassic World I've read yet.

QuoteNot sure which is more artificial: the needlessly-CGI crow of the opening scene, or the milquetoast middle class white family dynamic it immediately gives way to. We have reached peak Hollywood decadence; this is a blockbuster that foregrounds its own complete worthlessness as the central theme (Indominus Rex vs. the classic T-Rex, a masochistic showdown between the original film and this contrived sequel). The casual sexism is relentless: scene after scene after scene of Bryce Dallas-Howard being questioned, mocked, sexually harassed or openly disrespected by her "down to earth" male subordinates for being uptight and focused on her incredibly demanding job, which the film sees fit to make her a failure at anyway--before reducing her to running around in a damp, low-cut top and heels, and then killing off her pretty female assistant in one of the most bizarrely over-elaborate and pointlessly cruel death scenes in some time; meanwhile, her obnoxious emo nephew is tragically missing the wonder and grandeur of computer generated, scientifically-inaccurate dinosaurs because he's too busy looking at dumb, boring girls.

Enter Chris Pratt, a six year old boy's idea of a cool hero (to fit in with a six year old boy's idea of gender roles and storytelling, to match the rest of the film), who gets to excuse the film's flat, artlessly expository dialogue with wisecracks like "Do you hear yourself when you talk?", before snatching all authority from Howard because he's a "badass" who's too manly to wash his clothes, and is a self-described "alpha" in charge of female raptor "betas" (the Red Pill terminology the film employs is doubtlessly unintentional, but also pathetically apt, considering it almost plays like a militant corrective to Mad Max: Fury Road).

The effects and cinematography are ugly and garish, the fanbait is blatant, the sentiment is absurdly cornball (three cheers for dinosaur solidarity), the characters all follow preprogrammed "arcs" that are excruciating to sit through due to their telegraphed obviousness, and the counterfeit John Williams score just makes one wish for the real thing. Two long hours of shitty rehash; at least Jurassic Park III had the basic decency to restrain its own awfulness to a comparably easy 90 minutes.

3/10

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 27, 2015, 12:51:18 AM
Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 26, 2015, 12:20:50 PM

It's been like that since JP 1. We only see a limited number for both story and budgetary reasons.

EDIT: The silliest review of Jurassic World I've read yet.

QuoteNot sure which is more artificial: the needlessly-CGI crow of the opening scene, or the milquetoast middle class white family dynamic it immediately gives way to. We have reached peak Hollywood decadence; this is a blockbuster that foregrounds its own complete worthlessness as the central theme (Indominus Rex vs. the classic T-Rex, a masochistic showdown between the original film and this contrived sequel). The casual sexism is relentless: scene after scene after scene of Bryce Dallas-Howard being questioned, mocked, sexually harassed or openly disrespected by her "down to earth" male subordinates for being uptight and focused on her incredibly demanding job, which the film sees fit to make her a failure at anyway--before reducing her to running around in a damp, low-cut top and heels, and then killing off her pretty female assistant in one of the most bizarrely over-elaborate and pointlessly cruel death scenes in some time; meanwhile, her obnoxious emo nephew is tragically missing the wonder and grandeur of computer generated, scientifically-inaccurate dinosaurs because he's too busy looking at dumb, boring girls.

Enter Chris Pratt, a six year old boy's idea of a cool hero (to fit in with a six year old boy's idea of gender roles and storytelling, to match the rest of the film), who gets to excuse the film's flat, artlessly expository dialogue with wisecracks like "Do you hear yourself when you talk?", before snatching all authority from Howard because he's a "badass" who's too manly to wash his clothes, and is a self-described "alpha" in charge of female raptor "betas" (the Red Pill terminology the film employs is doubtlessly unintentional, but also pathetically apt, considering it almost plays like a militant corrective to Mad Max: Fury Road).

The effects and cinematography are ugly and garish, the fanbait is blatant, the sentiment is absurdly cornball (three cheers for dinosaur solidarity), the characters all follow preprogrammed "arcs" that are excruciating to sit through due to their telegraphed obviousness, and the counterfeit John Williams score just makes one wish for the real thing. Two long hours of shitty rehash; at least Jurassic Park III had the basic decency to restrain its own awfulness to a comparably easy 90 minutes.

3/10

Is that Hubbs? :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe his progressive twin.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

How are the deleted scenes btw? No spoilers please. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nothing really of note. There was that silly scene with Bryce and the poop that I'm thankful was removed. But nothing that was interesting.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2015, 09:11:45 AM
Nothing really of note. There was that silly scene with Bryce and the poop that I'm thankful was removed. But nothing that was interesting.

Was that the only scene? What more scenes are there? In spoiler tags?

Corporal Hicks

The Son of Paragus

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 27, 2015, 02:17:11 AM
Maybe his progressive twin.
I'm in literal tears reading this

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed