Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,366 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 07, 2015, 07:11:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2jTM-0gEc

The shift from the clip of Owen controlling the raptors to the chaos at the cage clip with Muldoon is HILARIOUS.

pred169

pred169

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 17, 2015, 02:15:51 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 01:42:57 PMThats fair enough but what made them monsters to you?

I dunno, just the way it was done.

When I watch the first two Jurassic Park films, I feel like I'm watching real animals. Even when the T-rex is running around San Diego in The Lost World, I still get the impression it's just an animal that's been thrown into a situation it doesn't know how to handle (not to mention the fact it's hyped up on stimulants at the time).

In the newest film, the dinosaurs don't come across as real animals any more (at least, not by the end of the movie). It was just the little things. Like how the dinosaur fights have now deteriorated to long, drawn-out monster movie beatdowns where they keep throwing each other through stuff like its a Godzilla film. Or when whatsherface opens the T-rex pen, and it's just stood right there, as if it's been waiting patiently all along for its chance to get into the brawl. And all the cheesy glory shots of the dinosaurs looking good for the camera. It was all just kinda daft.

That's why I personally didn't like it all that much.

Oh, and the characters also sucked. The first two had some really memorable characters in them. Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Bob Peck and Pete Postlethwaite were all awesome in their roles and I remember them all fondly. In the new film I already struggle to remember who anyone was.
I see your point but I tend to agree with others here as well. The behavior of the animal is completely dictated by the type of environment it is used to. You see crocs do the same thing with their handlers at crocodile parks. They have the ability to attack the handlers but don't because they recognize a gesture as a sign of food.
   Also if animals are subjected to being around people for a majority of their life they tend to get rather lathargic. I mean that in the sense of wild animals in captivity losing their aggressiveness. If you go to a zoo nowadays you don't see the Lions or rhinos or tigers charging the tourists.  Even the snake exhibits. Cobras and mambas are highly aggressive species and yet in the zoos you barely get one to hood or acknowledge you.
   I know it's hard to stomach but remember these dinosaurs have been in this park being subjected to thousands of visitors a day everyday for 22 years. It's entirely possible they have grown complacent or lathargic due to them having no need for aggression. They are fed daily (probably many times a day), they are kept separated so there is no territorial disputes, they're all female no mating disputes, and again they have been subjected to this for their entire life. And of course the indominus was secluded and had very little interaction at all so the aggression factor was definitely  there.
   I may not agree with the direction he chose to go. But I could see it as an accurate representation of how the animals would act in that situation. 

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Requiem28 on Oct 10, 2015, 08:59:28 PM
The shift from the clip of Owen controlling the raptors to the chaos at the cage clip with Muldoon is HILARIOUS.

I know right?!

Muldoon is an amazing and funny character to watch.

More character deconstructions are coming in future podcasts.

Quote from: pred169 on Oct 10, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
these dinosaurs have been in this park being subjected to thousands of visitors a day everyday for 22 years.

10 years Jurassic World was open.

Quote from: pred169 on Oct 10, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
Also if animals are subjected to being around people for a majority of their life they tend to get rather lathargic. I mean that in the sense of wild animals in captivity losing their aggressiveness. If you go to a zoo nowadays you don't see the Lions or rhinos or tigers charging the tourists.

Exactly.

As Claire says in JW: "Today's kids look at a Stegosaurus like an elephant in a city zoo"

Which in reality it would kinda be like that.

Even Grant says something very similar in JP when they're feeding the Brachiosaurus: "Think of it as... kind of like a big cow."

Vermillion

Vermillion

Owen was just dumb.  He really did nothing.
Raptors knew the iPod Rex was always in charge. 

Alien³

Alien³

Really? :-\

The film established well he knew where he stood in the line of things. But he wasn't afraid of letting the command levels know of his opinion, which were all for the good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Alien³

Alien³

Funny in parts but lazy in others. ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm pretty sure Dan Murrell had a hand in writing that one in particular.

Alien³

Alien³

Picked up my Blu-ray today.

So f**king happy!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never realized you were British.

Alien³

Alien³

Really? Haha

Have been all my life :P

Hubbs

Hubbs

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 19, 2015, 02:18:23 PM

So f**king happy!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRrmj54XAAQdXiy.jpg

I have three definite editions on pre-order: Wal-Mart Lunch Box Exclusive, Best Buy Edition with a T-Shirt, and the Limited Edition Gift Set. Yes, I'm going overboard here 8)

Alien³

Alien³

From what I can see it looks as if they've been working on the CG more since its theatrical release. It looks amazing.

Also...

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 19, 2015, 05:34:15 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 19, 2015, 02:18:23 PM

So f**king happy!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRrmj54XAAQdXiy.jpg

I have three definite editions on pre-order: Wal-Mart Lunch Box Exclusive, Best Buy Edition with a T-Shirt, and the Limited Edition Gift Set. Yes, I'm going overboard here 8)
No sir, you are not going overboard. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed