Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,307 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

I can sympathise with Blue there, we've all wanted to do it at some point. I was out for a walk today and thinking how much easier it'd be if I was riding a tyrannosaur.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 04, 2015, 07:39:12 PM
I saw this again the other night. The first times watching it I had missed there's actually a short moment when Blue is riding the damn T-Rex. :D

It still amazes me that they pulled that off.

It's awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 04, 2015, 07:39:12 PM
I saw this again the other night. The first times watching it I had missed there's actually a short moment when Blue is riding the damn T-Rex. :D

Not really riding so much as using her as a platform.

Alien³

Alien³

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh that is just unfair man. :P

You saw how that park was operated; anyone would develop a strong sense of indifference in that situation.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lol, loved it. In Muldoon's defense though, JP was beta, JW was final release so that might explain why Owen handled the raptors so much better. You did leave out one bit of stupidity though. Why did Muldoon only load one shotgun shell before hunting the raptors?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 07, 2015, 02:05:07 PMWhy did Muldoon only load one shotgun shell before hunting the raptors?

He doesn't?

Admittedly I can't remember how the scene goes off the top of my head, but don't we just catch then of of him loading the shotgun? He could easily have loaded more shells before we see him.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We only see one. When you think about how quickly the scene moves, he wouldn't have had time to load more than that.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Doesn't Hammond go get the map of the bunker complex in the time Muldoon's arming up though?

I always assumed it was just expedited editing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Two at most in that time frame. Still not nearly enough.

Alien³

Alien³

Muldoon the fool :laugh:

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

In defense of Movie Muldoon: He cut his teeth on regular big game animals. He was only scratching the surface of understanding these dinosaurs in comparison to Owen who could have been learning about them most of his life (within the JP universe that is.)

So over confidence, a degree of arrogance, and good ol' fashion movie tropes brought Movie Moldoon down in the end

Book Muldoon was a little more realistic. He and the Park in general were more prepared. Had more shit in place to take out dinosaurs in case some got free. He brought down the Rex and took out at least one Raptor with a rocket launcher if memory serves. He also came across as more human. Flawed. Knew when he was outmatched. Dealt with it by drinking I believe.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Mm, book Muldoon's a rare example of a Crichton non-villain/hero with more character traits than his job description.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Oct 07, 2015, 10:14:46 PM
In defense of Movie Muldoon: He cut his teeth on regular big game animals. He was only scratching the surface of understanding these dinosaurs in comparison to Owen who could have been learning about them most of his life (within the JP universe that is.)

So over confidence, a degree of arrogance, and good ol' fashion movie tropes brought Movie Moldoon down in the end

Book Muldoon was a little more realistic. He and the Park in general were more prepared. Had more shit in place to take out dinosaurs in case some got free. He brought down the Rex and took out at least one Raptor with a rocket launcher if memory serves. He also came across as more human. Flawed. Knew when he was outmatched. Dealt with it by drinking I believe.

Not against the Rex. Hammond specifically told him not to as it was a valuable asset, a la Masrani and the Indominus.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

After watching the video, the last tidbits about the socks were hilarious!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed