Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,500 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why? We already know the raptors are intelligent. Why is it so hard to fathom that she understands that Rexy isn't her enemy in that moment?

Gate

Gate

Its not like predators in real life act any different in situations like that. Bears and Tigers don't want to fight--they want to eat smaller prey.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 17, 2015, 03:39:28 AMWhy? We already know the raptors are intelligent. Why is it so hard to fathom that she understands that Rexy isn't her enemy in that moment?

It was just the way it played out. It felt like cheesy, childish monster movie moment.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The whole end fight was like a Jurassic Avengers type of thing. I've warmed up to it but it's definitely not the direction I would have gone with.

Alien³

Alien³

Would you look at it as Jurassic Avengers if Avengers had not come out? ::)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No, I'd look at it as Jurassic Godzilla. It was just a monster fight by the end.

Alien³

Alien³

That's a bad thing?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For me it was. Dinosaurs turned into cheesy movie monsters wasn't what I wanted.

Alien³

Alien³

Thats fair enough but what made them monsters to you?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Technically they were monsters, not true dinosaurs. Remember Grant's speech in JP3?

Alien³

Alien³

Genetically engineered theme park monsters to be precise :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 01:42:57 PMThats fair enough but what made them monsters to you?

I dunno, just the way it was done.

When I watch the first two Jurassic Park films, I feel like I'm watching real animals. Even when the T-rex is running around San Diego in The Lost World, I still get the impression it's just an animal that's been thrown into a situation it doesn't know how to handle (not to mention the fact it's hyped up on stimulants at the time).

In the newest film, the dinosaurs don't come across as real animals any more (at least, not by the end of the movie). It was just the little things. Like how the dinosaur fights have now deteriorated to long, drawn-out monster movie beatdowns where they keep throwing each other through stuff like its a Godzilla film. Or when whatsherface opens the T-rex pen, and it's just stood right there, as if it's been waiting patiently all along for its chance to get into the brawl. And all the cheesy glory shots of the dinosaurs looking good for the camera. It was all just kinda daft.

That's why I personally didn't like it all that much.

Oh, and the characters also sucked. The first two had some really memorable characters in them. Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, Bob Peck and Pete Postlethwaite were all awesome in their roles and I remember them all fondly. In the new film I already struggle to remember who anyone was.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Claire. Her name was Claire.

I attribute the Rex's behaviour to a dog seeing its owner holding a ball. Rex recognized the flair as something to chase since it was used in a Pavlovian way in the film to get it to eat. Remember the feeding scene with the goat? That's probably why it didn't outright attack Claire. In that vein, the only problem with the scene is that it didn't chomp her up as soon as she was out of her paddock and Claire hadn't begun running away earlier.

For anyone wondering why Rex and I.rex went at it, they're two big predators in each other's territory. It's that simple.

Alien³

Alien³

Plus the Rex was probably nearby the door because of the noise the raptors and Indominus were making. Not to mention the slow moving door opening annnnd its not a massive paddock.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 03:06:28 PM
Plus the Rex was probably nearby the door because of the noise the raptors and Indominus were making. Not to mention the slow moving door opening annnnd its not a massive paddock.

yes but it was lame.

I dont need an explanation to make them feel less like CGI movie monsters, Because that's all they were.
The first movies portrayed animals.

The new movie captured nothing of the original movie magic that was spielberg's craft.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed