Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,769 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Very nice! I'll be in first in line for that 3D cinema logo, mark my words.

Alien³

Alien³

It can't be shipped way too big :-\

Otherwise I'd give it to you!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Out of curiousity, Alien3, what is your rarest item?

Requiem28

Requiem28

I just want to stop in and say I loved this movie.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 11, 2015, 12:59:15 AM
Out of curiousity, Alien3, what is your rarest item?

Aside from all the official stuff we created for Universal I'd say The Lost World souvenir magazine or my T-shirts from '93. The action figures I own are pretty popular.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Sep 16, 2015, 03:04:25 AM
I just want to stop in and say I loved this movie.

Excellent!

Topazora

Topazora

I finally got to see this movie a few weeks ago with some friends.   There were a few scenes that made it very hard for me to buy, but I enjoyed it all the same and will definitely enjoy watching it again.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Which scenes?

Topazora

Topazora

the three way show of respect between t-rex, raptor and Owen, was a big one.  I also had a hard time buying into the idea that raptors could be trained.  I understand we can train lions and all, but raptors of the Jurassic Park universe, I was under the impression they were uncontrollable, and that's what made them so dangerous.  I guess you can justify it would genetic modification?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"It's not about a control, it's a relationship. Based on mutual respect."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

You keep saying that, but evidently plenty of people heard it in the film and still don't buy it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's so simple though. He's only able to get them to follow directions up to a point. Eventually, their own instincts kick in as seen when Indominus takes command of the squad.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 16, 2015, 06:30:27 PM
I was under the impression they were uncontrollable, and that's what made them so dangerous.

The raptors are as aggressive as they are in the original film because of the way they are treated.

Compare Muldoon's feeding techniques to Owen's.

Muldoon's approach: Isolated from the pack. Transported in a box (not strapped down or anything) with loud noises and fed from a crane.

Just like the Indominus ;)

Owen's appraoch: Fed by hand, in order of pack hirachy, and with other members of the pack. Not to mention Owen has been with them since birth. Muldoon wasn't.

The raptors in JW are still extremely dangerous but their relationship with Owen complicates things which we hadn't seen before.

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 16, 2015, 06:30:27 PM
the three way show of respect between t-rex, raptor and Owen, was a big one.

Plus I don't think the Rex was showing any respect I think it just couldn't be bothered to attack Blue because it had just been in a fight. As Tembo says: "Predators don't eat when they're not hungry."

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think too in that moment, Blue was wary because she knew she couldn't take on a T.rex by herself. She's tough but not invincible. Better to let bygones be bygones and live to fight another day.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 16, 2015, 10:49:27 PM
I think too in that moment, Blue was wary because she knew she couldn't take on a T.rex by herself. She's tough but not invincible. Better to let bygones be bygones and live to fight another day.

Crap it was corny as all hell.

I hated that shot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed