Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,627 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Trust me man, I know. Oh how I know...

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 07, 2015, 02:30:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JhrjTxUgE

She completely bypasses the conversation between Wu and Masrani where he says "If their genome was 100% many of them would look very different." It's a piece of entertainment which is commenting more of genetic tampering than anything else.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural!" - Henry Wu.

I'm all for seeing a feathered dinosaur on screen in a JP but on a new species.

That shot of Owen holding the raptor in the thumbnail is gorgeous!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Who here can honestly say that being hunted down by a 40 foot chicken isn't terrifying?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 08, 2015, 09:13:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 07, 2015, 02:30:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JhrjTxUgE

She completely bypasses the conversation between Wu and Masrani where he says "If their genome was 100% many of them would look very different." It's a piece of entertainment which is commenting more of genetic tampering than anything else.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural!" - Henry Wu.

I'm all for seeing a feathered dinosaur on screen in a JP but on a new species.

That shot of Owen holding the raptor in the thumbnail is gorgeous!

2:49 I invite you to watch a promo where the film's own promo shuts that genetic tampering argument down.

Alien³

Alien³

That promo video is meant to be real advert for the company. If you believe everything InGen says then you might as well sit yourself on a toilet in the Rex paddock. :-*

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 08, 2015, 12:37:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0CVHwmhqo

2:49 I invite you to watch a promo where the film's own promo shuts that genetic tampering argument down.

God, Doom, you missed the point by something like two thousand yards.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

A little off topic, has there been any information on the eventual Blu/DVD releases?

Vermillion

Vermillion

$43.99

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 08, 2015, 12:54:07 PM
That promo video is meant to be real advert for the company.

Yeah, so what? That doesn't mean that they couldn't have applied the idea to the actual film.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Aug 09, 2015, 12:43:16 PM
A little off topic, has there been any information on the eventual Blu/DVD releases?

There's also going to be a Limited Edition version which will come with two models that connect via separate bases: Indominus and T.rex.

Gate

Gate

I hope you guys are ready to feel the box office record crumble to pieces when Star Wars returns.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well, that's a foregone conclusion :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gate on Aug 10, 2015, 06:01:23 PM
I hope you guys are ready to feel the box office record crumble to pieces when Star Wars returns.
Yeah, again, so?

I'm incredibly happy for the box office returns but don't care if they get one-upped; and that's because I'm happy for two reasons -- A. they show that JP is still in people's minds and there's still interest in it and B. we'll get a sequel. Who the hell cares if the records are broken again.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The sequel definitely won't make as much money as JW. It made as much as it did for two reasons, as I see it: the mother of all hype trains leading up to it along with it being the first JP-related film in 14 years. Given the disappointment with JW, people likely won't be as hyped for the sequel.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

JW's performance went strong for most of its theatrical run. People went to see it more than once. It made one Goddamn billion dollars at the box office. It's not a disappointment.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 10, 2015, 10:29:40 PM
Given the disappointment with JW, people likely won't be as hyped for the sequel.

Whaaaaaaa?

You're kidding right? The film got a very positive reaction pretty much across the board.

Quote from: Gate on Aug 10, 2015, 06:01:23 PM

I personally don't care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed