Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,609 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 29, 2015, 02:45:17 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 23, 2015, 11:01:31 PMThe most obvious angle to take would be a continuation of the military stuff, but the Hoskins character wasn't particularly well-received, so who knows.

Spoiler
Do we know for sure he's dead?
[close]

This is Jurassic Park, not The Avengers. He's definitely dead.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 29, 2015, 04:42:36 AM
or were you talking about the Idominis Rex? Cause I'm not certain he's dead. :)

No, she's definitely dead as well. She was tough but not invincible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 29, 2015, 12:09:47 PM
This is Jurassic Park, not The Avengers. He's definitely dead.

I know it wasn't the films but didn't stop them bringing Malcolm back in the books.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well technically, all we get in the book is Muldoon shaking his head when asked about Malcolm. This is of course after Malcolm just fades out in mid-speech. It could've been a temporary thing, like a coma state.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Lost World's first few chapters address that pretty well.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Page 398 of Jurassic Park:

QuoteThe government of Costa Rica felt they had been misled and deceived by John Hammond and his plans for the island. Under the circumstances, the government was not disposed to release of the survivors in a hurry. They did not even permit the burial of Hammond or Ian Malcolm. They simply waited.

He was dead until Crichton retconned his mathematical ass back from the dead to be in The Lost World (which I'm sure had something to do with the success of the Jurassic Park movie and the popularity of the Ian Malcolm character as portrayed by Jeff Goldblum.)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 29, 2015, 02:22:36 PM(which I'm sure had something to do with the success of the Jurassic Park movie and the popularity of the Ian Malcolm character as portrayed by Jeff Goldblum.)

He only wrote the book at all because the first film was so big. Universal specifically asked him to pen a sequel.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Well. There you go.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Haha hell yes. Spielberg tormented him. You can see some bitterness in TLW too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't think it had anything to do with being unable to make a feathered dinosaur scary... they're just saving it for the inevitable sequel. Where Dr. Wu finally gives everyone real dinosaurs. Of course they basically are way more scary then the fake ones while sporting sheik feather coats.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 07, 2015, 05:22:11 AM
I don't think it had anything to do with being unable to make a feathered dinosaur scary...

Trust me when I say there's more than a few JP fans who honestly believe feathered animals aren't scary.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Still with this stuff? Good God. We've been drawing circles in this thread.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As long as Jurassic Park exists, this subject will always be around.

Vermillion

Vermillion

We are hairless apes. 

Or are we hairless aliens?

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 07, 2015, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 07, 2015, 05:22:11 AM
I don't think it had anything to do with being unable to make a feathered dinosaur scary...

Trust me when I say there's more than a few JP fans who honestly believe feathered animals aren't scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nMguU6p4E

I want you to get attacked by a f**king Goose and tell me they aren't terrifying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed