Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,410 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/jurassic-world-dinosaur-toys-genderswapped-to-male-because-of-course-they-were

I swear JW controversy gets dumber every time something new comes up. ::)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 27, 2015, 08:20:12 PM
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/jurassic-world-dinosaur-toys-genderswapped-to-male-because-of-course-they-were

I think Omegamorph hit the spot:

QuoteEverything is sexist racist classist etc nowadays. Get used to it.

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 26, 2015, 10:53:15 AM
Palaeontologist Mark Witton doodling about the fine art of Velociraptor taming:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIVeLBuWIAASDYw.jpg

Great find. I am one of the few who want to see feathered maniraptorans  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You should've seen the stink this raised on Facebook. Holy shit, and it was coming from people WITHIN the scientific community. How did the people working in a profession based around logic and evidence become so stupid?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 28, 2015, 12:14:30 AM

You should've seen the stink this raised on Facebook. Holy shit, and it was coming from people WITHIN the scientific community. How did the people working in a profession based around logic and evidence become so stupid?
Dude, I need just one word to explain this.

PROMETHEUS

:laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lol, I loved the sloth. Though they could've put in a Smilodon for the scare effect.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Impressive Goldblum impression, there!

ace3g

ace3g

Top 2015 Movies
1.   Jurassic World   $500,100,000
2.   Avengers: Age of Ultron   $452,428,000
3.   Furious 7   $351,032,910

DOMESTIC GROSSES

1    Avatar    Fox    $760,507,625    2009^
2    Titanic    Par.    $658,672,302    1997^
3    Marvel's The Avengers    BV    $623,357,910    2012
4    The Dark Knight    WB    $534,858,444    2008^
7    Jurassic World    Uni.    $500,100,000    2015

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

This news locks in another decade of giant monster movies. More Dinosaurs, Godzilla, Kaiju, and other hopefully original monster on the loose films.

I want a period remake of Vally of Gwangi

Spoiler

[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh you have no idea how much I've wanted a remake of The Valley of Gwangi over the years. I've sketched several Gwangi designs for it (modifying his species and making it some kind of advanced Carcharodontosaurid or Allosaurid that has evolved in the meantime into a new form). Harryhausen never really described Gwangi as 'just' a Tyrannosaurus or 'just' an Allosaurus. Makes sense for him to be a Carnosaur that evolved within his environment (the confined valley).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm currently working on a script for an abandoned project that O'Brien and Harryhausen worked on together back in the 50s. It was called The Valley of the Mist and it was the film that eventually became Gwangi. The concept art was pretty cool.

http://www.rayharryhausen.com/biography.php
QuoteThis project was never realised even though Ray worked with Obie on the concept for some time.

Ray executed three large drawings of a pterodactyl being roped by natives, an allosaurus (the proposed star of the project) attacked by a triceratops and the same allosaurus killing the triceratops and being attacked by natives.  Ray never showed these drawings to Obie for fear that he wouldn't like them.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

FINALLY got around to seeing Jurassic World. Talk about the ultimate nostalgia trip (though it was also pretty relevant in some of its major themes as well). It was like I was five years old again! Jurassic Park is the film that made me want to be a paleontologist as a kid, and soon after it became one of the films that made me want to make movies myself. I definitely see this movie recapturing that same magic for today's audience, and am extremely pleased to see it doing as well as it has been doing. Jurassic World isn't perfect, but it really didn't have to be. I walked out of the theater with a giant smile on my face and felt like a little kid again, and at the end of the day that's what really matters.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I had a feeling you'd enjoy it. Which scene was your favourite?

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 29, 2015, 12:34:08 PM
FINALLY got around to seeing Jurassic World. Talk about the ultimate nostalgia trip (though it was also pretty relevant in some of its major themes as well). It was like I was five years old again! Jurassic Park is the film that made me want to be a paleontologist as a kid, and soon after it became one of the films that made me want to make movies myself. I definitely see this movie recapturing that same magic for today's audience, and am extremely pleased to see it doing as well as it has been doing. Jurassic World isn't perfect, but it really didn't have to be. I walked out of the theater with a giant smile on my face and felt like a little kid again, and at the end of the day that's what really matters.
exactly how i feel  ;D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

A proper Carnosaur adaption would be cool too. Even a better adaption of A Sound of Thunder is welcome as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed