Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,584 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Taxemic on Jun 25, 2015, 11:34:37 PM
Pure killing machine eating everything that moves until Raptors. Sorry, can't help myself. I feel very bitter about this film. Wanted to want to see it twice but honestly couldn't waste my time on it I don't think I'll like it anymore. Might rewatch the first again.

The raptors still got killed by it, so I fail to see your point.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2015, 01:55:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2015, 11:12:35 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2015, 10:18:05 PM
In hindsight, I feel kind of sorry for Indominus. Poor thing was a genetic freak, a Frankenstein Monster's...and ended up being the one who ultimately suffered because of human arrogance. What do you guys think?
Well it didn't look like it -wasn't- having a great time eating everybody. It immediately ate the first thing it saw. Unlike Frankenstein's monster or king kong; I don't think they gave it a heart. A pure killing machine is what it was. It took what man gave it and ran. :)

But then can we hold it responsible for its actions? If it's only behaving as it was created, then I would argue we can't.
I don't think so. Hell it is a weapon made by man; so any deaths are on it's creators shoulders. That would be like blaming the alien for wanting to reproduce using the Nostromos crew.

Though it is both sentient and sapient so it is possible it feels fear... but the dinosaur itself wasn't explored enough in the movie. All we really got to see was the weapon aspect of the beast. Actually we don't even know if it is dead, we didn't see it die on screen. Hard to feel sorry for it considering how perfect a dinosaur it is.

Maybe not dinosaur but mutant creation aka monster. It's a predators dream.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Gate on Jun 25, 2015, 06:46:35 PM
Star Wars is going to blow this the f**k out of the sky.

Well im a big fan of both movie series, so personally I dont mind which one is on top considering sales but I believe the problem with Star Wars might be that it's not really for everyone whereas Jurassic Park/World has a wider apeal to people in general I think.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Palaeontologist Mark Witton doodling about the fine art of Velociraptor taming:

szkoki

szkoki

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

This poster is pretty awesome

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 26, 2015, 05:14:34 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2015, 01:55:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2015, 11:12:35 PM
In hindsight, I feel kind of sorry for Indominus. Poor thing was a genetic freak, a Frankenstein Monster's...and ended up being the one who ultimately suffered because of human arrogance. What do you guys think?
Well it didn't look like it -wasn't- having a great time eating everybody. It immediately ate the first thing it saw. Unlike Frankenstein's monster or king kong; I don't think they gave it a heart. A pure killing machine is what it was. It took what man gave it and ran. :)

But then can we hold it responsible for its actions? If it's only behaving as it was created, then I would argue we can't.
I don't think so. Hell it is a weapon made by man; so any deaths are on it's creators shoulders. That would be like blaming the alien for wanting to reproduce using the Nostromos crew.

Though it is both sentient and sapient so it is possible it feels fear... but the dinosaur itself wasn't explored enough in the movie. All we really got to see was the weapon aspect of the beast. Actually we don't even know if it is dead, we didn't see it die on screen. Hard to feel sorry for it considering how perfect a dinosaur it is.

Maybe not dinosaur but mutant creation aka monster. It's a predators dream.

I'm quite certain it's dead. It's tough, but it's not invincible. I would agree that it's not a dinosaur. It never existed during the Mesozoic and it doesn't fit the definition of a dinosaur: an animal that lived on land during the Mesozoic Period, a member of the dinosauria.

Xenomorphine

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.zimbio.com/Web+LOLs/articles/oprunE1-cAy/Someone+Replaced+Jurassic+World+Dinosaurs

QuoteBut no successful pop culture event has truly reached its peaked until it's been spoofed by the greatest of all Internet memes: cats. That's where KhanandKittens comes in. The Tumblr blog has been replacing dinosaurs with cats in the Jurassic Park franchise for years, and now it's given Jurassic World the kitty treatment.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I agree with you actually. Even though I was cheering for it to be taken down, once it got dragged down in the end it looked so helpless. My heart actually dropped a bit for it, even though I was totally excited about it at the same time. It looked pretty brutal how it was pulled into down and it did briefly cross my mind what a terrible life this thing had and then for it to be killed like that is horrifying.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well this is interesting. A new tidbit about TLW I never knew.

https://instagram.com/p/4a19IMTYhX/

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 27, 2015, 03:30:14 AM

I agree with you actually. Even though I was cheering for it to be taken down, once it got dragged down in the end it looked so helpless. My heart actually dropped a bit for it, even though I was totally excited about it at the same time. It looked pretty brutal how it was pulled into down and it did briefly cross my mind what a terrible life this thing had and then for it to be killed like that is horrifying.

Another reason why humans need to be wary of too much science. Innocent creatures end up being hurt.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea but we still don't know how smart it is. It may like it's new man-made abilities.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And in the process, kill more people.

szkoki

szkoki

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2015, 05:23:18 AM
Well this is interesting. A new tidbit about TLW I never knew.

https://instagram.com/p/4a19IMTYhX/

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 27, 2015, 03:30:14 AM

Another reason why humans need to be wary of too much science. Innocent creatures end up being hurt.

Science is like an ax, you can use it to kill people or to cut wood

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed