Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,763 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Star Wars is going to blow everything the f**k out of the sky.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Gate on Jun 25, 2015, 06:46:35 PM
Star Wars is going to blow this the f**k out of the sky.

Undoubtedly. Hopefully this time, it will deserve to...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gate on Jun 25, 2015, 06:46:35 PM
Star Wars is going to blow this the f**k out of the sky.
Yeah and?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2015, 12:06:34 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 25, 2015, 12:04:34 PMPretty sure they got shot at during those scenes, even if we didn't exactly see it.

The soldiers didn't start shooting until after the raptors turned.

I know.

Vertigo

Vertigo

If history is any indicator, Force Awakens will rake in more in total, but not break the opening weekend record.
Phantom Menace didn't come close to Lost World's opening, which can't be put down to reviews or word of mouth that early in the run, but is more likely attributable to the nuances of a summer vs winter launch.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A bit off-topic, but I wonder if Avatar can be dethroned some day

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 25, 2015, 08:16:55 PM

I hope so. Space Pocahontas is a little too overrated.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I left a Dairy Queen about 20 mins with free JW promo materials! It's amazing what you can get if you just ask nicely 8)

Vertigo

Vertigo

I don't think it'll happen for a long time. That film was a perfect storm of Cameron's auteur-driven mass appeal, never-before-seen spectacle and brand new cinema technology, and leapfrogged every other box office take by a VAST margin.

I'm not sure we're in a cinematic landscape where such combinations are currently possible - I think Avatar's only going to get unseated when sheer ticket price inflation catches up with it. Don't hold your breath, no-one else has even caught up with Titanic yet after 17.5 years.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 25, 2015, 08:26:05 PM

I hope so. Space Pocahontas is a little too overrated.

This! someone should kick that blue ass :laugh:

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 25, 2015, 09:54:02 PM

I don't think it'll happen for a long time. That film was a perfect storm of Cameron's auteur-driven mass appeal, never-before-seen spectacle and brand new cinema technology, and leapfrogged every other box office take by a VAST margin.

I'm not sure we're in a cinematic landscape where such combinations are currently possible - I think Avatar's only going to get unseated when sheer ticket price inflation catches up with it. Don't hold your breath, no-one else has even caught up with Titanic yet after 17.5 years.

Yeah, perhaps a new revolution in special effects and cinematography will be required.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In hindsight, I feel kind of sorry for Indominus. Poor thing was a genetic freak, a Frankenstein Monster's...and ended up being the one who ultimately suffered because of human arrogance. What do you guys think?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2015, 10:18:05 PM
In hindsight, I feel kind of sorry for Indominus. Poor thing was a genetic freak, a Frankenstein Monster's...and ended up being the one who ultimately suffered because of human arrogance. What do you guys think?
Well it didn't look like it -wasn't- having a great time eating everybody. It immediately ate the first thing it saw. Unlike Frankenstein's monster or king kong; I don't think they gave it a heart. A pure killing machine is what it was. It took what man gave it and ran. :)

Taxemic

Taxemic

Pure killing machine eating everything that moves until Raptors. Sorry, can't help myself. I feel very bitter about this film. Wanted to want to see it twice but honestly couldn't waste my time on it I don't think I'll like it anymore. Might rewatch the first again.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Almost purchased the I-Rex deluxe toy the other day bc it looked complete badass. Only 8 more days until I finally get to witness Jurassic World...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2015, 11:12:35 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2015, 10:18:05 PM
Well it didn't look like it -wasn't- having a great time eating everybody. It immediately ate the first thing it saw. Unlike Frankenstein's monster or king kong; I don't think they gave it a heart. A pure killing machine is what it was. It took what man gave it and ran. :)

But then can we hold it responsible for its actions? If it's only behaving as it was created, then I would argue we can't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed