Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,735 times)

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Gate on Jun 12, 2015, 05:23:19 PM
About the finale....

Spoiler

The Tyrannosaurus Rex was probably feeling challenged. Mama Rex was the only Rex in the park and the I-Rex's base was a T-rex... So this abomination most likely felt like a territorial tresspasser.
[close]

By the way, I'm only upset that Jeff Goldblum didnt make a cameo after the credits on a talk show about the events.

pherhaps he isnt a full retard to give his name to this nonsense

Gate

Gate

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 13, 2015, 12:13:58 AM
About the finale....

Spoiler

The Tyrannosaurus Rex was probably feeling challenged. Mama Rex was the only Rex in the park and the I-Rex's base was a T-rex... So this abomination most likely felt like a territorial tresspasser.
[close]

By the way, I'm only upset that Jeff Goldblum didnt make a cameo after the credits on a talk show about the events.

Well aren't you classy.

viendammage

viendammage

About the finale....

Spoiler

[close]

He actually appears in the film on the back of Malcolm's book in a couple of scenes.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Gate on Jun 13, 2015, 12:21:15 AM
About the finale....

Spoiler

[close]

Well aren't you classy.

okay honestly i feel like im in a parallel universe now. and honestly - no intention to harm any people - but how could someone like this movie even just a bit? point out its good things really. at every board people(die hard JP fans most of the time!) say "it is 9/10, almost better than the original, enjoyed every bit, best JP movie ever" etc

okay if someone love these types of movies, like some people love to see horror movies or super hero movies, wich are certain category but no ...still no, i just cant accept this title as a summer blockbuster, action, thriller, we should accept it what it is and we should turn our brains off movie ....i mean what??? you know what kind of movies are described like this? killer shark vs giant octopus, sharknado, but these are only low budget movies, thats the only diffo. this is exactly what JW is, and it makes me sad and even more sad that this is what the world wanted after all for 22 yrs.

its like i would be one of the fews who would criticise Aliens: Colonial Marines

viendammage

viendammage

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 13, 2015, 01:09:55 AM
Quote from: Gate on Jun 13, 2015, 12:21:15 AM
About the finale....

Spoiler

[close]

Well aren't you classy.

okay honestly i feel like im in a parallel universe now. and honestly - no intention to harm any people - but how could someone like this movie even just a bit? point out its good things really. at every board people(die hard JP fans most of the time!) say "it is 9/10, almost better than the original, enjoyed every bit, best JP movie ever" etc

okay if someone love these types of movies, like some people love to see horror movies or super hero movies, wich are certain category but no ...still no, i just cant accept this title as a summer blockbuster, action, thriller, we should accept it what it is and we should turn our brains off movie ....i mean what??? you know what kind of movies are described like this? killer shark vs giant octopus, sharknado, but these are only low budget movies, thats the only diffo. this is exactly what JW is, and it makes me sad and even more sad that this is what the world wanted after all for 22 yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPa5oVG-nII

its like i would be one of the fews who would criticise Aliens: Colonial Marines

That was actually my biggest issue with the film, the SyFy movie aspect mixed with evil corporation wanting to weaponize, etc. BUT Jurassic World isn't exactly the first film guilty of that. Just ask Roger Corman whose business began to corrode when studios started making big budget B genre movies decades ago.

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2015/06/summer-cinema-jurassic-world.html

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Guys, be civil...

The thermal and camo stuff hardly featured, at all. They could have done away with those plot points and the story would have still run the same.

The creature design similarities with Rex were fairly obvious. The arms were more useful, but it essentially comformed to the same kind of body profile. The differences were superficial/cosmetic, at best. It could have been replaced with a Rex with brain chemistry anger issues and, again, the basic story would have gone down much the same. I don't think the film really gained much by introducing a Rex 2.0.

Spoiler
Yes, there's the velociraptor communication, which I thought was cleverly handled, but having them turn on their human handlers seemed like a foregone conclusion, no matter what. Again, it didn't really justify the I Rex existence.
[close]

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jun 12, 2015, 10:32:16 PM
Indominus Rex was like a Carcharodontosaurid with extra long arms...

but exactly what are the similarities with Rex? was the strength of her jaws? or the power of the roar?

No, it was the role it played in the plot of the movie. Big dinosaur breaks out, wreaks havoc. T Rex has already done that.

The new features are either superficial in comparison to the T rex or were only featured once and discarded rendering them relatively pointless.

Spoiler
example, the camouflage. It's shown once, then never seen again. When it is used. It's not used to great effect on screen. It just appears, and attacks. T Rex did that in JP when it burst through the bushes and chased the Jeep. The I Rex's camouflage is never seen again
[close]

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wonder what they can do for a 5th film? I feel like that they are out of ideas for this franchise.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I just got back from the premier here in Ottawa, to start off there were no more seats so I had to sit on the floor. Thankfully that was the worst part of my experience. Overall I have to say I enjoyed this movie, it wasn't a fantastic film, but it was fun and miles ahead of TLW and JP3. Some of the comedy relief was a unnecessary, but it wasn't too intrusive, it just kind of killed the tension at times.

One scene in particular I appreciated, as I'm sure most people here did as well
Spoiler
The scene when the InGen security team goes into the jungle to hunt the I-Rex, and you were seeing it through cameras and their statuses were on display in the control room as Pratt and co. watched, that whole scene just screamed Aliens.
[close]
My biggest gripe of the entire film was when
Spoiler
Vincent D'Onofrio's character was killed off, he's trying to reason with Blue and I was sitting there the whole time saying "It's a f**king animal, what are you doing". It would have been so much better if it just showed up mid sentence and killed him off.
[close]
I also liked how the kids in the movie weren't annoying as hell as kids tend to be in films, I don't know, they just felt more believable to me. One thing I really hated though was the lack practical effects, I saw little to no animatronics/puppets during the entire film, they relied way to heavily on CG.

About the ending
Spoiler
When blue was running in all in slow motion, I won't lie, I kind of laughed, it was so stupid but also just so damn awesome, it was like something out of The Avengers. And when Momma Rex and Blue stare each other down in the end, you can see Blue slowly backing off and the rex did just take one hell of an ass whuppin' from the I-Rex, so I'm okay with them not going at it after killing the I-Rex, it's all Hollywood make believe people, it doesn't have to be 100% realism.
[close]

Overall I'd give Jurassic World a 75%, it's leagues better than JP3 (60%), and in my opinion it was better than TLW (70%).
+Lots of fun
+Good acting from the stars
+Some really great tense moments
+
Spoiler
T-Rex vs I-Rex
[close]
-Some really bad supporting actors (That scene when the mother starts crying over the phone)
-Predictable plot
-Hollywood cliches
-No Goldblum

I don't know why but one scene in particular got to me, when the kid opens the doors and it does a shot of the park with the theme playing, for some reason that just gave me a great feeling that is surprisingly hard to explain through text. Also when the film ended people were clapping, and these little kids all around were talking about dinosaurs. The reason that got to me is that dinosaurs were a huge part of my childhood, but kids today seem to have forgotten about them, most of my little cousins for example couldn't give 2 shits about dinosaurs, so seeing little kids interested in dinosaurs makes me pretty happy.

Overall: 75%
I know I'm terrible at reviews, spare me

blood.

blood.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 13, 2015, 03:44:03 AM

Spoiler
Vincent D'Onofrio's character was killed off, he's trying to reason with Blue and I was sitting there the whole time saying "It's a f**king animal, what are you doing". It would have been so much better if it just showed up mid sentence and killed him off.
[close]
One thing I really hated though was the lack practical effects, I saw little to no animatronics/puppets during the entire film, they relied way to heavily on CG.

Yes! This is what I was thinking as well.
Spoiler
There's so much potential wasted in this film. It's so close to being good, but it fizzles constantly. There's too many distractions. A Jurassic Park velociraptor would have savagely mauled that guy. This raptor feels neutered.  Imagine if vince goes full eviltard and monologues about what he's going to do with the dinosaurs, with the main characters on their knees in front of him, at gunpoint, at his whim. When Blue surprisingly and suddenly appears next to him like a clever girl... instead it just strolls in, ignores the others and stares at the fat bad guy before eventually deciding to bite him.
[close]
Also the cg, it looked good enough, freeze any moment and it looks good, but the movements... the body language of the dinosaurs were all wrong. They were all different to what any previous JP dinosaurs did. This for me was too distracting.
Spoiler
Especially the T rex. The way it's head wobbled as it walked... Just everything about it felt wrong to me. As I said earlier in the thread it looked more like the land of the lost t rex then the og t rex from jp
[close]

About the ending
Spoiler
When blue was running in all in slow motion, I won't lie, I kind of laughed, it was so stupid but also just so damn awesome, it was like something out of The Avengers. .
[close]

Yeah, It was at this point that I
Spoiler
literally shuddered at how bad it is and I've never done that with any film before. I could only pray that it would all be over soon
[close]

I don't know why but one scene in particular got to me, when the kid opens the doors and it does a shot of the park with the theme playing, for some reason that just gave me a great feeling that is surprisingly hard to explain through text.

I felt the same way. So many feels in this movie. So many highs and lows, the lows for the wrong reasons lol.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jun 13, 2015, 04:03:44 AM

Spoiler
[close]
One thing I really hated though was the lack practical effects, I saw little to no animatronics/puppets during the entire film, they relied way to heavily on CG.

Yes! This is what I was thinking as well.
Spoiler
There's so much potential wasted in this film. It's so close to being good, but it fizzles constantly. There's too many distractions. A Jurassic Park velociraptor would have savagely mauled that guy. This raptor feels neutered.  Imagine if vince goes full eviltard and monologues about what he's going to do with the dinosaurs, with the main characters on their knees in front of him, at gunpoint, at his whim. When Blue surprisingly and suddenly appears next to him like a clever girl... instead it just strolls in, ignores the others and stares at the fat bad guy before eventually deciding to bite him.
[close]
Also the cg, it looked good enough, freeze any moment and it looks good, but the movements... the body language of the dinosaurs were all wrong. They were all different to what any previous JP dinosaurs did. This for me was too distracting.
Spoiler
Especially the T rex. The way it's head wobbled as it walked... Just everything about it felt wrong to me. As I said earlier in the thread it looked more like the land of the lost t rex then the og t rex from jp
[close]

About the ending
Spoiler
When blue was running in all in slow motion, I won't lie, I kind of laughed, it was so stupid but also just so damn awesome, it was like something out of The Avengers. .
[close]

Yeah, It was at this point that I
Spoiler
literally shuddered at how bad it is and I've never done that with any film before. I could only pray that it would all be over soon
[close]

I don't know why but one scene in particular got to me, when the kid opens the doors and it does a shot of the park with the theme playing, for some reason that just gave me a great feeling that is surprisingly hard to explain through text.

I felt the same way. So many feels in this movie. So many highs and lows, the lows for the wrong reasons lol.

Spoiler
Bruh the T-rex is like 30 years old by the time this film takes place and real life Rexes probably didn't live much longer than 40 years. She was old.
[close]

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Too bad the Pteranodons from the ending of Jurassic Park III where never mention ever again. We never knew what happen after wards.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Shit, thought if I went in the morning and bought some tickets I could see it again tonight... Imax is sold da fuk out till monday.  :o

Also this movie is way better than how the earlier crowd and critics made it out to be. Jurassic Park is to Alien as Jurassic World is to Aliens! :P

szkoki

szkoki

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed