Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,886 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2015, 04:54:48 PM
Not necessarily. A lot of stuff was sold at auction two years after JP 3 was released. It's possible they don't have them anymore.
And can't track them down. Wow.

Not to mention there is stuff from the other two movies too. AND there would be photos and most importantly moulds.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well if someone else owns it, they're under no obligation to let the studio use it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well, I see more positive reviews than negative. Anyway I'll find out for myself, in a few hours. Although I will not make any review, since it's not my thing ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2015, 05:58:53 PM
Well if someone else owns it, they're under no obligation to let the studio use it.
As if that hasn't happened several times in the past.

viendammage

viendammage

Watched part 3 to prep this week. Was surprised how funny, weird and scary it is. The dinosaurs are so well done throughout with the practical puppets and they're just so mean! The raptor on the plane in the dream sequence? Gah! And the Pterodactyl that turns and looks into camera saw into my soul!

As for Jurassic World, it wasn't a bad time, just filled with cliches. I mean the hybrid dinosaur with extra powers was out of a SyFy movie and the push to weaponize them wasn't very original either. Nice to see the dinosaurs were main event here and not pushed to the back like in Godzilla and Transformers en lieu of lame human characters. The water based Shamu-saurus whatever was cool.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Jurassic World once again displays mans arrogance of doing things just because they can. A little worrisome as the sequel could be called Chimera Park since holy-shit-a-saurus was a chimera.

Also didn't Dr. Wu state that dinos were way more intelligent than those at the park but that Hammond wanted dumb ones because that was the public's perception of dinos at the time? Maybe from the books?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Other way round, Wu wanted to (but didn't) dumb down the dinosaurs because their authentic replications turned out to be smarter/faster than the general public would expect.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Just saw JW, it was pretty good for the most part, and had a lot of awesome moments in it. Certain parts were kind of crap, like the pointless, go nowhere stuff with the kids' parents and basically everything to do with Hoskins.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Regardless of my positive opinion of the film, I was basically right in my own predictions about the famous I Rex addition... They should have just used an Allosaurus and said it had an unexpected or deliberate size mutation. There were only a few minor things which justified it being an entirely new creature and they didn't really feel necessary. To all intents and purposes, it was just a conventional Rex with more useful arms.

If you're going to say you've made a totally new thing and added in cuttlefish DNA (of all things), then make the design properly exotic to justify that label. Otherwise, just use what you already have to hand.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I think the pointless kids stuff worked. I went into this movie wanting the kids to get eating but halfway through I felt bad for the lads. I actually felt bad for the babysitter.

Still no one but staff saw the iRex so I figure the cover up will be a terrorist attack on the pteranodon house.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 12, 2015, 09:56:05 PMTo all intents and purposes, it was just a conventional Rex with more useful arms.
It. Was. Perfect.

Quote from: XenomorphineIf you're going to say you've made a totally new thing and added in cuttlefish DNA (of all things), then make the design properly exotic to justify that label. Otherwise, just use what you already have to hand.
They added it in for reasons other than enhancement. Wu was surprised by how it hid it's thermal signature. They were basically f**king around because they could and to quote Ian, they never stopped to ask if they should. The entire point about profits and customer expectations is hog wash. Geneticist create monsters because they want to.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Saw the movie this morning. loved it! 9/10 for me.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The movie was good. But I have some doubts ...

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 12, 2015, 09:56:05 PM
Regardless of my positive opinion of the film, I was basically right in my own predictions about the famous I Rex addition... They should have just used an Allosaurus and said it had an unexpected or deliberate size mutation. There were only a few minor things which justified it being an entirely new creature and they didn't really feel necessary. To all intents and purposes, it was just a conventional Rex with more useful arms.

If you're going to say you've made a totally new thing and added in cuttlefish DNA (of all things), then make the design properly exotic to justify that label. Otherwise, just use what you already have to hand.

Indominus Rex was like a Carcharodontosaurid with extra long arms. By the way...what are the similarities with T.Rex? because it is assumed that the creature has Tyranosaurus DNA, but at the same time Giganotosaurus DNA, which I believe is reflected in her size and and overall appearance...but exactly what are the similarities with Rex? was the strength of her jaws? or the power of the roar?

Although the similarities with Abelisaurids are very noticeable. About the long arms...I guess is due to Velociraptor DNA (involving also all that about intelligence). Unless Spinosaurid DNA is part of the creature, but I doubt it.

Gazz

Gazz

Overall I thought JW was average. There's a lot of fun individual moments and one very neat twist for the raptors but it's strung together by filmmakers and writers who seem to be at odds over what type of film they want to make. Trevorrow makes the same mistake as Bird did with Tomorrowland in that the film they're making seems to be the very thing they're criticising. For example, Trevorrow has one of the character's remark how corporate the park is in regards to product placement in a clear nudge-nudge-wink-wink about how corporate modern films have become, yet there are several moments of obvious product placement littered through the film. There are shots that entirely serve to sell a f**king car.

I also think Trevorrow utterly misses the tone of Spielberg's classic. Jurassic Park was about mining excitement out of the wonder of seeing something you've never seen before. World seems to be about drawing excitement from seeing those wonderful things either kill everything in sight or be killed. Sure there's the element of danger about Jurassic Park, and there are some gnarly death scenes, but it rarely comes across as cruel (the exception being the opening kill). World felt cruel to me.

Also, the placement of the Jurassic Park theme bugged me. In Park it's saved for the new guests witnessing a living dinosaur for the first time. It's literally something they have never seen before (nor the audience seen realised in such a realistic way before). It's a moment of absolute wonder. With World it's used for a view of the parks busy main street, which very much resembles something of an exotic Disney World. It's the type of view seen on multiple adverts for theme parks. There's nothing wondrous about it at all. It's corporate. Fell very flat for me.

I liked the stuff with the Raptors, though I can see the execution of them bugging a lot of fans. It's certainly a lot better than JP3 and despite my above issues there is some fun to be had. It just pales in comparison to the original and even The Lost World in my opinion.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I personally really enjoy it and I like it better then the last two sequels. I found the movie a lot of fun start to finish. While the human is not perfect, they where likeable and I care about them to see them make out alive. The CG is good, but I do feel like it could have been a bit better though. Since this is a fictional sci-fi movie, I just go with the flow and ignore the bad paleontologist stuff. The dinosaurs in the movie are fictional no different how other fictional dinosaurs are like Godzilla. I give it a 7.5/10.

ace3g

ace3g

Jeff SneiderVerified account
‏@TheInSneider

THIS JUST IN: According to estimates as of 4 p.m., JURASSIC WORLD is on pace for a $162 million opening weekend... http://www.thewrap.com/jurassic-world-on-pace-for-impressive-162-million-opening-weekend/ ...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed