Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,650 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2015, 08:50:19 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot to complain that the story was quite predictable thanks for all the trailers. I didn't see the big finale to the fight coming - thought that was bad ass.
Yea it was bad ass...

Spoiler
It was a foregone conclusion that the T-rex was going to wreak the Spinosaurus skeleton. I laughed out  loud at that part. However the poor T-rex got it's ass handed to it... quite literally, by the iRex. Those actual arms gave it too much of an advantage. :P The Mosasaur finale everyone in the theater saw coming from a mile away.
[close]

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 08:44:31 AM
Spoiler
I-Rex ain't'got shit on the king of the dinosaurs!
[close]

The motorcycle part was lot less dumb than I thought, actually, it was amazing! Lot of respect for the Velociraptors street cred in the movie.

Was anyone else surprised at the brutality of
Spoiler
the way the pterodactyl toyed with the assistant? WOW.
[close]
The motorcycle part wasn't even that significant but yea...
Spoiler
the assistant being tossed around was brutal but I didn't notice if they showed her arm in the Mosasaurs mouth or not. It's obvious she's eaten but I didn't notice it. Damn thing looked awesome in 3D. :P

The T-rex got for the most part destroyed.
[close]

Oh and the terminator genisys trailer looked f**king great in IMAX.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

At least
Spoiler
it was a much better fight than with the Spinosaurus  :laugh: I-Rex really was brutal, especially seeing what it did to the Anklyosaurus... Seeing the Mosasaur drag it down was great, I didn't see it happening myself  :laugh: good for the new additions to get a role.
The 3D was great in this film. Better than in most.
[close]

They've reinvigorated the franchise. Can't wait to see where it goes now. Chris and Bryce were excellent. Hope they come back in future sequels, and maybe a couple of the old favourites?

Alien³

Alien³

Spoiler
I love that Zara (Claires assistant) was reading Malcolm's book on the monorail near the beginning.
[close]

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 12, 2015, 09:59:55 AM
Spoiler
I love that Zara (Claires assistant) was reading Malcolm's book on the monorail near the beginning.
[close]

I loved
Spoiler
seeing Mr DNA!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 12, 2015, 09:59:55 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Hadn't noticed. Love that.

Jarac

Jarac

As good as the original? Nope, but honestly didn't expect it to be. That magic is hard to recapture. It had a lot of cheesy moments in it, but screw the haters, the movie was FUN! It felt like a worthy sequel to the original. It even had a lot of references to the original (most subtle that old fans would point out and be like "haaa!"; my friend needs to watch the first movie again, lol). There were also references to Predator and Aliens that it seemed like only I noticed. It was fun and awesome, especially the end!

Overall, it was solid. Did not disappoint.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2015, 11:26:26 AM
http://io9.com/yes-jurassic-parks-bad-dinosaur-science-still-matters-1710655652
Written by the film's consultant, Brian Switek.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/11/opinions/naish-jurassic-world-missed-opportunity/index.html
Is it just me or do professional paleontologist love Jurassic Park 3 more than Jurassic Park? That's what it sounds like. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No. They do like the quilled raptors though. It was a step in the right direction; somewhat.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2015, 11:26:26 AM
http://io9.com/yes-jurassic-parks-bad-dinosaur-science-still-matters-1710655652
Written by the film's consultant, Brian Switek.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/11/opinions/naish-jurassic-world-missed-opportunity/index.html

They have a line in the movie about that. While explaining that technically every dinosaur in the park is a hybrid, Wu says 'if we made them accurate they would look quite different.'

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Switek's article explains why that isn't good enough. It's something, but it's still problematic. Here's a great comment someone left on Facebook in response to this subject; mock dialogue.

QuoteScientist: "Why do the dinosaurs have feathers now? The ones from the original park didn't?"

Dr. Wu: "Hammond had us engineer the originals to be featherless, much like some featherless breeds of chickens, because we actually discovered that they had feathers before fossil specimens of feathered dinosaurs had been discovered. There were concerns regarding the public's reaction to such a shocking change to their image. However, over the last 20 years, many feathered specimens have been discovered, so ironically enough, now featherless dinosaurs would be viewed as inauthentic! Consequently, the CEO of Jurassic World decided it best for us to engineer dinosaurs with their natural feathers."

You can't tell me that would have worked perfectly.

Rankles75

Rankles75

I can honestly say I don't give a rat's arse whether they have feathers or not. Some people really need to get out more...

Vertigo

Vertigo

If you're not actually interested in dinosaurs then that's perfectly understandable.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

By the way, Vertigo, I read your review on RT.com. Good read. Given my opinion of TLW, I think I'll enjoy this much more.

Hubbs

Hubbs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed