Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,331 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Jun 10, 2015, 05:21:54 PM
Quotethat's where the series went to shit.
All three movies are awesome. Plus the first movie was a monster movie, just a rare breed and a high budget, much like how Alien is a 50s monster movie with good cinematography and effects. 8)

The first really wasn't a monster movie. It's clear intention was adventure. None of the dinosaurs were portrayed as being monster like. The kitchen scene is the only scene I can think of that backs up your theory.

Lost World turned into a monster movie towards the end where it ends up being a Godzilla film. Still enjoyable though, the third film however was a steaming pile of steg shit. (personal opinion ofcourse)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Up to 74%

I should ask, but I'm guessing the answer is a no: is there a post-credits scene?

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

QuoteNone of the dinosaurs were portrayed as being monster like. The kitchen scene is the only scene I can think of that backs up your theory.
And the T-Rex attacks weren't? Hell the gallimimus hunt scene was a homage to The Valley of Gwangi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Valley_of_Gwangi#Legacy

http://www.nealromanek.com/tag/books/

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 10, 2015, 05:53:00 PM
Lost World turned into a monster movie towards the end where it ends up being a Godzilla film.

However they justify the Tyrannosaur's actions by saying as soon as its quenched its thirst its going to hunt, and being in an alien environment the Rex doesn't quite know what to do until it hears the cries of its infant.

If you've ever seen videos of elephants rampaging they could be mistaken to act like monsters.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Jun 10, 2015, 06:03:23 PM
QuoteNone of the dinosaurs were portrayed as being monster like. The kitchen scene is the only scene I can think of that backs up your theory.
And the T-Rex attacks weren't? Hell the gallimimus hunt scene was a homage to The Valley of Gwangi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Valley_of_Gwangi#Legacy

http://www.nealromanek.com/tag/books/

Like I said there were elements but it was never a flat out monster movie like you stated.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Jun 10, 2015, 06:03:23 PM

I think that's the scene which does the most (among the adult carnivore sequences at least) to convey the dinosaurs as animals rather than monsters. Just doing what they'd do naturally, and in a convincing manner.

It's also the only scene in the series to date in which the dinosaurs actually hunt each other, as far as I can remember. Sadly.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Just came back, the film is so stupid and filled with cliches but luckily it is also very entertaining. It's a multi million dollar B-movie basically. 7/10 seems right, better than JP3 for sure, better than Godzilla 2014. Like Alien 3 said, JP for the new generation.
A scene was obviously ripped off from Aliens, i didn't mind.

Gate

Gate

so you saw the movie... two days early...

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Gate on Jun 10, 2015, 08:52:43 PM
so you saw the movie... two days early...

Yes, in Estonia. Im surprised how much of the critics are praising the movie. Tbh it is really a bad film when i think about it, but much more fun and memorable than JP3.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I know not many people liked Stuckman but he liked it enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qB07zvjfI

szkoki

szkoki

who approved this really? ???

worst, dumbest, ugliest JP ever...yet it made me cry(yes the old score and one dino's death, than the movie decided to screw you viewer u'll get a dumb action movie, with packing everything in every scene we got)

4-5/10

exactly and i think its worse than TLW and JP3

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 10, 2015, 03:47:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mRWedgSZs0

Don't you see the danger, John Trevor, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power JP is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun.

But honestly can u see the irony in the story? Sicentist (here Trevor and Spielberg) make a genetically modifed monster(wich here is Jurassic World) to please the endless hunger of the audiance. What did the character get, what did we get? Exactly.

pros
Spoiler

- sets
- original score, music in general
- Pratt
- best moment is that Apatosaurus death
- Dr Wu explains it finally why all the dinos are different in JW/JP than they were in reality(feather etc) *
[close]

contras
Spoiler

oh boy...
- cgi isnt that good besides the I-Rex
- movie's pace is off, its like ACTION, peace+dinos, ACTION, talking about the boring plot what an 8yrs old made, ACTION,talking about the boring plot what an 8yrs old made ACTION ...ew
- cartoon characters indeed, so cartoons that you wont care about them, how could this Masrani stay alive in this world for 30-40yrs?
- there are some side kick characters with too much screen time, and they are more even non relevant!
- the dino galore...this movie is like a kid's idea who throws his dinos together to beat eachothers up just because
- okay the tamed raptors. it is explained, i wasnt even against it. but the raptors ran into the I-rex...and since the I-rex has raptor genes it can talk to them and turn them against humans...i mean WTF??...but okay, lets assume its okay but no one in the lab expected this yet their plan was all along to use raptors as weapons and this would be their biggest test, yet Wu didnt warned his fellow ingen members about this?...but no dont settle down, the movie goes even further, since the raptors in the end for some reason turn on the I-rex just because...??? and in the end they can talk to the T-rex too ???
- that Wu explanation caused this, allowed to movie  to make these animals officially MONSTERS, and it goes even further with the old talking T-rex in it, it made JP animals also MONSTERS*

F*CK U MOVIE

- Masrani's death is so irrelevant yet they tried to make it serious
- that babysitters death is so irrelevant yet they tried to make it serious
- the T-Rex was waiting all day long at his doorstep to come out?
- really over the top, out of pace jokes, why?
- action scenes are actually really boring
- movie has no suspense besides the I-rex's outbreak
- what the hell happened to Omar SY's character?
..never mind i dont care
[close]

frenchfries

frenchfries

cant even understand what youre saying

Rankles75

Rankles75

Reading that made my head hurt... :(

szkoki

szkoki

this movie made my head hurt too, too bad it touched seriously Jurassic Park because it will make your heart bleed too

frenchfries

frenchfries

iv seen other fans praise this movie, so it cant be that bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed