Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,566 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jun 10, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2015, 02:36:52 PM
Must.Avoid.Reviews.

Although I still want to know if they reuse dialogue. Has anyone seen note of that in any reviews?

Doesn't sound like it, from the reviews I've seen so far. Hopefully not, as that's one of my main gear-grinders when it comes to sequels...

Me too. That's why I ask.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 10, 2015, 02:23:16 PM
Reviews have evened out somewhat. Looking more like what I initially expected.

67% on Rotten Tomatoes so far.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jurassic_world/

That's considerably lower than I expected. I thought at least somewhere in the 80s range :-\

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 10, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Jun 10, 2015, 02:23:16 PM
Reviews have evened out somewhat. Looking more like what I initially expected.

67% on Rotten Tomatoes so far.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jurassic_world/

That's considerably lower than I expected. I thought at least somewhere in the 80s range :-\

It's been getting 8 and 9's in a lot of other sites and magazines yet it's low on Rotten Tomatoes. Seems odd to me.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Have to say it's scored well in most of the reviews I've seen, so the RT score is a bit of a head-scratcher. Didn't expect it to rate much higher than 75% though tbh, simply because it's nigh on impossible to recreate the wow factor the original had and character development was always going to take a back seat with so many set-pieces being crammed in.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll make up my own mind when I see the film of course but for my own selfish reasons, I want the rating to be higher :P

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

OR! OR! OR! OR!........ Rotten Tomatoes should never be taken seriously and you should enjoy a movie for yourself. 8)

Hubbs

Hubbs

The first three movies were monster movies so that statement is not only off, but confirms I will likely give this a perfect score.

DoomRulz

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Jun 10, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
The first three movies were monster movies so that statement is not only off, but confirms I will likely give this a perfect score.

The first wasn't really a monster movie. It had elements but was more of an adventure. The Lost World is where the dinosaurs became monster and that's where the series went to shit.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Think they really became monsters by the third one to be honest. Second one had a rampaging rex, yes, but rampaging animals aren't necessarily monsters. Thing was drugged as shit.

Stalker Spinosaurus, on the other hand...

Rankles75

Rankles75

Apart from the character development, the other main criticism I've seen thrown at JW is "sexism". But seeing as how just about every film these days is accused of that, I don't really give a rat's arse...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Everything is sexist racist classist etc nowadays. Get used to it.

Quotethat's where the series went to shit.
All three movies are awesome. Plus the first movie was a monster movie, just a rare breed and a high budget, much like how Alien is a 50s monster movie with good cinematography and effects. 8)

frenchfries

frenchfries

70 percent on rotten tomatoes now. chris stuckman and the schmoes gave it a good review, dissapointed in jeremys review.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed