Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,623 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

9 days  :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

One of their better ones IMO.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 01, 2015, 09:32:53 PM
Operation Genesis by far.
Cant get it to run on windows 8. :(

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2015, 03:59:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proODp0-kgk

There needs to be an everything wrong with this everything wrong video...

...Ooo the temptation.

szkoki

szkoki

There is a screening here on the 10th.

Alien³

Alien³

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Anyone else have this back in the day?
http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Dinosaur-Field-Guide/dp/0553536850/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433323270&sr=1-5&keywords=jurassic+park

A revised version is out now and I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 03, 2015, 10:16:12 AM
Anyone else have this back in the day?
http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Dinosaur-Field-Guide/dp/0553536850/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433323270&sr=1-5&keywords=jurassic+park

A revised version is out now and I'm seriously tempted to pick it up.

Holy crap, I think I did. It came with a little poster, I think. Very cool book.

Xan21

Xan21

Amazing stuff right here, the dinosaur looks and acts so realistic, if only it looked that great in the gyrosphere scenes (I haven't seen the film obviously but still...)

Jurassic World Virtual Reality

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 03, 2015, 08:35:12 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2015, 03:59:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proODp0-kgk

There needs to be an everything wrong with this everything wrong video...

...Ooo the temptation.

What didn't you like about it?

Vertigo

Vertigo

I really don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously. :P

Though the video did provoke a varying mix of "Oh yeah, that is pretty stupid" and "Oh shut up, you're incredibly stupid" for me.

Quote from: Xan21 on Jun 03, 2015, 11:21:54 AM
JW Virtual Reality video

Amazing stuff right here, the dinosaur looks and acts so realistic, if only it looked that great in the gyrosphere scenes (I haven't seen the film obviously but still...)

Jurassic World Virtual Reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEKjamS9cTs
[close]

That does look utterly stunning. What's the deal behind this, is it a CG environment created by JW's effects team, or by an independent team? Or is it actually a photo-mapped environment? Is it just developed as publicity for Samsung and Universal?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 03, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
I really don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously. :P

Though the video did provoke a varying mix of "Oh yeah, that is pretty stupid" and "Oh shut up, you're incredibly stupid" for me.

Most of them are like that. But this one was pretty accurate IMO. I never noticed the inconsistency with the Rex stomping until he pointed it out.

szkoki

szkoki

Lost World is indeed really stupidly put together in every segment, how can like this over JP3 is beyond me, and that vid isnt their best, also he even could bash this movie much more. That shows its just for entertainment.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll still choose it over JP3. At least TLW has a run time of two hours and so it doesn't feel like it has an abrupt ending. Also, the ending isn't so "WHAT THE f**k?!", what with the army showing up out of literally nowhere. And yes, I'm still bothered by the killing of the Rex.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 03, 2015, 11:56:29 AM
What didn't you like about it?

Too many to mention but here's a few I thought were wrong...

"Sin 7" about them breeding the animals on Sorna and moving them to Nublar. They explained: "Yeah, no you didn't. Or else you wouldn't have had eggs in the lab in the first movie, where we see them hatch and whatnot. You wouldn't have kept all that DNA on Isla Nublar, either."

They failed to observe the tour ride Grant (and co) were on which was designed for tourists to observe how they breed dinosaurs, beginning with a cartoon, followed by a small tour of a scaled down lab in which they hatch some dinosaurs to up the wow factor.
Sorna is the "factory floor" where they can observe, study, and iron out any problems with the animals before moving them to the park.

Plus all that DNA (which I presume they mean the embryos Nedry steals) is kept on Nublar as stock for the showroom lab. The large cloning facilities and research centres are on Site B.

"Sin 42" a guy puts the noose around the Pachy's head and another guy fires a tranq which causes it to run. It's all on screen, they just decide to leave out a crucial shot in this video to make a joke. Again, joke is lost because its based on nothing.

"Sin 65" Malcolm presumes something bad is going to happen because of what Sarah was saying about the behaviour of the Rex's, not because he can physically see something coming.

"Sin 82" makes no sense. I don't know where they're getting that sexist vibe from Burke. If he was sexist in the film it would be a funnier sin, considering they'd be mocking his out-dated character outlook. But he's not so...

"Sin 93" Impact tremors are a territorial thing for the JP Rex. Whilst roaming they create impact tremors to warn other animals of their approach. Much like how elephants communicate. When hunting the Rexes are deadly silent. Perfect ambush predators.

"Sin 100" No one hears the first three victims of the raptors in the long-grass because the raptors are excellent hunters. How is that a sin?

"Sin 114" the complaint about Sarah not hurting her back is fine. So why didn't they count the thousands of times Tim should have been seriously injured in the "Everything wrong with Jurassic Park" video? This is an example of why people watch the original with rose tinted glasses.

"Sin 121" is it hard to imagine the Rex following someone into the cargo hold and a dying person managing to close the doors before they bit the dust?

Poking fun at movies is fun n' all, even the great ones, but CinemaSins are often adding to the pot of misguided views of movies. The Lost World is just another victim.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed