Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,584 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Clip with pratt and the raptor squad. People complaining about raptors being so called docile and unthreatening really need to stop crying. This clip proves that they are as dangerous as always but they stand down because of the relationship they have with pratt. Which is a normal thing in nature. Lions can be tamed also but are still dangerous. There was even a guy that had a close bond with a crocodile and could swim with him.

This clip is really nice.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/v/jurassic-world-clip-piggy-153000867.html

Xan21

Xan21

The clip itself is great, good, suspenseful, Owen is really intense, but they couldn't have shown the one with the updated cgi? Most of the trailers/ tv spots had better contrast, coloring etc...

New image from inside the old visitors center!

Gate

Gate

Too many TV spots, it's ridiculous now.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Don't watch them. Durr.

Gate

Gate

I feel bad for the people who have. You've probably seen 90% of the content in the film.

szkoki

szkoki

why feel sorry? i dont get it, if its a good movie i'll watch it a 100 times anyway if its shit the first impression wont make it any better

about that clip the guy should be dead falling from that high or at least  he should be paralyzed. bit weird

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: szkoki on May 27, 2015, 08:04:36 PM
why feel sorry? i dont get it, if its a good movie i'll watch it a 100 times anyway if its shit the first impression wont make it any better

about that clip the guy should be dead falling from that high or at least  he should be paralyzed. bit weird
All good points.  ;D

Still the clip demonstrates that he doesn't actually control the raptors since he does strongly hesitate about going in. Basically he crossed his fingers.  :laugh:

frenchfries

frenchfries

ha well adrenaline can do amazing things.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Snowdog on May 27, 2015, 04:53:27 PM
Clip with pratt and the raptor squad. People complaining about raptors being so called docile and unthreatening really need to stop crying. This clip proves that they are as dangerous as always but they stand down because of the relationship they have with pratt. Which is a normal thing in nature. Lions can be tamed also but are still dangerous. There was even a guy that had a close bond with a crocodile and could swim with him.

I think the reason no one likes the idea of Raptors being tamed is is the exact same reason why we don't like the idea of Weyland-Yutani taming the Aliens; it just seems unrealistic given the capabilities we've seen from these creatures and it strips them of all the lethality they've built over the years.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on May 27, 2015, 09:42:42 PM
I think the reason no one likes the idea of Raptors being tamed is is the exact same reason why we don't like the idea of Weyland-Yutani taming the Aliens; it just seems unrealistic given the capabilities we've seen from these creatures and it strips them of all the lethality they've built over the years.

Raptors and their behaviour are solely based off of animals that are alive on our planet today. That said, they're not tamed. ::)

The Alien is a made up space monster.

No weirder than Tim surviving the car being shoved off a ledge into a treetop. Or Tim survive having the same vehicle chase him down a tree and fall on top of him. Or Tim being electrocuted by 10,000 volts and surviving. Hyper-reality.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Alien³ on May 27, 2015, 09:49:39 PM

Raptors and their behaviour are solely based off of animals that are alive on our planet today. That said, they're not tamed. ::)

It's debatable how realistic the raptors are given their genetic engineering with frog DNA and the fact that they're like 2x the size of normal raptors and for some reason have no feathers whatsoever. :P  Long story short though, the raptors have made quite an impact on audiences everywhere; nobody even knew what a Velociraptor was until Jurassic Park unveiled them, and like the Aliens they are quite possibly scarier than the T-Rex itself.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on May 27, 2015, 09:51:42 PM
It's debatable how realistic the raptors are given their genetic engineering with frog DNA and the fact that they're like 2x the size of normal raptors and for some reason have no feathers whatsoever.

Doesn't change their behaviours.

Just uploaded my TLW commentary.

ace3g

ace3g

The audio in that clip is odd...Pratt's accent is more "country/southern" than any of the other spots/clips.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Quote from: predxeno on May 27, 2015, 09:51:42 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on May 27, 2015, 09:49:39 PM

It's debatable how realistic the raptors are given their genetic engineering with frog DNA and the fact that they're like 2x the size of normal raptors and for some reason have no feathers whatsoever. :P  Long story short though, the raptors have made quite an impact on audiences everywhere; nobody even knew what a Velociraptor was until Jurassic Park unveiled them, and like the Aliens they are quite possibly scarier than the T-Rex itself.

The Raptors in the films are many times the size of real Velociraptors but they are actually smaller than the UtahRaptor which was discovered in 1975 but it wasn't until the early 90's that they discovered more remains. The  biggest one was 2m tall and  7m(21 feet) long and weighing just under 500kg (estimated). This makes it similar in size to the raptors in the film but actually bigger.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Snowdog on May 27, 2015, 04:53:27 PM

I dunno about you but I can get behind it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed