Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,316 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2015, 11:09:46 AM
See my earlier comment about if a director wants a TRex running at 50mph, they'll get it whether it looks right or not...

Fair enough but again the Indominus is a made up animal.

It gives them the freedom to have it act somewhat differently.

SiL

SiL

It doesn't give them the freedom to have it look like an animation. It ruins the suspension of disbelief.

Alien³

Alien³

Animation looks like animation. I'm shocked. ::)

Spoiler
That said it's damn good animation.

[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 25, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
On the subject of CGI...

QuoteThe Untold Story of ILM, a Titan That Forever Changed Film
http://www.wired.com/2015/05/inside-ilm/

I really like this image. Is this an original still or is it photoshopped to feature one of the new raptors? I'm asking because the one on the counter looks exactly like the one from the Mark Englert SDCC poster.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 26, 2015, 11:31:27 AM
I'm asking because the one on the counter looks exactly like the one from the Mark Englert SDCC poster.

Mark Englert used this still from JP to paint the poster.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ah, that makes sense. On the CGI in the film...I am of the belief that the shots in the trailer are unfinished. The only thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem to be much weight to the movements of the animals, but I believe in ILM.

Alien³

Alien³

"TREVORROW: Harsh top light has often not flattered the dinosaurs, but in Jurassic World they're very naked and out in the open—it took that encouragement from Dennis for us to be willing to let these dinosaurs have sunlight hit their skin and not add any additional effects to mask them. It helps the movie feel intensely real."

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As long as they aren't glistening, they'll look real.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2015, 09:19:22 AM
None of the shots of the creatures moving like like actual animals moving; they look like animation.
I actually disagree heavily here, the movement choreography is excellent. It's harder to judge because the camera moves differently and captures them from specific angles. The action is more complex.

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2015, 09:19:22 AM
That iRex breaking out of the egg might as well have been a 2D Disney animation overlaid onto the shot as far as its movements go, it's that far removed from how an actual living organism would move.
Funnily enough, I think that is one of the most impressive shots we've seen so far, visually speaking. We can't really judge the movement of it yet, because it's obviously edited to hell and back. It's been featured in 2-3 TV spots so far and it's sped up for dramatic purposes in every single one of them.

Another thing: many of the people that worked on the original film are also working on this one. And when it comes to visual effects I'm talking about Phil Tippett and Dennis Muren, some of the top people in the field.

ace3g

ace3g

HQ

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ace3g on May 27, 2015, 12:19:03 AM
HQ

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/619291juwopir2.jpg

I always wanted to see a Giganotosaurus in a JP movie, well I guess the I.Rex is what comes closest to that idea  8)

szkoki

szkoki

so i wonder what will turn the raptors. they planned this or wild raptors or i -rex does it (since it has raptor genes, maybe it can communicate). i wouldnt like the latter one

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm hopeful it's just something they planned. Retain their intelligence. They played Starlord all along.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I rather like the I.Rex design. It's a suped-up carnosaur.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed