Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,583 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

First look at Mr. Masrani. This clip really feels and looks and sounds like a modern Jurassic Park movie. Absolutely fits the style of the franchise. Really love it! ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ7gABNxlxg

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 22, 2015, 02:07:31 PM
I'VE BOUGHT MY TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Picked up three tickets here. My theater's showing it on the 11th, a night early. Got a huge premiere group organized.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Same, there are early showings as well over here. Just...I don't know, makes more sense to go on the Friday.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I'll probably go Thursday the 11th as well. Imax.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm going to end up seeing this. I don't know why, I only liked the first Jurassic Park..guess it's just something to see.

Alien³

Alien³

The greatest thing I've ever seen.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Alien³ on May 23, 2015, 01:38:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5gcc2QH_8

Amazing.

Was that made by Hubbs???

Quote from: Alien³ on May 23, 2015, 01:38:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5gcc2QH_8

Amazing.

Was that made by Hubbs???

SiL

SiL

Rewatched the original while eating dinner.

It's really, really sad that a sequel made in 2015 has dinosaurs that are no more convincing than those made 22 years earlier. The original has some shots that really have no aged well, but with the exception of some Brachiosaurus shots nothing looks as in-your-face CG as what this trailer is showing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

A lot of the scenes in Jurrasic park were under the cover of darkness... in Jurassic World everything in shown in full light and the later is far superior to the former. I'll probably say the same thing for JW 20 years from now but every damn time they show the Mosasaur in the trailer it keeps getting better and better looking. JP was a breakthrough that still stands up today but by today's standards it looks fake as shit in most aspects.

Well and truthfully that's because all of us have had much more experience with cg films and can tell the differences. I'm still shocked at how phoney the Star Wars prequels look yet back when they were released I thought it looked as real as can be.

Snowdog

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

HA that kid was hugging her for her boobs.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 23, 2015, 08:37:19 PM
HA that kid was hugging her for her boobs.

Id hug her for her boobs too ;D

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Rewatching my blu ray ultimate trilogy in anticipation  ;D

The Lost World is next  8)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 23, 2015, 11:49:51 AM
A lot of the scenes in Jurrasic park were under the cover of darkness... in Jurassic World everything in shown in full light and the later is far superior to the former.
Not when it looks fake as shit. The teal and orange colour grade really doesn't help, either.

Quotebut by today's standards it looks fake as shit in most aspects.
Brachiosaur aside, not really. The CG raptors don't look any less convincing than the CG raptors in JW, and JW has 22 years of effects evolution on it.

QuoteWell and truthfully that's because all of us have had much more experience with cg films and can tell the differences.
It's because they aren't used as well.

Jurassic Park has fifteen minutes of dinosaurs. Fifteen. I watched the film last night and I still don't believe it. The shots stand up because every one of them had two years of R&D and incredibly talented people behind them making them the best they can be. They aren't in your face often or long enough to lose the suspense or the reality and they're cut into their environment like living animals.

Everything from JW is "Hey lookit the pretty shot".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed