Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,233 times)

frenchfries

frenchfries

lol people still think lost world and jp3 are retconneed? the director himself has said that they have been pushed to side because they take place on another island, that doesn't mean that they are retconned.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 01, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on May 01, 2015, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2015, 06:36:59 AM
If I said that the Stegosaurs seen in the trailer are the same Stegosaurs that existed offscreen in the first film, what kind of reaction would I have gotten then?

You would get very strange looks because you might as well say, remember that lightbulb in the visitors centres toilets we never saw? Well its coming back for the 4th movie! Both the Stegosaurus and the lightbulb did nothing in the original movie so it would be pointless. The Tyrannosaurus is a different kettle of fish as it was a prominent character.

The idea behind the T-rex from the first film coming back is a mixture of constancy and fan service. Before Grant and co visited JP InGen moved animals from Site B to Nublar. one of which was the female Tyrannosaur. Now after the accident in the park she was free to rule the island for 12 or so years before Masrani turns up to build a new park. They recaptured her and now showcase her at the T-Rex kingdom.

What is not to like? 8)

Historically, movies that rely on fan hype or their popular opinion have never fared well in the box office, just look at movies such as AVPR, Silent Hill: Revelation, and Snakes on a Plane.

Snowdog

Snowdog

szkoki

szkoki

in the end all these might turn out be ture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QTbux3n7Q

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2015, 08:09:00 PM
Historically, movies that rely on fan hype or their popular opinion have never fared well in the box office, just look at movies such as AVPR, Silent Hill: Revelation, and Snakes on a Plane.

So you're speculating that JW might do badly at the box office because the same T-rex from the original film is back?

predxeno

predxeno

No, I'm stating that the producers seem to have more focus on fan hype than on producing a definable plot, one that many fans already dislike from the trailers (already not a good sign).  If you think you're so smart then why don't you suggest a legitimate plot reason why only the T-Rex is mentioned in this example and why dinos like the Gallimimus weren't. ::)

szkoki

szkoki

you are making too big deal out of this whole old T-Rex thing. it is the old, experienced one to make it reasonable to kill the superior I-Rex. thats it

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, I kinda figured that though in all honesty, I'd be pretty disappointed if T-Rex killed I-Rex as it would make the I-Rex seem far less ferocious than we were made to believe, it being a fusion of many dinos including T-Rex.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 01:08:32 PM
No, I'm stating that the producers seem to have more focus on fan hype than on producing a definable plot, one that many fans already dislike from the trailers (already not a good sign).  If you think you're so smart then why don't you suggest a legitimate plot reason why only the T-Rex is mentioned in this example and why dinos like the Gallimimus weren't. ::)

Which fans dislike the plot? From what I've seen its getting praise across the board from the fans mainly because what we've seen are snippets from the trailers. No one has seen the film yet.

Here is your reason...

Tyrannosaurus is the most well-known popular dinosaur on Earth. And one which has lived for decades is very impressive. Proves what a dominate predator the Tyrannosaurus is.

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 01:38:38 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that though in all honesty, I'd be pretty disappointed if T-Rex killed I-Rex

Life finds a way.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Alien³ on May 02, 2015, 02:26:22 PM
Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 01:08:32 PM

Which fans dislike the plot? From what I've seen its getting praise across the board from the fans.

I was referring to the raptor bike gang shot actually, as much as I want to give this movie a chance, there quite a bit of suggestive evidence that this film was made as a cash grab to milk the audience with nostalgia. :(

Here is your reason...

Tyrannosaurus is the most well-known popular dinosaur on Earth. And one which has lived for decades is very impressive. Proves what a dominate predator the Tyrannosaurus is.

Yeah, but it's almost inconceivable that none of the other "original" dinos survived along with the Rex.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: predxeno on May 02, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
Yeah, but it's almost inconceivable that none of the other "original" dinos survived along with the Rex.

So what?

As for nostalgia, I hate to break it to you, but this is a sequel. Nostalgia and past-mining go with the territory. JW has a very different aesthetic, virtually all new cast of characters (the Tyrannosaurus will probably be the most prominent returning star), and focuses far more on genetic tampering, theme park crassness and our relationship with animals. Even without having seen the film, it's obvious there's enough new here to creatively justify it.

You must be horrified about Star Wars' teaser trailer full of 40-year-old characters and designs, or James Bond resurrecting SPECTRE, if this stuff bothers you that much.

predxeno

predxeno

Star Wars would bother me if only one of the characters was returning for the sequel and the entire plot hinges on that one character, thankfully though the producers had the foresight to bring back the entire cast and not just the one most popular character, how dumb would it have been if they decided the new movie didn't need any mention at all to Leia or Han?

Vertigo

Vertigo

So, basically, you're upset that they're not bringing back (edit: or not saying they're bringing back) the original Triceratops, Parasaurolophus and Brachiosaurus? Which you would have no way of recognising, and saw very little screen time of?

predxeno

predxeno

As if you would recognize the T-Rex?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You're making far too big a deal about this. It's a little wink and smile to fans of the original film. It's not like the film is focusing on this to advertise itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed