Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,256 times)

Keg

Keg

Oh for god sake not this again. Completely ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Predators pretty much completely ignores Predator 2 but that doesn't mean that film didn't happen. Its just not acknowledging it in any way so you can watch Jurassic Park followed by Jurassic World and not need any prior knowledge of the middle two films. Saying its a direct sequel to the first doesnt erase the other two. Doing something like what Blomkamp is doing with Alien however is something else entirely.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Keg on May 01, 2015, 07:01:36 AM
Oh for god sake not this again. Completely ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Predators pretty much completely ignores Predator 2 but that doesn't mean that film didn't happen. Its just not acknowledging it in any way so you can watch Jurassic Park followed by Jurassic World and not need any prior knowledge of the middle two films. Saying its a direct sequel to the first doesnt erase the other two. Doing something like what Blomkamp is doing with Alien however is something else entirely.

I know that, but I mean since it says it's a direct sequel to JP rather then just a sequel to the series I was merely wondering.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Maybe look back a couple pages next time? You're not the only one to wonder

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Keg on May 01, 2015, 07:01:36 AMOh for god sake not this again. Completely ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

In fairness, that's not what Trevorrow said. He said it's a "direct sequel". The could quite easily mean it considers the intervening films null and void. Superman Returns did exactly that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I've got this bad feeling that the Mosasaurs is going to catch the iRex off guard and drown the bitch.

Actually even worse, considering pratts gotta eat, gotta hunt, gotta f**k speech, and that the irex has trex DNA... the entire series of events is setup because the irex got really friggen horny.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2015, 06:36:59 AM
If I said that the Stegosaurs seen in the trailer are the same Stegosaurs that existed offscreen in the first film, what kind of reaction would I have gotten then?

You would get very strange looks because you might as well say, remember that lightbulb in the visitors centres toilets we never saw? Well its coming back for the 4th movie! Both the Stegosaurus and the lightbulb did nothing in the original movie so it would be pointless. The Tyrannosaurus is a different kettle of fish as it was a prominent character.

The idea behind the T-rex from the first film coming back is a mixture of constancy and fan service. Before Grant and co visited JP InGen moved animals from Site B to Nublar. one of which was the female Tyrannosaur. Now after the accident in the park she was free to rule the island for 12 or so years before Masrani turns up to build a new park. They recaptured her and now showcase her at the T-Rex kingdom.

What is not to like? 8)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 01, 2015, 07:40:21 AM
In fairness, that's not what Trevorrow said. He said it's a "direct sequel". The could quite easily mean it considers the intervening films null and void. Superman Returns did exactly that.

From http://www.masraniglobal.com/about/divisions/ingen/security/index.html

QuoteA seasoned security contractor, Vic Hoskins was involved in overseeing the infamous flying reptile "cleanup" operation over Canada in 2001. Due to the professionalism his team displayed, he was hired personally by Simon Masrani to re-develop InGen's Security Division, which helped oversee the protection of workers on Isla Nublar during Jurassic World's construction.

You don't need to watch 2 and 3 to understand 4 simple as that.

szkoki

szkoki

i dont know how to feel about if its true

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Oh for god sake not this again. Completely ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

To be a little bit more precise, it means it doesn't matter if it happened or not...

szkoki

szkoki

too late  :P

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 01, 2015, 11:05:58 AM
Oh for god sake not this again. Completely ignoring it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

To be a little bit more precise, it means it doesn't matter if it happened or not...

People have been attempting to use this logic to invalidate the AVP movies so it would be no surprise if they do the same to the JP movies as well.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2015, 12:55:13 PMPeople have been attempting to use this logic to invalidate the AVP movies so it would be no surprise if they do the same to the JP movies as well.

I thought people used the fact Prometheus pretty much retcons them to invalidate them? Peter Weyland =/= Charles Bishop Weyland.

predxeno

predxeno

They use that pretty rarely actually since Prometheus is still a comparatively new movie, before it came out pissed off fanboys used said rationale for their retconning.

DoomRulz

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Alien³ on May 01, 2015, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2015, 06:36:59 AM
If I said that the Stegosaurs seen in the trailer are the same Stegosaurs that existed offscreen in the first film, what kind of reaction would I have gotten then?

You would get very strange looks because you might as well say, remember that lightbulb in the visitors centres toilets we never saw? Well its coming back for the 4th movie! Both the Stegosaurus and the lightbulb did nothing in the original movie so it would be pointless. The Tyrannosaurus is a different kettle of fish as it was a prominent character.

The idea behind the T-rex from the first film coming back is a mixture of constancy and fan service. Before Grant and co visited JP InGen moved animals from Site B to Nublar. one of which was the female Tyrannosaur. Now after the accident in the park she was free to rule the island for 12 or so years before Masrani turns up to build a new park. They recaptured her and now showcase her at the T-Rex kingdom.

What is not to like? 8)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 01, 2015, 07:40:21 AM

From http://www.masraniglobal.com/about/divisions/ingen/security/index.html

QuoteA seasoned security contractor, Vic Hoskins was involved in overseeing the infamous flying reptile "cleanup" operation over Canada in 2001. Due to the professionalism his team displayed, he was hired personally by Simon Masrani to re-develop InGen's Security Division, which helped oversee the protection of workers on Isla Nublar during Jurassic World's construction.

You don't need to watch 2 and 3 to understand 4 simple as that.

This.

And yeah that confirms JP3 did happen. It's just you don't need to see the other sequels to watch this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed