Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,568 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The trailers have a different colour grading when compared to the clips. No worries.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 28, 2015, 07:21:43 AM
Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Apr 28, 2015, 07:08:59 AM
Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 28, 2015, 07:05:28 AM
I'm not really fond of the Blue and Green colors of the raptos, they look quite... fake, imo.

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 27, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
I they went a little overboard with teal and orange look, makes the dinos seem much less realistic. Jurassic Park had life like colours and it worked fine, this isn't Transformers.

The original wasn't perfect.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDp_RfHWAAEkPqD.png

I really believe the original JP (and maybe TLW as well) had indeed more life like colours as reecebomb stated as well. It's such an unnessecary change. Maybe they should have tweaked the contrast a little more, the colours look too "intense" now, which make them a little fake imo. Especially the blue one.
No no. Everything was brown. Although it didn't affect the movie for me that much, whenever I would see it and I'd see all the brown raptors, it just seemed so unlikely. And the Rex the same shade of brown too, almost. But even within the same species, I didn't think they would all be exactly the same brown. Maybe not a blue color like Blue's, but the colors are acceptable to me. It's in the other end of the spectrum, but I prefer that to the original colors. And I like the individuality it gives them.

TLW had a nice middle ground though. At least, in the concept art.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Dinosaurs of the rainbow

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Apr 28, 2015, 01:18:40 PM
Dinosaurs of the rainbow
Not so hard to process when you consider they're the ancestors of birds. They need the plumage, but oh well I can dig it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 28, 2015, 01:50:34 PM
Quote from: Wrecktangle on Apr 28, 2015, 01:18:40 PM
Dinosaurs of the rainbow
Not so hard to process when you consider they're the ancestors of birds. They need the plumage, but oh well I can dig it.

Thank you. At least they're halfway there.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Apr 28, 2015, 07:08:59 AM
Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 28, 2015, 07:05:28 AM
I'm not really fond of the Blue and Green colors of the raptos, they look quite... fake, imo.

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 27, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
I they went a little overboard with teal and orange look, makes the dinos seem much less realistic. Jurassic Park had life like colours and it worked fine, this isn't Transformers.

The original wasn't perfect.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDp_RfHWAAEkPqD.png
i like how people will still say that the cgi in the original is better  ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's an overreaction to unfinished renders. People need to cry.

Snowdog

Snowdog

The thing is that the trailers are mostly overlapped with trailer music, without any of the final sound design. I mean the sound design is a major part of the creatures coming to life. The cgi can be less good but if the sound design is amazing, it makes up for it. Jurassic Park wouldn't be what it is without that amazing sound design. the roar of the t.rex and the sounds of dinosaurs walking etc etc. A lot of people seem to forget this and purely judge on the visual aspect.

Slashfilm set visit that has a part in it that even makes me more excited for this movie!!

Spoiler
We visited another set which is the remains of the old visitors center from the original Jurassic Park. This was probably the coolest set we saw as it felt like I was stepping into the same location from the first film. Years have gone by, and the visitors set has been completely abandoned. Greenery has completely taken over, and the bones of the T-Rex lay on the floor as do the dirty scraps of the banner, which we were told play into this story. Vines are growing around a piece of the scaffolding we saw in the first film. The stairs are overgrown with tree branches, vines and grass. The iconic doors are rusted and vines have taken over the archway entrance. The old visitors center is located in a part of the park which has dinosaurs roaming free. The boys stumble upon this location somewhere in the middle of the movie.
[close]

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-set-visit/

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 28, 2015, 06:00:58 PM
The thing is that the trailers are mostly overlapped with trailer music, without any of the final sound design. I mean the sound design is a major part of the creatures coming to life. The cgi can be less good but if the sound design is amazing, it makes up for it. Jurassic Park wouldn't be what it is without that amazing sound design. the roar of the t.rex and the sounds of dinosaurs walking etc etc. A lot of people seem to forget this and purely judge on the visual aspect.

Slashfilm set visit that has a part in it that even makes me more excited for this movie!!

Spoiler
We visited another set which is the remains of the old visitors center from the original Jurassic Park. This was probably the coolest set we saw as it felt like I was stepping into the same location from the first film. Years have gone by, and the visitors set has been completely abandoned. Greenery has completely taken over, and the bones of the T-Rex lay on the floor as do the dirty scraps of the banner, which we were told play into this story. Vines are growing around a piece of the scaffolding we saw in the first film. The stairs are overgrown with tree branches, vines and grass. The iconic doors are rusted and vines have taken over the archway entrance. The old visitors center is located in a part of the park which has dinosaurs roaming free. The boys stumble upon this location somewhere in the middle of the movie.
[close]

Totally loving this! Cant wait for this.

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 28, 2015, 07:13:18 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 28, 2015, 06:00:58 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Totally loving this! Cant wait for this.
same here

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 28, 2015, 07:21:43 AMI really believe the original JP (and maybe TLW as well) had indeed more life like colours as reecebomb stated as well. It's such an unnessecary change. Maybe they should have tweaked the contrast a little more, the colours look too "intense" now, which make them a little fake imo. Especially the blue one.

I hate to break it to you, but if you want life-like raptors, the colours are extremely low on the list of things to complain about.
Looks like there's a good reason for making the colours so vibrant and distinct - it's so that each raptor can be easily distinguished from each other. They're even going to far as to name each of them in the pre-release material, so I think the audience is supposed to see them as distinct individuals.

:edit: Should say, I'm getting pretty excited about JW. It's not exactly what I wanted, but could turn out to be the most fun film in a year filled with blockbuster franchises. The set report in Empire is full of good things.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wow, if you're becoming excited, then Colin is really doing something right ;)

frenchfries

frenchfries

apparently these raptors had bird dna mixed into them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wait, really?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed