Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,920 times)

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 21, 2015, 10:47:26 PM

My sole issue with the "trained raptors" is the person who is controlling them; I just really don't like Chris Pratt as the guy in charge of them, he strikes me more of a comedy figure than a stand-alone action guy and seeing him in this role is akin to seeing Adam Sandler in it.

I still don't know what to think about Pratt's portrayal of Owen either. I personally didn't like the clip they released at all, seems to "lets put some humor a la Guardians of the Galaxy in here, because that will appeal people even more to Pratt's character"or something similair. At least that's what it felt like to me.

I did like him allot in his more serious scenes though, so I won't judge before I seen the whole movie but I personally believe that wasn't a good first clip to release, as someone mentioned before. I hope there won't be more simulair scenes like that between them (with such sexist remarks/forced humor). I preferred the relationship between Sarah and Malcolm allot more in TLW, there was "some" tension about their past, but that seemed more mature then what we saw in the JW clip.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 21, 2015, 10:47:26 PM
My sole issue with the "trained raptors" is the person who is controlling them; I just really don't like Chris Pratt as the guy in charge of them, he strikes me more of a comedy figure than a stand-alone action guy and seeing him in this role is akin to seeing Adam Sandler in it. 

Get. Out. Now.

Blasphemer!

szkoki

szkoki

no1: yes she is in high heels in the short clip with Owen too and she is running in high heels from the dino
no2: joss whedon is a virgin for sure, movie is not sexist that conversations is more like a healthy arguement between two people who attracted to eachother. and its always the woman who is the stronghold which needs to be conquered and its always that one different guy from the others who is cocky and taking risks, yet he can also be romantic when the time comes. just because its the same male character in every blockbuster it doesnt mean its sexist, its just attractive. and a valuable woman is just like that i mentioned.

just realized Pratt would be a perfect Nathan Drake

little inspiration taken?

Keg

Keg

He would make for a decent Drake actually, good shout that. Doesn't look like him but he could definately pull of his personality quirks.

predxeno

predxeno

Wow, the similarity between those two is striking. :o. Btw, I never liked Uncharted's Drake character either for the very same reasons as Pratt. :P

Keg

Keg

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 22, 2015, 04:25:10 PM
Wow, the similarity between those two is striking. :o. Btw, I never liked Uncharted's Drake character either for the very same reasons as Pratt. :P

Wouldn't call it striking. They've got very similar shirts on which kinda helps.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, not to mention very similar personalities.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Although Owen's character can be snarky, you can tell he's more serious than anything Chris has done in the recent past. Or possibly ever. And it suits him well. Some of the new shots in the trailer showed him doing a good job at it and I bought the serious side of him. He'll do fine.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Son of Paragus on Apr 22, 2015, 07:33:42 AM
I did like him allot in his more serious scenes though, so I won't judge before I seen the whole movie but I personally believe that wasn't a good first clip to release, as someone mentioned before. I hope there won't be more simulair scenes like that between them (with such sexist remarks/forced humor). I preferred the relationship between Sarah and Malcolm allot more in TLW, there was "some" tension about their past, but that seemed more mature then what we saw in the JW clip.

I don't mean to point out the obvious, but you can't compare one scene to a 2-hour film. I'm sure it will be explained. Speaking of which, what's the run time of this one?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Sexism bah. I never got any of that from the clip people are so sensitive nowadays.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 22, 2015, 06:15:42 PM
Sexism bah. I never got any of that from the clip people are so sensitive nowadays.

It's a harmless, throwaway scene. People will get their panties in a twist over anything these days...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I predict that
Spoiler
there will be an end-credits scene featuring Ian Malcolm's return.
[close]
Who's with me? Also, about the "Restricted Area" quickly seen on a map screen in the first trailer, I really, really hope it's explored and
Spoiler
that we see the return of the Dilophosaurus. The poor guy never gets much respect.
[close]

predxeno

predxeno

^Yeah, that creature appears a LOT in the games and such but barely in the movies, why's that? ???

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 22, 2015, 09:21:12 PM
I predict that
Spoiler
[close]
Who's with me? Also, about the "Restricted Area" quickly seen on a map screen in the first trailer, I really, really hope it's explored and
Spoiler
that we see the return of the Dilophosaurus. The poor guy never gets much respect.
[close]

Well about your second spoiler, I'm not sure if you'd like to know or not but
Spoiler
I had heard they weren't in the movie :( I hope it's not true.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 22, 2015, 11:34:37 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 22, 2015, 09:21:12 PM
I predict that
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Well about your second spoiler, I'm not sure if you'd like to know or not but
Spoiler
I had heard they weren't in the movie :( I hope it's not true.
[close]

Was this from an official source?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed