Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,501 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Good clip. I like Pratt's character already. Grant Malcolm Muldoon all the way.

BDH's character needed to be more steely I think. She was sort of acting like a bashful teenager. If she is in charge of this thing she needs to be more of a cast iron bitch I think. One that sort of lets that veneer drop as the film goes on.

Oh well.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 08, 2015, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Apr 08, 2015, 12:46:01 PMevery intelligent animal can be trained

Not if they're busy hunting you.

dolphins, whales, apes, tigers, lions, crocos, bears, snakes, sharks all are trained by man, why would be an intelligent dinosaurs any different? cmon, think outside the box. but somehow i think in your head its all like Pratt is kissing and hugging raptors all day long

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 12:52:26 PMdolphins, whales, apes, tigers, lions, crocos, bears, snakes, sharks all are trained by man, why would be an intelligent dinosaurs any different?

None of which, with the possible exception of crocs, are actually predators of man. Occasionally eating a person is very different from actively hunting them.

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 12:52:26 PMbut somehow i think in your head its all like Pratt is kissing and hugging raptors all day long

No, in my head I hate the idea of the most lethal creature in the previous films being reduced to a performing monkey under human control.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 09, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 12:52:26 PMdolphins, whales, apes, tigers, lions, crocos, bears, snakes, sharks all are trained by man, why would be an intelligent dinosaurs any different?

None of which, with the possible exception of crocs, are actually predators of man. Occasionally eating a person is very different from actively hunting them.

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 12:52:26 PMbut somehow i think in your head its all like Pratt is kissing and hugging raptors all day long

No, in my head I hate the idea of the most lethal creature in the previous films being reduced to a performing monkey under human control.
It doesn't make that much of a difference if it specifically eats/hunts man or not. They are still predatory animals. Maybe raptors are more inclined to attack humans because they're about the same size, but they are still animals. And smart ones at that. It's not hard to believe they can be controlled to a certain degree. I may be wrong but I get the feeling you still see them as movie monsters and not animals.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 09, 2015, 01:51:27 PMIt doesn't make that much of a difference if it specifically eats/hunts man or not.

It really does. Ask any biologist. An animal occasionally attacking people is very different to a species that actively hunts humans. There are very few species on Earth (like, two) that actually do the latter.

But like I said, more than anything I dislike the concept of essentially reducing them to pets.

szkoki

szkoki

dinosaur actively hunts human?
look i get your point as you wrote that u want to see them as threats ...again, personally i think its a refreshing idea instead of see them as dumb killing machines, we will see how it goes tho

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 09, 2015, 12:33:41 PM
BDH's character needed to be more steely I think. She was sort of acting like a bashful teenager. If she is in charge of this thing she needs to be more of a cast iron bitch I think. One that sort of lets that veneer drop as the film goes on.

Oh well.

Isn't BDH acting that way because Owen is a past date? Her professional persona drops around him.

I love everything about the clip. It resonates JP perfectly.

Scree

Scree

Quote from: ace3g on Apr 09, 2015, 03:18:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EY4qZO4vC4#ws

Well that was different than I expected.  I guess there will be more comedy, especially from Pratt's character.

Great Jurassic Park 4 clip. Dialogue about sex and relationships and bad, cartoony acting. Awesome! Who cares about the dinosaurs?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 02:16:10 PM
dinosaur actively hunts human?
look i get your point as you wrote that u want to see them as threats ...again, personally i think its a refreshing idea instead of see them as dumb killing machines, we will see how it goes tho

I don't think you can say they were ever portrayed as dumb killing machines. They were always quite intelligent which is the allure IMHO. I see where HuDa is coming from - but I just think the cool factor over weighs it for me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 02:16:10 PMdinosaur actively hunts human?

According to the first two films they do.

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 09, 2015, 02:16:10 PMagain, personally i think its a refreshing idea instead of see them as dumb killing machines, we will see how it goes tho

Just because something can't be controlled, that doesn't automatically make it a dumb killing machine. It's still eminently possible for them to be an intelligent threat.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2015, 02:31:28 PMI see where HuDa is coming from - but I just think the cool factor over weighs it for me.

Yeah, it's not gonna stop me going to see the film. I'm just dubious about how it'll go down for me.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I hope to see the Raptors betray their trainer. ;D

MudButt

MudButt

I just like how he said it isn't control, but a mutual respect, probably from working with them since they were born. However, it also means at any point they can turn. Which I think we might see. Would make for some pretty deep emotional stuff if he had to put a raptor down.

frenchfries

frenchfries

i really liked the clip! you can really feel the history between them. they well the scene was filmed and shot was great too.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I think it was a well put together scene.  And I don't mind them holding back dinosaur action.  :)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 09, 2015, 02:19:10 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 09, 2015, 12:33:41 PM

Oh well.

Isn't BDH acting that way because Owen is a past date? Her professional persona drops around him.

I love everything about the clip. It resonates JP perfectly.

That's good enough for one of my scripts. ;) And seriously, yes, it 'feels' Jurassic Parky all the way.

They have to keep it light, and fun I suppose. If she agreed to go out on a date with him before there must be that mutual attraction and she clearly isn't opposed to dating outside of her pay grade. Looking forward to this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed