Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,641 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Megalodon is the best dinosaur of this movie

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Feb 06, 2015, 12:59:28 AM
Megalodon is the best dinosaur of this movie

1. Megalodon isn't even a dinosaur.

2. Nor is it in this movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

:D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 05, 2015, 10:51:06 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 05, 2015, 11:24:36 AM
I still don't get why the Costa Rican government, much less any other would bomb dinos? I think that could be written off as a cover story to appease the general public's fear. The dinos were supposed to die off after 7 days, which of course didn't happen, yet no one bombed site b. In the movies anyway.

Supposedly, the introduction of a entirely new set of species could damage the present day ecosystem and various food chains would be completely (and possibly irreparably) upended.
Oh no doubt but even in the book the pteranodons got away. So the bombing was half-assed. In fact wouldn't bombing the island cause the dinos to flee... does Costa Rica even have an air force? :P Bombing is a foolish decision. If you're worried about ecosystems and disease, well I think it is too late, pandoras box was already opened.

I would love to see a megalodon. In fact seeing the size of the mosasaur I think they really need to start breeding some megalodons to feed them. The white shark just doesn't look as filling.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 06, 2015, 06:35:52 AM
Oh no doubt but even in the book the pteranodons got away. So the bombing was half-assed. In fact wouldn't bombing the island cause the dinos to flee... does Costa Rica even have an air force? :P

The constitution has forbidden a standing military since 1949.

So no.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 06, 2015, 12:14:33 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 06, 2015, 06:35:52 AM
Oh no doubt but even in the book the pteranodons got away. So the bombing was half-assed. In fact wouldn't bombing the island cause the dinos to flee... does Costa Rica even have an air force? :P

The constitution has forbidden a standing military since 1949.

So no.
That's what I thought... :)

Quote from: wikipediaIn case of war in Costa Rica, the United States has offered their military to use at Costa Rica's disposal.

... but of course.  :laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 06, 2015, 01:27:46 PM
Quote from: wikipediaIn case of war in Costa Rica, the United States has offered their military to use at Costa Rica's disposal.

... but of course.  :laugh:

"I would of gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd love to hear that phonecall.

"Err... Mr. Clinton? Yeah... So, we've kinda got some dinosaurs down here..."

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

I am so looking forward to it I like the movies their should be a TV show about it one for kids teens and adults.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Here's my 2 cents...

I am excited and look forward to seeing this film. I'm gonna pay the extra money to see this in gallery so my partner and I can have our own booth and have some alcohol and nice food etc. Jurassic Park holds a special place in my life as it brought me some happiness when I lost a family member when I was young. Dinosaurs were always my favourite as a kid, like many others.

My issue is the raptors. I know some people haven't got an issue with it and that's fine. But I showed my friend the trailer today and his reply was "oh...they have raptors on they're side. it's like "come on guys lets go and save the day". The rest looks good though".

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it too. I hope it's good but it's the way the trailer makes it look that I think is the reason some fans are understandbly worried.

I do think it's going to be a good film but for nastalgic reasons I think they're too far pushed to ever make another film as good as the original. If it comes close though I'll be very happy. 

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Feb 02, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
From the writer of the movie.

for everyone and their good/trained raptor bs

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 06, 2015, 08:51:17 PMfor everyone and their good/trained raptor bs

I still don't buy it. The fact is we see them working with a person in the trailer, as opposed to just eating him. And I don't like that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2015, 01:53:45 PM

I'd love to hear that phonecall.

"Err... Mr. Clinton? Yeah... So, we've kinda got some dinosaurs down here..."
"Gramma's? Ew... that's gross." That or... "Tell me about it, I've got one thinking she can be presiDENT!" and then "No wait, you're serious? Do you have a T-Rex?"

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 06, 2015, 08:51:17 PM
Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Feb 02, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
From the writer of the movie.

for everyone and their good/trained raptor bs
Yea they're not domesticated. They're just smart enough to know that he is holding a thermal detonator! That and they're having fun being in the 3-ring circus. However the director did say that the raptor end up being the ones that kill everyone.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2015, 08:57:28 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Feb 06, 2015, 08:51:17 PMfor everyone and their good/trained raptor bs

I still don't buy it. The fact is we see them working with a person in the trailer, as opposed to just eating him. And I don't like that.

I doubt he would lie about it.

Also, in the image above he appears to be holding something, probably a device that helps keep the raptors from shredding him apart. If they can create their own dino from scratch now they can probably make some type of device to keep these raptors from attacking Pratt.

And in the above image it doesn't actually look like they're wagging their tails at him, they probably do want to eat him but something is keeping them from doing that (We simply deny them that).

I can be more then sure that before this movie ends these Raptors will turn on him at some point. My guess is that they maybe tag the I-Rex with some sort of device that attracts whatever other device the Raptors have, which could explain that scene where they're charging straight ahead with Pratt on his bike.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 06, 2015, 09:14:22 PMI doubt he would lie about it.

I'm not saying he's lying. "Domesticated" implies they're pets, house-trained not to crap on the carpet, which they clearly aren't. But they are in some way tamed, you can see that in the trailer. And I don't like the idea. The T-Rex may have been the star, but the raptors in the first two films were the biggest threat to the human survivors. So I don't like that they've apparently been diminished somewhat. Just my personal opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed