Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,814 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

From what I've read it's because of genetic tinkering that the dinosaurs could reach maturity rapidly yet their average life span be unchanged.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 01, 2015, 08:50:09 PM
I really do hope those are just models made for merchandising, because they aren't accurate renderings of the previous films' dinosaurs. I mean, it's like a variation of the designs in proportions et all. But it's not 'them'.

They're like the CG renders you get in museums of animals. Obviously not film CG. ::)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Why would museums do that?  I've never seen that in my life.  And the American Museum of Natural History was my childhood dojo.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the theme park to show "actual" photos of the creatures, to sell itself?

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 01, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
From what I've read it's because of genetic tinkering that the dinosaurs could reach maturity rapidly yet their average life span be unchanged.

Hm...

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 01, 2015, 10:08:36 PM
Why would museums do that?  I've never seen that in my life.  And the American Museum of Natural History was my childhood dojo.

I have seen museums with images like that. They're prob using renders like that because of they are not done rending the cgi

Alien³

Alien³

Wouldn't it make more sense for the theme park to show "actual" photos of the creatures, to sell itself?

Yes. But this is a movie which doesn't want to show off the goods just yet. ;)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: frenchfries on Feb 01, 2015, 10:15:00 PM

I have seen museums with images like that. They're prob using renders like that because of they are not done rending the cgi

I think it's kind of weird for the museum not to just use an illustration or actual photos, but okay, that point is proven.

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 01, 2015, 10:15:23 PM

Yes. But this is a movie which doesn't want to show off the goods just yet. ;)

:(  I rather see nothing at all than having my anticipation slightly soiled by brightly lit, poor renders.

But this is all of course nitpicky ramblings of a fan; obviously I don't have to look at the website or whatever.  Just hoping for the best for this film.

Alien³

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Looks... OK. It looks really slick, but at the expense of some of the "weight" of the original. Still, curious to see it when it comes out.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

I love it, although it will never be as amazing as Jurassic Park 1.

I hoped to see a glimpse of the original T-Rex, and I'm not really keen on the tamed Velociraptors, seems and feels unnatural to look at....
Aside of that I believe it will be a great film for the series, it's great to see the park up and running (for a while in the movie at least)

Edit: They changed the colors of the raptors? (In the scene with Pratt) In the leaked footage they were brown, also I thought there were two in that footage...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It'll probably work better when I see the full scenes without all the quick trailer cuts, but as it is some of it just isn't sitting right with me. The I-Rex smashing through the vehicle at the end, for example, just seems really easy, like a fleeting reference to the original's T-Rex attacking the van with Tim and Lex in it rather than a scene with a significant weight all to its own. It has to do with the way it is shot, but I'm having trouble placing my finger on just what, exactly, is the element that's feeling off to me. I completely get that I'm judging a snippet of footage from a trailer that could be wildly different than the feel that the film itself will give off, but these are just my initial reactions. I'm still intrigued by what I'm seeing and hopeful for the film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The effects don't look that bad to me. The worst shots are the ones I didn't like in the first trailer to begin with, which were the river raft bit and the shark they feed to the Mosasaur. Everything else looks passable to me given how long we have until the movie comes out.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

haha oh my, that new trailer was awesome. They really did improve on the T-Rex design. The iRex actually has useable arms. Which is awesome. :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

From what I've read the known species used in it's creation doesn't include T-rex, but rather Carnotaurus, Giganotosaurus, Majungasaurus, and Rugops.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Ahhh yes!!!  I was very very happy with seeing the raptors in this trailer.  The stripe along one of the raptors reminded me of the designs in JPIII, interestingly enough.  The Apatosaurus head they were interacting with had a bit of a deadeye look to it but hey - I really appreciate the use of practical effects.  Also like how this one was edited, music wise.

I'm happy with the amount of new footage we got.  :)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yep, I'm satisfied with how much new footage we got out of this. Now my interest in the super bowl has ceased as I was only interested in Jurassic World. None of the other stuff I'm interested in like Star Wars was shown.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed