Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,980 times)

frenchfries

frenchfries

wasnt the the lost world also a semi-adaptation of that old film of the same name where a dinosaur rampages in a city.

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jan 30, 2015, 03:44:28 PM
Quote from: vikingr on Jan 30, 2015, 02:31:53 PM
The part when the T-Rex arrived in New York ruined the whole movie for me. So I don't like it at all, mostly because of that.

The only masterpiece in the JP-Series is No. 1. It's flawless in all the right places: Plot, Story-Design, Actors, Effects, pace.

TLW was more or less a simple "more, bigger and better"-revisiting of the Franchise. It did have a lot of the heart and spirit of number 1, but was flawed quite a bit. The T-Rex arriving in San Diego was the only really new thing in the movie, so for me, that was actually the saviour of that film, since we never saw a Dinosaur in a human surrounding before in the JP-universe.

JP 3 was absolutely heartless and therefore lackluster. Not one original concept was introduced, but just more of the same old elements were thrown in. It's a mediocre version of JP 1, with the Spinosaurus replacing the T-Rex... still love that fight scene though  ;D

JW at least seems to give a shit about franchise-progress in the sense that this time, the Park is actually open and running. So far that's the only new thing I can see in this movie... could be executed really well if they focus on the mass-panic aspect. There's also the underwater addition that could be really cool, but I fear that the Mosasaurus will simply become a gimmick (oh look, we have an underwater-dino to please the fanboys). Other than that, I see little hope for this movie. I'm obviously gonna watch it right when it comes out, but my hopes aren't high, the JP-Franchise itself simply doesn't guarantee high-quality movies per se... it's more like a hit and miss.
Also the clone-dinosaur... Intercourse-Rex or whatever... I'm all for it! But if it's just a bigger and badder T-Rex with more teeth, it's simply not worth the fuss and becomes absolutely underwhelming.
I-rex has camo abilities haha doesnt seem underwhelming to me

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Actually aren't there other hybrid dinos? Perhaps the trailer is only hinting at the first publicly announced hybrid while keeping the iRex a secret in the movie. In some toy material releases there is a stegosaurus triceratops mutant for example.

Also I know a lot of people that hate the San Diego attack but I mean come on, it was the logical next step. First you create dinosaurs, then you show the viewer why creating dinosaurs was a really bad idea. As an added plus we got to see what a T-Rex could accomplish if set free on city streets. JPIII... I'm not sure what the point of that was except to piss on the T-Rex.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

The Lost World is a lot like another Spielberg sequel - Indy and the Temple of Doom. At times darker and more mean-spirited than the film that came before, but ridiculously entertaining in an over the top and logic defying manner.

Alien³

Alien³

Posted by Trevorrow on Twitter.

frenchfries

Naissus

Naissus

Looks like JP1 raptor

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jan 31, 2015, 08:33:48 AMThe Lost World is a lot like another Spielberg sequel - Indy and the Temple of Doom. At times darker and more mean-spirited than the film that came before, but ridiculously entertaining in an over the top and logic defying manner.

This. Well put.

Alien³

Alien³

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I was checking it yesterday.  Mosasaur's up, if anyone wanted to see a poor CGI render of it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Mosasaur is not a dinosaur. Good God. Nor is Pteranodon.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I too, would like to report racially insensitive labeling of my species as "dinosaur."

To be fair, they note that the Mosasaur isn't an actual dinosaur on the little profile thingy.  And on another note - I really really really hope the movie looks better than these renders on the website.  Not a fan at all of what I'm seeing.  The Stegosaurus looks so bad, anatomically even, compared to what was seen in JPII.  :-X

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I really do hope those are just models made for merchandising, because they aren't accurate renderings of the previous films' dinosaurs. I mean, it's like a variation of the designs in proportions et all. But it's not 'them'.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I read an interesting bit about Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom on the site, if the scratches on T-Rex aren't convincing enough...

QuoteIt's T.Rex's world - the rest of us are just visiting it. Enter into the Jurassic-sized viewing area to see the legendary predatory in her natural domain. After all, she's been living on Isla Nublar for over twenty-five years! Feedings are scheduled every two hours. Warning: This attraction may be too intense for children and some adults.

On the models on the site, I think that has to be for merchandising purposes and not the final movie product.... right?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

But would it make sense for the Tyrannosaurus in the original Jurassic Park to only have been 3 years old?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed