Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,989 times)

Master

Master

So we've got stealth ultra predator dino? Meh. I was hoping for more chameleon like camuflage, not invisibility.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

That straight white part just in front of BDH is the reflection of her dress.

Looks like a sprinkler on the right as Rich said.

The rest looks like hot spots where sunlight is reflecting on lighter surfaces on the trees.

But it's awesome/haunting to think - God there could be a dinosaur right there. It would never go hungry that's for sure.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Am I the only one who finds the idea of an invisible dinosaur... stupid?

It's barely above the man-dino hybrid mercenaries they were apparently originally going to go with.

Master

Master

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2015, 04:49:47 PM

It's barely above the man-dino hybrid mercenaries they were apparently originally going to go with.
With you on this one.

Alien³

Alien³

*Ahem*

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2015, 04:45:08 PM
So we've got stealth ultra predator dino? Meh. I was hoping for more chameleon like camuflage, not invisibility.

Have you ever played The Lost World: Jurassic Park arcade game?  There was an invisible carnotaurus as a boss.

frenchfries

frenchfries

How can you think its stupid when it was in the second book (camouflaged dinosaurs)

Alien³

Alien³

I think some people think camouflage = totally invisible.

Which is not the case for JW.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: frenchfries on Jan 28, 2015, 06:35:50 PMHow can you think its stupid when it was in the second book (camouflaged dinosaurs)

Camouflage is fine so long as it's done subtly, but given the genetic cross-breeding thing they're going for in the film, I'm not sure it will be.

As for the books, I honestly didn't think much to them. The Lost World was OK but I thought the Jurassic Park film was far superior to the first novel.

Master

Master

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 28, 2015, 06:04:37 PM

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2015, 04:45:08 PM

Have you ever played The Lost World: Jurassic Park arcade game?  There was an invisible carnotaurus as a boss.

nope

Quote from: frenchfries on Jan 28, 2015, 06:35:50 PM

How can you think its stupid when it was in the second book (camouflaged dinosaurs)

Still stupid.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You haven't even seen it in action. I doubt it's going to look like the Predator's camo effect.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup. I'm definitely expecting something more along the lines of

If they even use the concept at all.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Considering it has cuttlefish DNA i would think it camouflage abilities are more in line with that than a chameleon. Still don't see how this concept is stupid.

MudButt

MudButt

I'm fine with it, makes for some real good tense scenes if done right.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It was awesome in that Lost World game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed