Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,099 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hubbs come on, you know you want Dinosaurs. More Dinosaurs. More and more Dinosaurs. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

what hubbs wants is more KAIJU

Spoiler
kaiju kaiju kaiju
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Don't do that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

:laugh:

Anyway, I'm pretty glad they found the time to give the Mosasaurus a proper pharyngeal jaw, despite the obvious size inaccuracy. It's a pretty neat detail.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

MudButt

MudButt

f**k the haters

hubbs

Alien³

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm really curious to know. Why do you folks become so uppity when folks like Vertigo and I maintain that the dinosaurs in a movie should be scientifically accurate?

Alien³

Alien³

Because they're not real dinosaurs. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They're dinosaurs, real or otherwise. There's no actual reason why they can't look like what science tells us. And if that's your reasoning, then I guess you really wouldn't mind if they were all tail-draggers, right?

Alien³

Alien³

...or is there?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 07:16:08 PM
They're dinosaurs, real or otherwise. There's no actual reason why they can't look like what science tells us. And if that's your reasoning, then I guess you really wouldn't mind if they were all tail-draggers, right?
Feathers look dumb

Slow sucks

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There isn't, and don't say it's because of "broken DNA". That's moot. If genetic engineering is what it's all about, they can be engineered to look the part, which they aren't.

Quote from: BANE on Nov 27, 2014, 07:17:30 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 07:16:08 PM
Feathers look dumb

No feathers looks dumb.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I've not seen anyone go really uppity about it, just stating their opinion.

The basic point is that the original film balanced accuracy with 'cool'. So did film two. So did film three. So does this. The Mosasaurus as far as I can see is anatomically accurate -- but is oversized. The original T.Rex had small anatomical inaccuracies regardless of the feathers/non-feathers thing. So on and so forth.

'Tail draggers' wouldn't be minded, no, but audience today likes the new fast Dinosaurs. It's what CGI brought in. Fast lethal things. Tail draggers are associated with old Dinosaur movies only Harryhausen fans such as me remember fondly.

You also have to take into account that the JP Dinosaurs have become imprinted in the public imagination much like the Terminator, or Alien, or Robocop have. They're icons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed