Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,156 times)

xeno-kaname

reecebomb

reecebomb

Yet another soulless rehash and with much worse cgi after two decades. I don't understand why you are all so pumped for this after seeing this tralier. I was pumped too, but the trailer gives almost no hope. I will of course still give it a chance since i love dinosaurs, maybe this will end up just fine. Not likely though. Jurassic Park franchise deserves much better, there are plenty of ways to explore it's world.

Alien³

Alien³

CGI is unfinished.

This is not a rehash, its going over new ground. ::)

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

For me as a child, the magic of Jurassic Park was seeing Dinosaurss resurrected.

I'm unsure of the mutant engineered dino route.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, genetic crossover has been involved in JP since the beginning. I'm cautiously optimistic. JP was the first film I ever saw at the cinema so it holds a special place in my heart. I'm curious to see where they go with it.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 27, 2014, 11:05:03 AM
CGI is unfinished.

Yes, not a complete rehash, well see how goes once it's out. Cgi is obviously unfinished, but not crossing my fingers for a meaningful cgi update. It's not only the cgi that bothers me, the characters seem a bit uninspired, the whole world seems very cosmetical. Chris Pratt was ok in Guardians of the Galaxy, not sure how he will handle this role. Id love to see this type of film go down with a more subtle route, not a overkill hundred obviously computerized dinosaurs on screen at once. King Kong had amazing T-Rex fights (best dinosaur vfx so far), contradictorily the dinosaur stampede looked ridiculous. I hope that Jurassic World learned something from that scene. Godzilla wasn't a much of a film overall, but liked how the cgi was done very tastefully.

Alien³

Alien³

There's going to be a ton of CGI and it'll all look spectacular.

JP brought the world CGI is all it's glory. JW will show us how far we've advanced.

How can you get that the characters are uninspired from barely any footage showcasing their personalities?

Half the characters aren't shown.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 27, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

JP brought the world CGI is all it's glory. JW will show us how far we've advanced.

How can you get that the characters are uninspired from barely any footage showcasing their personalities?

Hobbit 3 trailer makes one really think that the cgi is actually regressing not advancing. Recent trend is quantity vs quality. I can't really say that the characters are uninspired just from the trailer, just a gut feeling. I'd love to see the final film prove me wrong. Just that when i get a bad feeling from a trailer the final film also ends up not being very good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 27, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

I think the trailer's CG was unfinished, but to suggest that the end result will have the same impact as the original is overestimating things a bit. CG in Jurassic Park blew people away mostly because it hadn't been used in a movie before. People nowadays aren't so easily wowed.

Quote from: Alien³ on Nov 27, 2014, 11:05:03 AM

even if it is a rehash, who cares? some "rehashes" are great movies!!

Evil Dead 2 was a rehash of The Evil Dead
Terminator 2 was a rehash of The Terminator

The idea of a sequel that is a bigger, better, dare I say flashier "rehash" of the original is not a new idea, and historically it has worked well.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 27, 2014, 01:07:08 PM
even if it is a rehash, who cares? some "rehashes" are great movies!!

I agree.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2014, 12:27:16 PM
to suggest that the end result will have the same impact as the original is overestimating things a bit. CG in Jurassic Park blew people away mostly because it hadn't been used in a movie before. People nowadays aren't so easily wowed.

Never said it would have the same impact, just said the CG will be the result of everything that came before it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141126-jurassic-park-trailer-experts-science/

QuoteWho doesn't love a dinosaur flick? Well, paleontologists have a few fossil bones to pick with Jurassic World, the latest in a line of dinosaur movies that once bragged about its scientific credibility.

Also,

http://log.johnconway.co/post/103650800597/why-dinosaur-nerds-are-mad-at-jurassic-world

And before someone says, "Bah, it's just a movie, genetic engineering, yada yada yada", Thomas Holtz once again has some wisdom for y'all.

http://twitter.com/TomHoltzPaleo/status/537688147568914433

ace3g

ace3g

Speaking of the CGI gate shot:

Colin Trevorrow @colintrevorrow
@TheHoyt08 The gate is practical, the environment isn't. That shot was made specifically for the trailer. The film will be different.

Colin Trevorrow @colintrevorrow
@alexfieldsman the gate will be practical. Real wood, concrete and steel.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Empire magazine has a mini-interview with Colin Trevorrow, breaking down the JW trailer. Well worth the read.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/jurassic-world-teaser-trailer-tour

(And thanks for the links Doom, glad to know I'm not on my own with that opinion.)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You were never alone, my friend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed