Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,835 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I recall that Nedry's jeep had been recovered so hopefully that will be brought up.

MudButt

MudButt

The general audience loves this franchise, critics may have not liked the sequels, but most people did, they were fun action-adventure movies with dinosaurs that looked practically real. And we don't get many dinosaur movies anymore, except if you go on SyFy and find a terrible B-movie. Now, they've moved on with people going back to the island because it would make no sense to have characters return to the island after 3 times of bad shit going down. We now have an open park, something we never saw, we have these dinosaurs in control, something we never saw before, but of course, something has to go wrong. Sure it isn't breaking into new ground but honestly it's 2014, stories aren't original anymore, it's about how it's portrayed on screen whether it be with great characters, good acting, some emotional or tense material, or hell just a good popcorn flick. The point of these movies is people try to think they can control life and they learn they can't, humans never learn, all of these movies have this theme.

so maybe each sequel was a rehash of the original , but they weren't terrible movies for it, and I don't think this one will be either. It has a good director, a good cast, and a good production team. And it has friggin dinosaurs! so I'm in.

frenchfries

frenchfries

Even if it was rehash, it can still be good. heck like Jeremy said terminator 2 was rehash.   

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: frenchfries on Nov 26, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
Even if it was rehash, it can still be good. heck like Jeremy said terminator 2 was rehash.
I don't think it was that much of a rehash like Jurassic World, having to bond with the Terminator was something never seen before, rescuing Sarah Connors was an important part of the plot, same for the attack to CyberDyne, not to mention the main character -Sarah- was completely evolved from the last time... It was really much different than the original movie, who played more like a slasher film, .

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 26, 2014, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: frenchfries on Nov 26, 2014, 06:23:34 PM
I don't think it was that much of a rehash like Jurassic World, having to bond with the Terminator was something never seen before, rescuing Sarah Connors was an important part of the plot, same for the attack to CyberDyne, not to mention the main character -Sarah- was completely evolved from the last time... It was really much different than the original movie, who played more like a slasher film, .

You still had a Terminator trying to kill a Connor. We still have dinosaurs breaking out. Same premise, different details. They are pretty similar in that way. We have never seen trained dinos. We have never seen an open park (this alone is cause for excitement), and we have new dinosaurs. There's enough new material to create a pretty fresh experience even though some of these ideas are a bit risky. I'm sure John Connor bonding with a Terminator sounded weird back in the day :laugh: People probably thought bonding with a machine was "simply" not possible :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MudButt on Nov 26, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
The general audience loves this franchise, critics may have not liked the sequels, but most people did, they were fun action-adventure movies with dinosaurs that looked practically real. And we don't get many dinosaur movies anymore, except if you go on SyFy and find a terrible B-movie. Now, they've moved on with people going back to the island because it would make no sense to have characters return to the island after 3 times of bad shit going down. We now have an open park, something we never saw, we have these dinosaurs in control, something we never saw before, but of course, something has to go wrong. Sure it isn't breaking into new ground but honestly it's 2014, stories aren't original anymore, it's about how it's portrayed on screen whether it be with great characters, good acting, some emotional or tense material, or hell just a good popcorn flick. The point of these movies is people try to think they can control life and they learn they can't, humans never learn, all of these movies have this theme.

so maybe each sequel was a rehash of the original , but they weren't terrible movies for it, and I don't think this one will be either. It has a good director, a good cast, and a good production team. And it has friggin dinosaurs! so I'm in.

This here...Jeremy Renner knows what's up.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 08:07:08 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Nov 26, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
The general audience loves this franchise, critics may have not liked the sequels, but most people did, they were fun action-adventure movies with dinosaurs that looked practically real. And we don't get many dinosaur movies anymore, except if you go on SyFy and find a terrible B-movie. Now, they've moved on with people going back to the island because it would make no sense to have characters return to the island after 3 times of bad shit going down. We now have an open park, something we never saw, we have these dinosaurs in control

"You never had control thats the illusion! "

Magegg

Magegg

Still a park with dinosaurs, even the same location.

MudButt

MudButt

An open world RPG set in prehistoric landscapes would be amazing, with dinosaurs as the AI environment. Far cry with dinosaurs would be amazing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Nov 26, 2014, 11:19:20 PM
An open world RPG set in prehistoric landscapes would be amazing, with dinosaurs as the AI environment. Far cry with dinosaurs would be amazing.

They kind of already did that.

MudButt

MudButt

Never heard of it.

which is why they should do it again now.

Magegg

Magegg

Maybe after this movie, there will be more (or less) chances of seeing Savage Land in the X-Men movies D:

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: MudButt on Nov 26, 2014, 11:19:20 PM

I think Saurian is better. Motherf**king dinosaur simulator! Who knows when it will be out though.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

pls take opportunity to make turok good again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed