Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,406 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 26, 2014, 06:32:33 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 26, 2014, 06:27:17 AM
I'm just curious how a mosquito got on that aquatic motherf**ker.

They genetically engineered a special aquatic mosquito and sent that f**ker back in time.

"Mr Hammond - why don't we just use the time machine and bring a dinosaur back with us?"

"Because shut up! Don't you know anything about science??  Geez, send back the f**king mosquito already.  f**king amateurs..."

Hubbs

Hubbs

I'm amazed! JJ thinks the movie may just be a rehash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk6kJGU_Qng#ws

Sounds like a Godzilla type monster movie to me, hybrid? meh.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 25, 2014, 06:34:16 PM
Komodo dragons can be trained and they're for sure less intelligent than motherf**king raptors. Think of them as tigers.

And yeah, this looks gewd. I wish some of the sequences from the leaked workprint made it into this trailer though.

Yes, trained to eat food at certain time in a certain place, not to be your personal hunting-pet.

"Cause yeah, hunting with Komodo Dragons is so normal." Where the hell do you get these idea from?

A reptile may have a cognitive brain function, but they are the slowest, most irritable learners in the animal kingdom, the only thing worse are fish. There's a reason why our ancestors trained mammals and didn't go around trying to tame a f**king crocodile.
But that's beside the point, on a factual note: a reptile/fish/bird cannot differentiate between faces of different human beings.

Even a tiger can never be fully trained to suit your command. Not for the next 500 years at least. The reason why the dog has become so docile and loyal is because it has now been in it's genes for hundreds, thousands of years. It's even difficult to train cats and cats are fairly smart creatures.

Point being: Don't try to tell me that it's a plausible idea to train a raptor, it simply isn't.

I like the JP series because it's science fiction and that genre has to take liberties in storytelling. That doesn't mean those ideas aren't sometimes f**king ludicrous. And on an ending note, a dumb idea can remain a dumb idea, even in a science fiction movie.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Technically, they're closer to birds than reptiles.

And they're all dead. And they were much smaller in real life, and had feathers.

These raptors are fiction. If the filmmakers say you can train them, I can't prove them wrong with science.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Alienseseses on Nov 26, 2014, 08:14:59 AM
Technically, they're closer to birds than reptiles.

And they're all dead. And they were much smaller in real life, and had feathers.

These raptors are fiction. If the filmmakers say you can train them, I can't prove them wrong with science.

Yes, doesn't negate it's stupidity though.

Difference between birds and reptiles lies in various places, but not in their brain, same cognitive abilities.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Tangakkai on Nov 26, 2014, 08:11:14 AM
Komodo dragons can be trained and they're for sure less intelligent than motherf**king raptors. Think of them as tigers.

And yeah, this looks gewd. I wish some of the sequences from the leaked workprint made it into this trailer though.

Yes, trained to eat food at certain time in a certain place, not to be your personal hunting-pet.

"Cause yeah, hunting with Komodo Dragons is so normal." Where the hell do you get these idea from?

A reptile may have a cognitive brain function, but they are the slowest, most irritable learners in the animal kingdom, the only thing worse are fish. There's a reason why our ancestors trained mammals and didn't go around trying to tame a f**king crocodile.
But that's beside the point, on a factual note: a reptile/fish/bird cannot differentiate between faces of different human beings.

Even a tiger can never be fully trained to suit your command. Not for the next 500 years at least. The reason why the dog has become so docile and loyal is because it has now been in it's genes for hundreds, thousands of years. It's even difficult to train cats and cats are fairly smart creatures.

Point being: Don't try to tell me that it's a plausible idea to train a raptor, it simply isn't.

I like the JP series because it's science fiction and that genre has to take liberties in storytelling. That doesn't mean those ideas aren't sometimes f**king ludicrous. And on an ending note, a dumb idea can remain a dumb idea, even in a science fiction movie.

They're closer to avians, as mentioned before me. And I'm not sure if this still holds true but also some mammalian characteristics. Also, they are supposed to be incredibly intelligent, like dolphins. "Don't try to tell me it's a plausible idea to train a raptor, it simply isn't." It really isn't simple at all, which makes it more plausible than them being untrainable. Nor to mention you speak this as fact about an animal that nobody can possibly know how they truly behaved.

blood.

blood.

Guess what else is not plausible.

Cloning dinosaurs.

Why rage about scientific inaccuracies in a work of fiction? In fact, we don't even know if their trainability is accurate or not.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

So this is Jaws III with dinosaurs basically.

And I'm guessing Star-Lord's raptors will save the day, taking down the D-Rex in a twist of the first film's ending (where the Rex chowed down on the raptor couple).

jacc.90

jacc.90

Because SCIENCE and GENETICS

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

It's possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PefKwpNynyc

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Nov 26, 2014, 08:53:13 AM

Cloning dinosaurs.

Why rage about scientific inaccuracies in a work of fiction? In fact, we don't even know if their trainability is accurate or not.

Like i said, only because it's fiction, doesn't mean its ideas can't be stupid. We might not know, but certain observation of our fauna does enable us to deduct analogies/incosistencies in their behaviour. It's a dinosaur, it's not an alien species sent down from some spacecraft.

I love JP for a large part for its fiction. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to think of something as being a bad/nutty idea. There are things that I like (for example the liberties in size of the velociraptor that they took) and things I don't like, it's that simple. And yes, I do bring part of "science" into this, since they are still animals and not robots from the future (in which case we really wouldn't be able to predict, what their capabilities are, since AI has still got so much potential to evolve).

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Nov 26, 2014, 08:53:13 AM

Cloning dinosaurs.

Main reason it's not possible is because we can't obtain undamaged dino DNA. There are other difficulties like the egg shells necessary for proper embryo growth, but all these things could be possible with future technology. And that's what this movie is and what the franchise has always been: sci-fi. So that's a whole separate issue to the trainable raptors debate.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

:laugh:

They genetically engineered a special aquatic mosquito and sent that f**ker back in time.
:laugh:
Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2014, 07:22:29 AM

"Mr Hammond - why don't we just use the time machine and bring a dinosaur back with us?"

"Because shut up! Don't you know anything about science??  Geez, send back the f**king mosquito already.  f**king amateurs..."
;D
That might be the best string of posts I've seen on the internet in forever

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Old depictions of marine reptiles show (albeit plesiosaurs mostly) them coming up onto the shore to bask in the sun. I don't think mosasaurs did that, but if you want a semi-plausible explanation, there it is.

T Dog

T Dog

I think it's the hokey "THIS IS EPIC" music from the trailer that puts me off. It's unwarranted as there is nothing in the trailer we haven't seen before.

Chris Pratt's seriousness and line delivery is also a bit suspect.

In my opinion it's a bad trailer but I'm definitely not particularly interested in seeing this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed