Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,496 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 14, 2014, 02:41:28 AM
The list of "almost" every single dinosaur in Jurassic World

Spoiler
Missing from this are the Velociraptors and the new Diabolus Rex... probably because they are too dangerous to be seen by regular park visitors. Not part of the tour, then. and OH SHIT, SON! BARYONIX!  One of my faves. ;D 8) :laugh: Brachiosaurus doesnt appear to be back. :'(

Baryonix, Dimorphodon and music by Michael Giacchino (lol) were all present in the PS1 Lost World videogame... so that game influenced the new film? eh! X)

[close]

That list, all dem lesser known dinos, it's beautiful. :'(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

No Dilo.  >:(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2014, 02:55:25 AM

DUDE!!!! SPOILER TAGS!!!!! :'(

...and that little tidbit really, really blows.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2014, 02:56:09 AM

AlienĀ³?  ;D

Quote...and that little tidbit really, really blows.

Yep. :(

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Spoiler
Missing from this are the Velociraptors and the new Diabolus Rex... probably because they are too dangerous to be seen by regular park visitors. Not part of the tour, then. and OH SHIT, SON! BARYONIX!  One of my faves. ;D 8) :laugh: Brachiosaurus doesnt appear to be back. :'(

Baryonix, Dimorphodon and music by Michael Giacchino (lol) were all present in the PS1 Lost World videogame... so that game influenced the new film? eh! X)

[close]

Best part is I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those have been mentioned before in the series. (Including books in this statement)

Staying true to the other movies and books. I like.

Spoiler
As for the Baryonyx, it was mentioned in Jurassic Park 3 by the para-glider guy as being on InGen's list along with Suchomimus after Alan asked him what he thought the Spinosaurus was, so it wasn't just the game that influenced it being in I would guess.
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2014, 02:56:09 AM

...and that little tidbit really, really blows.

I agree about the spoiler tags. I know at least I won't be that disappointed when they don't show up, but I still wanted to go in not knowing what dinos are in or not  :'(

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

That's disappointing. Although it's one less thing for Doom to complain about. :laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler
No Dilophosaurus, no Brachiosaurus, no Compsognathus. Damn.

Yay for Suchomimus though. :)
[close]

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: KNIGHT on Jul 14, 2014, 03:00:09 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Best part is I'm pretty sure most, if not all of those have been mentioned before in the series. (Including books in this statement)

Spoiler
Baryonyx, Metriacanthosaurus, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon were all on InGen's original list. The first two were marked on the tour map, but probably weren't in their enclosures for some reason. Stegosaurus is listed on the embryo storage cannister, and Pteranodon is inferred from an advert while they're having dinner.

Ankylosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus weren't originally on Nublar, but are seen on Sorna in the later films.

Apatosaurus is in the books. Depending on who you ask, there may be hints of it in the films too.
Edmontosaurus is new to the series, but is very similar to Maiasaura which is in the books. It also explains a mystery hadrosaur head in The Lost World's rex nest.
Microceratus is new, but is very similar to Leptoceratops, which is in an early Lost World draft (and behaviourally were inspired by the first book's Othnielia).
Suchomimus is new too, but the comment in JP3 about Spinosaurus having a "Suchomimus snout" caused some confusion. I guess this is intended to clear that up.

Mosasaurus is new, obviously, unless you count the game (though I think that's supposed to be Tylosaurus).
Dimorphodon is wholly new, and a very cool addition in my opinion.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jul 14, 2014, 06:27:45 AM

That's disappointing. Although it's one less thing for Doom to complain about. :laugh:
Oh go away lol >_<

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Funny how no one screamed spoilers at FB. :P

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 14, 2014, 09:29:23 AM
Quote from: KNIGHT on Jul 14, 2014, 03:00:09 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Baryonyx, Metriacanthosaurus, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon were all on InGen's original list. The first two were marked on the tour map, but probably weren't in their enclosures for some reason. Stegosaurus is listed on the embryo storage cannister, and Pteranodon is inferred from an advert while they're having dinner.

Ankylosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus weren't originally on Nublar, but are seen on Sorna in the later films.

Apatosaurus is in the books. Depending on who you ask, there may be hints of it in the films too.
Edmontosaurus is new to the series, but is very similar to Maiasaura which is in the books. It also explains a mystery hadrosaur head in The Lost World's rex nest.
Microceratus is new, but is very similar to Leptoceratops, which is in an early Lost World draft (and behaviourally were inspired by the first book's Othnielia).
Suchomimus is new too, but the comment in JP3 about Spinosaurus having a "Suchomimus snout" caused some confusion. I guess this is intended to clear that up.

Mosasaurus is new, obviously, unless you count the game (though I think that's supposed to be Tylosaurus).
Dimorphodon is wholly new, and a very cool addition in my opinion.
[close]

Spoiler
I assumed it was Edmontosaurus we saw in Jurassic Park 3, when they were running from the raptors early on. They also appeared in Operation Genesis, so it's not a completely new addition to the series. Reading the wiki, it doesn't mention anything about it being in the stampede scene, but apparently embryos of it are seen in the lab.

The Jurassic Park wiki says that Microceratus was in the novel. I can't remember if this is true or not though, it's been a while since I read the books.

And yeah it was a Tylosaurus in the game, not Mosasaurus.
And Dimorphodon was in the Lost World PSX game, so again it's not completely new to the series.
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I want...

Spoiler
Baryonix to look like this concept from the Lost World PS1 game.

[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2014, 04:50:06 PM

No spoiler tags on FB ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2014, 05:22:31 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 14, 2014, 04:50:06 PM

No spoiler tags on FB ;)

I meant First Blood for his reply to Blacklabel. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed