Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,717 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 02:55:38 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 08, 2014, 02:38:58 PM
Still we can't dictate that the dinosaurs of JP should have feathers. That's not our choice.

That doesn't mean some of us cannot express our dislike of that choice.

Of course not. Complain by all means. 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Like I said, Carnosaur 4 can always take up the feathered dinos if JP won't do it. :P

Alien³

Alien³

Damn right. Stupid no feathered inaccurate Carnosaur movies. :-*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Carnosaur always sucked to begin with. Hell, even the title is wrong.

Alien³

Alien³

Jurassic Park's title is wrong if you count the actual number of dinosaurs from the Jurassic period that feature in the film. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes it is. That doesn't change what I said about Carnosaur being a bad title. It's actually scientifically incorrect. Tyrannosaurids weren't carnosaurs.

Greedo

Greedo

There a quite a few incorrect things in JP but we still love it <3

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

Gawd how I loved Carnosaur as a kid. It's one of those movies that's so great even though you consciously know it's bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Imp on Jul 09, 2014, 11:31:14 AM
There a quite a few incorrect things in JP but we still love it <3

Of course we do. I just don't understand why pointing out its flaws is so problematic. If anything, a real fan would accept the flaws, discuss them, and work for/discuss solutions.

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jul 09, 2014, 11:42:04 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

Gawd how I loved Carnosaur as a kid. It's one of those movies that's so great even though you consciously know it's bad.

I first saw it when I was eight I think. Yeah, as a kid, I liked it. But I could never stomach it today.

BANE

BANE

Yo but feathers look dumb...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't care for the inaccuracy flaws all that much. Since the first film they always balanced between realism and spectacle, sometimes sacrificing one for the other and vice-versa. The films started from novels with imperfect Dinosaurs. Et cetera.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Indeed they did but it's hard for me to watch them without picking apart what's wrong. It's one thing to give a T.Rex slightly larger arms or modify the Spinosaurus head. It's something else to create an entirely new creature, a la Dilophosaurus or Velociraptor.

Alien³

Alien³

The solution is have a new dinosaur character with feathers, and correct to our understanding of that new dinosaur/s today.

But don't sling feathers on an already established character who has none.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why not simply change it? Again, what is lost? It's not like adding feathers would do something like, I dunno, cease the raptor from being predatory and chasing humans.

Alien³

Alien³

Nothing if they explain they refined the cloning process, i.e establish a new type of raptor character.

But the creators haven't chosen that route so we have the original designs back. And there's nothing wrong with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed