Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,479 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Either Cvalda got ninja'd there or I'm missing something in Requiem's post...

Cvalda

Cvalda

Damn ninja-ing.

I was laughing at the WoodECH.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Dese spoilers.

dem designs

oh gawd, it's f**king beautiful. :'(

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 08, 2014, 12:47:53 AM
Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 12:31:59 AM[Cassowary]
You just need to get a choke hold on it.

Take a peck to the arm and strangle that thing. It's not like it's hiding knives under it's feathers like a shady fake Rolex dealer in New York.

A cassowary has thigh muscles that're almost as wide as its torso, gigantic blade-like claws, and jump ridiculously high. I wouldn't advise tangling with one if you fancy your intestines - give them flesh-tearing teeth, predatory inclination and pack hunting, and you essentially have yourself a Deinonychus.
They weigh 129 pounds on average according to Wikipedia.

I could toss something that light around no problem. Maybe spin it around and break its juicy bird thighs against a tree.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 01:05:10 AM
Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 12:31:59 AM[Cassowary]
You just need to get a choke hold on it.

Take a peck to the arm and strangle that thing. It's not like it's hiding knives under it's feathers like a shady fake Rolex dealer in New York.

A cassowary has thigh muscles that're almost as wide as its torso, gigantic blade-like claws, and jump ridiculously high. I wouldn't advise tangling with one if you fancy your intestines - give them flesh-tearing teeth, predatory inclination and pack hunting, and you essentially have yourself a Deinonychus.
They weigh 129 pounds on average according to Wikipedia.

I could toss something that light around no problem. Maybe spin it around and break its juicy bird thighs against a tree.
Please do us a favor then and walk into the cassowary exhibit at a nearby zoo. Show it what you're made of.

Literally. When it disembowels you.

BANE

BANE

Alas somebody stopped me entering the babboon enclosure last time I made a similar statement. I doubt they'd let me in the cassowary exhibit.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

If you could take on a cassowary you can take on a human. Don't let those apes stop you from achieving your goals BANE!!! You choose your own path!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 01:08:31 AM
Alas somebody stopped me entering the babboon enclosure last time I made a similar statement. I doubt they'd let me in the cassowary exhibit.
Too scared?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 08, 2014, 12:36:23 AM
ps- your raptor jesus is a disrespectful portrayal of both raptors and jesus

not enough flowing hair, not enough feathers

Blame it on a tight budget. Funnily enough, a paleontologist actually asked me about the lack of feathers.

Quote from: KNIGHT on Jul 08, 2014, 12:34:33 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 08, 2014, 12:31:11 AM
The dinosaur designs will stay fixed into what people are familiar with from the first film, even if there are tweaks. Unless another big dinosaur movie on the scale of Jurassic Park comes out with feathered dinos we'll continue to see 90s post-JP designs for years to come. The Walking with Dinosaurs movie could've been that next big thing before it became kiddie crap.
I think it's gonna be a LONG time before we get another JP-level dinosaur series. I can't really even think of anything that could rival it really.

Walking With Dinosaurs could go places, provided a sequel doesn't have those stupid voiceovers.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 12:28:09 AM
Hey man, would you pay to see a fully-feathered Utahraptor on-screen?

That I would. With the right design, they could be pretty damn creepy.

I think this is what people are forgetting - expecting that a feathered dromie would just resemble the dreaded "six foot turkey". Think about this - an iguana isn't any more inherently creepy than a parrot. It's up to the designers to find a look that works, because Jurassic Park's raptors were never automatically destined to be as menacing as they were.

This guy...he knows what's up.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2014, 01:15:58 AM
Too scared?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9c5abd028ae1f20de10c124e18400f46/tumblr_mwryabQKMd1rhd1xfo1_500.gif
No I'll try again, but I'm dead serious about that baboon thing.

Me and a friend were trying to convince my other friends that we could kick a baboon's ass because they're small and they only have teeth as a weapon, so why would we be frightened if we could just kick it away or punch it before it bit us. So finally after much teasing I sized up a baboon behind the glass and tried to enter the enclosure from the zookeeper's entrance but was stopped by a very, VERY angry lady who told me it was dangerous. So I left.

With the cassowary exhibit I guess I COULD just climb over the ledge, but it is a steeper drop into the enclosure. I'll have to do some recon.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 01:20:25 AM
Too scared?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9c5abd028ae1f20de10c124e18400f46/tumblr_mwryabQKMd1rhd1xfo1_500.gif

Me and a friend were trying to convince my other friends that we could kick a baboon's ass because they're small and they only have teeth as a weapon, so why would we be frightened if we could just kick it away or punch it before it bit us. So finally after much teasing I sized up a baboon behind the glass and tried to enter the enclosure from the zookeeper's entrance but was stopped by a very, VERY angry lady who told me it was dangerous. So I left.

With the cassowary exhibit I guess I COULD just climb over the ledge, but it is a steeper drop into the enclosure. I'll have to do some recon.

That's one of the stupidest stories I've heard! :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 01:19:33 AM
a paleontologist actually asked me about the lack of feathers.
well that's rude

you shoulda told him it was due to raptorcancer

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo#ws

Spoiler
I'll be here all week
[close]
[close]

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 08, 2014, 01:22:14 AM
Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2014, 01:20:25 AM
Too scared?

That's one of the stupidest stories I've heard! :D
I don't see why. The baboon I sized up looked alot like this one, and even yawned at me as if to showcase its teeth. I was like (in my head) 'f**k off you red assed prick Imma kick your teeth back into your head' and tried getting in.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 08, 2014, 01:26:11 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 08, 2014, 01:19:33 AM
a paleontologist actually asked me about the lack of feathers.
well that's rude

you shoulda told him it was due to raptorcancer

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxdosn8sOo#ws

Spoiler
I'll be here all week
[close]
[close]

Believe it or not I did...sort of. I called it being stuck in an evolutionary quandary.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bane's gonna give the baboons a taste for Canadians. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed