Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,167 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

That bit about people always saying how reboots and reimaginations "ruin their childhoods" is true. This isn't our childhood anymore. There's a completely new generation with a whole different way of thinkin. Shorter attention spans too.

With that in mind, I will keep my expectations in check. I still haven't read the leaked plot details and I skipped those parts in the interview. Lets see how the fifirst teaser looks like  :)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: BANE on May 28, 2014, 11:28:59 PM
He's certainly reassured me a little.

Yup. He sounds like a truly honest and chill guy.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteBut with all this talk of filmmakers "ruining our childhood", we forget that right now is someone else's childhood. This is their time. And I have to build something that can take them to the same place those earlier films took us.

Probably the best sentence I've heard from a director in a long time. He seems like the perfect fit for JW.

Unfortunately I read about Dinosaurs
Spoiler
being trained by Chris Pratt
[close]

So I'm sitting this one probably out, since I don't like what I'm reading, unless a great trailer and some good reviews convince me otherwise. Cool if he sees it as a vision for a new generation of kids though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 29, 2014, 02:50:55 AM
That bit about people always saying how reboots and reimaginations "ruin their childhoods" is true. This isn't our childhood anymore. There's a completely new generation with a whole different way of thinkin. Shorter attention spans too.

With that in mind, I will keep my expectations in check. I still haven't read the leaked plot details and I skipped those parts in the interview. Lets see how the fifirst teaser looks like  :)

If our childhood is that important to us, all we have to is revisit our favourite films and whatnot. That's why people complaining about Transformers (as an example) "ruining their childhood" are silly.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 29, 2014, 01:06:02 PM
Spoiler
[close]

...that's not what the director said, though. He said the dinosaurs arent trained. ._. They wont be rolling around, doing tricks with their tongues out.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 29, 2014, 01:51:09 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on May 29, 2014, 01:06:02 PM
Spoiler
[close]

...that's not what the director said, though. He said the dinosaurs arent trained. ._. They wont be rolling around, doing tricks with their tongues out.

he did however say that people in the park will get
Spoiler
closer to the dinosaurs than ever before. That sounds quite foreboding. Even if they just stick to the "good" dino vs. "bad" dino thing, I simply can't handle that kind of stuff. At some point my goodwill is used up.
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Wait and see. :P

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 29, 2014, 12:22:23 AMSince they're going that route, I'm hoping we get a scene like the room full of failed Ripley clones from Alien Res.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 29, 2014, 06:05:59 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 29, 2014, 12:22:23 AMSince they're going that route, I'm hoping we get a scene like the room full of failed Ripley clones from Alien Res.

Close enough, I suppose, but imagine how f**ked up it could get seeing what resulted from the holes in the code being filled in wrong.

Alien³

Alien³

From the co-writer of Jurassic World on twitter.

"@ConnollyDerek: Hey @JurassicPark_4 are you going to share how the movie ends, too, when you find out? For f*'s sake"

:D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Ugh, that's gotta be so f**king frustrating for him.

Taxemic

Taxemic

I've said this before but Colin definatley seems to be able to talk the talk. However some of the confirmed informative is worrying me still as I'm sure it is others.

To me it feels a bit "well Dinosaurs aren't enough anymore so we're going to make up new ones". With so many to choose from it just feels too forced. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

I know he commented on this too but the CGI in Jurassic Park was so groudbreaking that I still watch films today and often wonder how since then dinosaurs haven't quite looked as good. I guess King Kong came close but still I think certain scenes in JP just haven't been out done.

The anticipation is already so high. For everyones sake I hope they pull it off.

And for the record I'm already going to be let down if the new dino doesn't look anything like Requiem28s' art. Superb.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Taxemic on May 30, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
"well Dinosaurs aren't enough anymore so we're going to make up new ones".

That is not the point of JW.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 29, 2014, 06:05:59 PM

loved this scene.
But I hope they dont take it to far.

*Imagines mutant t-rex pleading "killll meeee"*

I was very sceptical against this movie, But I really liked what the director had to say about it. i will give this movie a honest chance.

But I hope they dont forget the dinosaurs are supposed to be animals, not monsters. I Found jurassic park 3 to be very entertaining movie,but it was too exaggerated for my taste.

But that spinosaurus ruled.

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed