Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,744 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 21, 2014, 01:05:37 AM
Reflecting on TLW the novel, I'm rather glad certain elements were left out, like the raptors climbing the high hide. It sounded dumb enough in the book and I'm positive it would've looked silly in the film.

That part was awesome.  The raptors were the best part of The Lost World book. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2014, 03:58:09 AM
Reflecting on TLW the novel, I'm rather glad certain elements were left out, like the raptors climbing the high hide. It sounded dumb enough in the book and I'm positive it would've looked silly in the film.

Nah, bro. Carnotauruses.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 21, 2014, 05:49:41 AM

Nah, bro. Carnotauruses.

The Stealth Carnos were kind of dumb.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 20, 2014, 10:28:26 PMSuch as sequels to "The Matrix" ... I just feel they're unnecessary.

Oi. OI. I was kind of with you, a little, up to this point. But don't you dare fart in the general direction of my beloved Matrix Revolutions.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh, I don't know. The more I envision it in my head, the sillier it seems. When did the raptors become spiders (or Aliens)?

BANE

BANE

I don't think the raptors climbed the high hide I think they jumped up to it.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 21, 2014, 08:28:53 AM

Nah, bro. Carnotauruses.

Come on. Come. On.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 12:12:09 AM
Like X-men...?

Wut- X-Men has an interesting universe with many more elements and storylines to build from, not to mention two of it's sequels are better than the original.

I think the best thing ever done with the Matrix outside of the original was the Animatrix for instance.
That stuff made the world more interesting, but I feel if you look at "The Matrix" on it's own, my interpretation from Neo seeing everything in code at the end, was he had won. There was no need for sequels at all.

Jurassic Park- is a masterpiece and IMO trying to make a sequel to it is like trying to make a sequel to Jaws, sure it has the possiblity of coming out good but more than likely it'll only be a vapid rehash of the original.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 11:10:12 AM
I don't think the raptors climbed the high hide I think they jumped up to it.

Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 21, 2014, 08:28:53 AM

Nah, bro. Carnotauruses.

Come on. Come. On.

Yeah the high hide wasn't as high in the book compared to the movie, from what I remember.

Stealth Carnos were terrifying.

blood.

blood.

You are not allowed to revisit something great because it won't be as good the second time unless it is good then go ahead.

Ok got it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: bloodinthemud on May 21, 2014, 11:54:59 AM
You are not allowed to revisit something great because it won't be as good the second time unless it is good then go ahead.

Ok got it.

No, just don't rehash the same basic concept, have a really good reason to make a sequel before you make one.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 21, 2014, 11:50:20 AM
Like X-men...?

Wut- X-Men has an interesting universe with many more elements and storylines to build from, not to mention two of it's sequels are better than the original
None of which have anything new besides the odd added power or two. Rehash of the same basic concept:

Mutants fighting. If they're not fighting each other they're fighting normal people.

Still fun though. Still worth watching. But still...

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 21, 2014, 11:52:16 AM
Yeah the high hide wasn't as high in the book compared to the movie, from what I remember.

Yep.

And if they did the Carnos as Michael wrote it in the book it would be an awesome scene.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 12:25:42 PM
Like X-men...?

Wut- X-Men has an interesting universe with many more elements and storylines to build from, not to mention two of it's sequels are better than the original
None of which have anything new besides the odd added power or two. Rehash of the same basic concept:

Mutants fighting. If they're not fighting each other they're fighting normal people.

That's unfairly dumbing it down, X-Men is always going to be about the oppressed in society.
But within that you can go in loads of different directions.
-Sexuality
-Anarchy
-Eugenics

Just like Jurassic Park is always going to be about resurrected Dinosaurs.

I guess my problem is the fact that Jurassic Park has only ever looked at it from one angle effectively, maybe two if you like "The Lost World" I don't think the sequels have brought anything new to the table, and so far from what we've been hearing from Jurassic World, it sounds like Jurassic Park works better as a standalone.
But I hope I'm wrong.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 21, 2014, 12:45:06 PM
That's unfairly dumbing it down, X-Men is always going to be about the oppressed in society.
Oh wow, oppressed superhumans.  ::) Boo hoo.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

Oh wow, oppressed superhumans.  ::) Boo hoo.

Oh wow, you couldn't have done better than that? ::)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: BANE on May 21, 2014, 12:25:42 PM
Like X-men...?

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 21, 2014, 11:52:16 AM

Yep.

And if they did the Carnos as Michael wrote it in the book it would be an awesome scene.

I was going to mention all this too but you saved me the trouble  ;D It's one of the reasons why enjoyed The Wolverine so much. It wasn't a rehash. Really, the characters are the main draw of the X-Men movies. You've got the classics and then the new mutants showcasing thsir new powers. In the end the enemy or threat doesn't matter as much.

Jurassic Park doesn't have as much source material as X-Men or nearly as much characters, but there are plenty of dinosaurs to be seen and the sub plot of humans cloning and engineering dinosaurs and the dangers of that has a lot of material. Some of it can be stupid (like hybrids) but there's plenty of stuff to supply a franchise. It's a worthy universe.

I would personally want to see the dinosaurs escape into the mainland and begin breeding tbere. Altering ecosystems as they spread. A bit on the silly side but I think it's a natural progression. Movie is already called Jurassic World too. Probably will happen at the end of the movie :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed