Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,972 times)

blood.

blood.

Quote from: ace3g on May 02, 2014, 01:04:33 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I'll put money on him becoming that mouse
[close]

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 15, 2014, 05:59:20 AM
I never knew he did video game scores. He's come a long way since then.

Yeah, that was one of his first gigs, doing The Lost World game score. It's a nice coming full circle for him.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2014, 09:22:04 PM
http://www.cracked.com/video_18891_5-jurassic-park-plot-holes-with-horrifying-implications.html

I love these After Hours videos but I'd find the JP one funnier if they got their facts right. ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on May 15, 2014, 11:19:05 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2014, 09:22:04 PM
http://www.cracked.com/video_18891_5-jurassic-park-plot-holes-with-horrifying-implications.html

I love these After Hours videos but I'd find the JP one funnier if they got their facts right. ::)

I thought the time travel bit at the end was a bit silly. And I only just noticed the Burger King advertising in TLW. The logo next to the Rex before it chomps on the traffic light is supremely obnoxious.

Alien³

Alien³

They never make me want what the logos are "selling" in product placement in films. I just take it as Burger Kings exist in real life. If a T-Rex did rampage through San Diego there'd probably be a Burger King around.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dude, it was fairly obvious. You don't just include a gigantic BK sign that takes up nearly 30% of the screen just because "it happened to be there". Not to mention, there's a banner for a Whopper Value Menu on the side of the bus that is seen as soon as people fall out of the bus windows after Rexy smacks it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, I see that sort of stuff all the time in real life, so it doesn't bother me in movies.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 16, 2014, 03:42:31 AM
Eh, I see that sort of stuff all the time in real life, so it doesn't bother me in movies.

Yeah. If you're that upset by adverts in movies a walk down a busy high street must be hellish.

I just ignore them and enjoy the T-Rex rampaging in the city. 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just irritating when it's that obvious.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I just generally don't notice product placement in films -- and this is no exception.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 16, 2014, 11:23:35 AM
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just irritating when it's that obvious.

Just look around the room you're in now and list the product names you see.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This is real life. In a movie, a decision can be made to not show certain things so this is rather a silly point to make.

Alien³

Alien³

Movies are all about making money. If they advertise they're going to get money.

It's better as a viewer to just chalk it down to those companies exist in our reality and the fictional one. Then forget about it.

blood.

blood.

The only product placement that's ever pissed me off is the Nountain dew in Erik Lehnsherr's sig.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed