Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,762 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

eff that shit... let's get some grenade launchers to use on rogue dinos. :P

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Dovahkiin on May 05, 2014, 01:19:53 AM
Quote from: BANE on May 05, 2014, 12:53:05 AM
If I were the gamewarden on Jurassic Park I'd have about 50 of those chain-mail suits people wear when feeding sharks.

Just to put on in case of emergency.

What about the bone-crushing capability of dinosaur bites?
I'm more concerned with raptors than tyrannosaurs.

If a tyrannosaur is chasing me down I'll just blow it up with one of my many rocket launchers.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BANE on May 05, 2014, 01:54:39 AM
If I were the gamewarden on Jurassic Park I'd have about 50 of those chain-mail suits people wear when feeding sharks.

If a tyrannosaur is chasing me down I'll just blow it up with one of my many rocket launchers.

Rockets only knock them out, if I'm remembering the book correctly.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 05, 2014, 03:46:37 AM

One of Muldoon's grenade launchers blew off a raptor's foot.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: xeno-kaname on May 05, 2014, 03:50:22 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 05, 2014, 03:46:37 AM

One of Muldoon's grenade launchers blew off a raptor's foot.

Didn't he splatter a raptor against a wall like a tomato with his grenade launcher when Arnold got cornered?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

It was a rocket launcher, and yes he blew the shit out of that one when they had Arnold cornered.

He also blew the leg off another one and god knows how many before spraining his ankle on that hill and crawling into that pipe. Drunk bastard. :laugh:

Vertigo

Vertigo

Raptor bite force probably wasn't anything to be sneezed at either. The latest studies indicate Deinonychus had power on par with an alligator.
And if we're just going by Jurassic Park, they did chew through several-inch solid metal bars...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ah crap! If you can grow dinosaurs then surely you can invent phase plasma pulse rifles.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 05, 2014, 07:47:43 AM
It was a rocket launcher, and yes he blew the shit out of that one when they had Arnold cornered.

He also blew the leg off another one and god knows how many before spraining his ankle on that hill and crawling into that pipe. Drunk bastard. :laugh:

lmfao :D

I can just imagine them using that somehow in the jurassic world movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on May 05, 2014, 08:03:23 AM
Raptor bite force probably wasn't anything to be sneezed at either. The latest studies indicate Deinonychus had power on par with an alligator.
And if we're just going by Jurassic Park, they did chew through several-inch solid metal bars...

Seriously? Wow, I'd love to read more. Links handy?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 05, 2014, 07:47:43 AM

I wish we had gotten Muldoon in all his glory  :'(

It would be great if they took a page out of JP3 and adapted some scenes still left in the books. Except with the new Warden of course. Dat Muldoon/Genarro T-rex hunting scene  8)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 05, 2014, 11:12:27 AM

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40864394?uid=3738032&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&sid=21104111702323

It's based on actual tooth marks on a bone, so it's probably fairly accurate (assuming it is in fact a dromie bite, which they seem pretty confident about). The effects of a bite would be very different to a crocodylian though, given the tooth shape - croc teeth are designed for gripping slippery fish and pinning large animals in place while they roll and drag, Deinonychus teeth are designed for ripping meat away.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I won't be purchasing the article at this time, but does this mean Deinonychus could crush bones?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Vertigo on May 05, 2014, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 05, 2014, 11:12:27 AM

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/40864394?uid=3738032&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&sid=21104111702323

It's based on actual tooth marks on a bone, so it's probably fairly accurate (assuming it is in fact a dromie bite, which they seem pretty confident about). The effects of a bite would be very different to a crocodylian though, given the tooth shape - croc teeth are designed for gripping slippery fish and pinning large animals in place while they roll and drag, Deinonychus teeth are designed for ripping meat away.

So if this is true, if a raptor bit your arm it could snap it in two pretty easily right? With that bite force and sharp teeth it sounds easy to me. My knowledge in this area isn't much though so I'm mostly speculating.

I keep imagining a dog biting a long carrot and splitting it into 3 pieces  :P I'm probably not even close  :laugh:

Requiem28

Requiem28

Wouldn't you guys like to see the paralysis gas grenade (used in TLW novel on the raptors) used in JW?  That scene would be pretty nail-bitting to watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed