Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,843 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

carnotaurus pls

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

wild kimarhi's

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Just a wild guess, but I'm pretty sure fresh animal corpses bleed, too, no matter how dead they've been for... I doubt you'd be feeding dinosaurs anything frozen solid.

Isn't raptors, though. It refers to "this animal," singular. The raptors are in packs.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yes. Well... who's hungry?

Aspie

Aspie

HAHAHAHAHAHA still more frightening than the raptors in The Lost World

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Aspie on May 02, 2014, 03:07:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA still more frightening than the raptors in The Lost World

Hey hey hey the movie has it's flaws but those raptors were pretty scary. Part 1 raptors were scarier sure but these were too.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I liked that the Lost World's raptors got to show off dat athleticism in he second one.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 02, 2014, 04:42:37 AM
I liked that the Lost World's raptors got to show off dat athleticism in he second one.

This.

Mothaf**kas be making 20 foot leaps and flawlessly changing from run to leap and back.

Shit's rad.

Aspie

Aspie

wow

such terror

much shaking in my boots

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Aspie has never had a thought that wasn't Cvalda's first.

Aspie

Aspie

The world has a consensus on this scene.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 02, 2014, 04:42:37 AM

Yes. Easily my favorite sequence of the movie. Except for, ya know, getting out performed in athleticism by a middle school kid :P

But yeah the whole raptor sequence was great. Most of the movie has set pieces that are very flashy and loud. But you get to the long grass and even though the people are panicking, it feels quiet. I think the score is very low at this point and you basically feel the weight of the silence. And damn those silent killings begin. It's great. Once Malcolm and friends get there it's super quiet. No score either, I believe. At least not until they start running and getting chased. But even there the score is used brillantly and it makes for a very tense encounter. I don't think any other part of the movie gets close to the terror of the raptor sequence.

EDIT: "terror" might seem like an extreme word but couldn't think of another word to place. "tension" didn't sit well with me 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 02, 2014, 02:48:08 AM
Just a wild guess, but I'm pretty sure fresh animal corpses bleed, too, no matter how dead they've been for... I doubt you'd be feeding dinosaurs anything frozen solid.

Isn't raptors, though. It refers to "this animal," singular. The raptors are in packs.

My guess is that it's somehow hinting this animal reacts to live animals. It creates a sense of urgency in that it becomes more vicious when hunting live prey.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 30, 2014, 04:10:04 PMSpeaking of the Gamera trilogy... from Ebert's review of The Lost World:

QuoteThe monster-stepping-on-cars sequences in the current Japanese import "Gamera: Guardian of the Universe'' are more entertaining.

Eh to be fair Ebert's Gamera review is pretty terrible. He "likes" the film like a hipster would.

Alien³

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed