Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,770 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's part of the point of the film: basically listen to Malcolm. Sarah told Ian she didn't need him and that everything would be okay -- because she knows how to behave in these situations, has been analyzing predator behaviours, etc. -- and she's totally wrong about it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2014, 03:07:07 PM
Not to mention that Nick could and should have received a righteous ass kicking for sabotaging Tembo's bullets. Several more people Died because of that.
What the hell even happens to him? He just randomly vanishes once his "usefulness" to the plot finishes :laugh:

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 30, 2014, 03:12:29 PM
What the hell even happens to him? He just randomly vanishes once his "usefulness" to the plot finishes :laugh:

Doesn't that apply to all characters in all movies?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 30, 2014, 03:04:22 PM
You'd think John Hammond would have the sense not to bring these things back from the dead.

All these movies suck. GGGAWWDDD! ::)

Lol Nah that is just pure HUBRIS and John being consumed by his dream. It's great and it works really well... the fact that he is such a dreamer is actually kind of really relatable and likeable. And bringing the dinosaurs back wasnt the problem per se of the first park.. it was bringing the carnivores as well and hiring easily corrupted people to work at the park. :P lolz.

Sarah ignoring the danger repeatedly through the film ...  just makes her seem really DUMB and unlikeable (to me at least). It also makes her something of a damsel in distress (especially during the Rex attack on the trailers).

I couldnt wait for her to be eaten.  :P

Ellie Satler > Sarah Harding. :P Easily. Ellie was a pro who got shit done.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 30, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

Only shitty ones with haphazard plot construction.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 30, 2014, 03:16:45 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Apr 30, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

Only shitty ones with haphazard plot construction.

Where the writer took advice from a nine-year-old kid. :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^what?  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 30, 2014, 02:59:19 PM
That too.

As a paleontologist one would think Sarah would know better than to stick with that jacket after it was covered in Rex blood. :P Roland even sees the blood at one point and fails to mention the danger. :P

That scene was presented in a very awkward manner. It displayed as if there's danger when really, all that happened was that Sarah brushed up against in.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I don't have a problem with the rexes following junior back to the trailers (they even say in the film that Tyrannosaurus had an extraordinary sense of smell), what doesn't make any sense is when both of them track Sarah miles across the island based on the smell of their infant, when they already knew exactly where it was. Did they suddenly become so stupid that they couldn't count how many babies they had? Or are these dinosaurs just hell-bent on revenge, making them the movie monsters that Spielberg was so keen on avoiding in the first film?

Anyway, as for Sarah's motivation, that's one of the very few sequences in the film that's lifted from the novel. In said book, Sarah isn't a palaeontologist at all, and the only member of the party who is doesn't find out about the abducted youngster until it's too late. In her defence though, it's pretty rare in nature for animal parents to track down their babies when they're driven away in a car.

:edit: Holy flying spaghetti monster, 8 ninja posts.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm just going to leave you guys to rip apart The Lost world until you realise how miserable life is without it.

Spoiler
The Lost World RULES MUDDAf**kERS!
Spoiler
Don't agree?
Spoiler
Well I've seen the new Godzilla so NERRR :-*
Spoiler
Joking have fun.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Confession... I actually kind of liked the Kelly character..... i didnt really have a problem with her presence in the film despite the "KID FRIENDLY" idea of her stowing away inside the trailer. :P (Didnt anyone bother to check? No? Fine.)

She gets out of trouble at most points in the film and even kills a velociraptor.... in THE SILLIEST SCENE TO END ALL SILLY SCENES, sure... but she still killed one.

Kelly > Sarah. Kelly was a silly character.. but she got shit done! Sarah for the most part just got people in danger. :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 30, 2014, 03:32:06 PMmaking them the movie monsters that Spielberg was so keen on avoiding in the first film?

If that's true, he did a rather lousy job.

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 30, 2014, 03:32:06 PMIn her defence though, it's pretty rare in nature for animal parents to track down their babies when they're driven away in a car.

Blame genetic engineering.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 30, 2014, 03:48:09 PM
Confession... I actually kind of liked the Kelly character..... i didnt really have a problem with her presence in the film despite the "KID FRIENDLY" idea of her stowing away inside the trailer. :P (Didnt anyone bother to check? No? Fine.)

She gets out of trouble at most points in the film and even kills a velociraptor.... in THE SILLIEST SCENE TO END ALL SILLY SCENES, sure... but she still killed one.

Kelly > Sarah. Kelly got shit done. Sarah for the most part just got people in danger. :laugh:
She still has absolutely no place in the film or actual plot relevance, and is just there to kill two demographic quotas with one stone: the kiddies AND the token black character. Its so crass and transparent :P She's also super annoying and whiny, and her stock Spielbergian "daddy issues!!!" thing is really trite.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

you just hate kids in general. Admit it.  ;D

Yeah she's just there to hit two demographics.. i still didnt mind her presence that much.

Alien³

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed