Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,287 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

we are discussing the john sayles JP4 script. Wich isnt fake.

The human/dino hybrid discussions started due to a concept artist taking that script's ideas way too literally and actually making the new dinosaurs look slightly human.....  wich would be fine for a random frankenstein-ish monster movie.. but not really jurassic park. :P

but in the script itself, the dinosaurs with extra dna were meant to look like normal dinosaurs.. a bit stronger and smarter... but not monsters. :P

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 07:56:53 PM
we are discussing the john sayles JP4 script. Wich isnt fake.

The human/dino hybrid discussions started due to a concept artist taking that script's ideas way too literally and actually making the new dinosaurs look slightly human.....  wich would be fine for a random frankenstein-ish monster movie.. but not really jurassic park. :P

but in the script itself, the dinosaurs with extra dna were meant to look like normal dinosaurs.. a bit stronger and smarter... but not monsters. :P

Ah ok thought it was from that case.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 05:28:58 PM
Trevorrow said the first Jurassic Park film was pretty funny.... so now fanboys at jplegacy think the new film is gonna be some sort of screwball comedy and that it'll be SHIT because it wont be as "dramatic!" as the first film....

lol.

I keep going back. I don't know why I do, but I can't stop myself. Then I read about people freaking out because Chris Pratt is the kind of guy you can have a few beers with and it makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

The Sayles script was a fun read because it was just so random. It's like, this dudes getting chased through the jungle by Excavator Raptors, but wait now he's shooting Dilophosaurs in the face! Oh no a Mosasaur just pulled that plane into the water and then conveniently disappeared! Where did it come from? Where did it go? Who cares! Now we're in the Swiss Alps training Raptors how to fetch.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

haha yuss the randomness of that script was quite fun... AND there was the hippy pilot that acted like he had come out of the big lebowski. X) Baron Von Drax acted like he came out of a bond film. (The villain in Moonraker is Hugo Drax.. so it's definitely intentional.)

It was all very silly.. but a lot of fun.

Nick Harris from that script > Any character from the 3rd film... and most from the second. :P

Remonster

Remonster

I enjoy The Lost World despite it's flaws. Lately when  I watch it I turn it off after the Raptor scene. I like Malcolm being colder and more sarcastic since the Nublar incident, It makes sense considering he almost died. The banter between Malcolm and the other characters, namely Eddie and Sarah, is really well written. I really like the look of the film too. The reliance on silhouettes and shadow makes things feel more threatening and mysterious.

My main problem is with the jumps in tone. The first movie handled the jumps from humor to terror perfectly. TLW feels more erratic. Sarah, Ian and Nick cracking jokes while Eddie is trying to save them felt weird. Sarah being stupid enough to carry around a jacket covered in infant Rex blood was out of character. And oh god that gymnastic kick.

But for what it's worth, I can still really enjoy the film. The stegosaurs, hunter chase, hunter camp, trailer/eddie scene, dieter/compy scene, Trex camp/chase, tallgrass, and village raptor scene are all really well done actions scenes. They're just peppered with occasionally stupid moments that pull you out of the film. Actually listing all those scenes makes me appreciate the movie more.

Also, Roland Tembo > Nick Harris

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Remonster on Apr 24, 2014, 09:26:24 PM
Also, Roland Tembo > Nick Harris

True.. but then again.. Roland Tembo > Everyone else in the trilogy.  :laugh:

It's been a while since i've seen The Lost World... :P Roland Tembo was the best character in that film. criminally underused.
The stuff in San Diego was just handled poorly... ex: how did the Rex eat the crewmembers aboard the ship? Whaaaaa....

Gonna give the trilogy a rewatch during the weekend... pretty sure i'm gonna be depressed by the progressive fall in quality...

Remonster

Remonster

I usually draw or something while watching TLW. That way I can enjoy the dialogue, action and soundtrack but ignore the lame things. Can't believe I forgot to mention the soundtrack. So good

Alien³

Alien³

The Lost World is fantastic.

Spoiler
Including the San Diego climax.
Spoiler
Not including the gymnastic scene.
[close]
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

a fantastic piece of shit 

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, you're right. Jurassic Park III certainly is.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 24, 2014, 10:14:03 PM
a fantastic piece of shit

I pray the upcoming Godzilla is full of plot holes, terrible dialogue and Godzilla is defeated by the tears of homeless children

Spoiler
I'm lying  hope it's good  :-\
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

damn right u do

just forget about the Jurassic world stuff. Godzilla is all u need.

Alien³

Alien³

I win because I love both. 8)

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 24, 2014, 10:29:28 PM
damn right u do

just forget about the Jurassic world stuff. Godzilla is all u need.

Get Chris Pratt into the next Godzilla movie and that might be true.

Aspie

Aspie

who

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed