Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,115 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Considering how it ended, I really doubt it is  ;D

And yeah, Carnotaurus is at the top of my wishlist. Especially if they include his camo from the novel.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Remonster on Apr 24, 2014, 06:05:29 PM
Considering how it ended, I really doubt it is  ;D

And yeah, Carnotaurus is at the top of my wishlist. Especially if they include his camo from the novel.

UNF

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

lol do you have a link to it? Did it end in a really silly over the top way? :laugh:

Anyway.. i received my Revoltech Lost World T-rex yesterday....
this is a great little figure... :P

^ The trees arrive separated from the diorama and it's usually hard to stick them into the slots.. this is the only common problem with the figure... the easy way to do that is just to give the trees and the diorama a "bath" in hot water before trying to place the trees.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 05:47:46 PM
mostly by people who didnt bother to read it and didnt realize it was an early draft... because they are "true JP fans!" or some dumb shit like that.

It was still a dumb idea, to say the least.

I'd love to see Carnotaurus in this film. As ridiculous as the chameleon aspect is, I think it would look great on-screen.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 06:07:07 PM
lol do you have a link to it? Did it end in a really silly over the top way? :laugh:

Anyway.. i received my Revoltech Lost World T-rex yesterday....
this is a great little figure... :P
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2505/4348650874_57fcf405d1.jpg

^ The trees arrive separated from the diorama and it's usually hard to stick them into the slots.. this is the only common problem with the figure... the easy way to do that is just to give the trees and the diorama a "bath" in hot water before trying to place the trees.

I'm pretty sure the post on reddit is gone now, but I'll check. I guess i'll spoiler tag, just in case.

Spoiler
Omar Sy and BD Wong aren't featured. The main characters escape the island via helicopter, after Irrfan Kahn's character distracts the Carnotaur. The military, the US if I remember correctly, NUKE THE ISLAND. Everything is destroyed in the Nuclear fire, but the camera pans down and reveals the fin of an aquatic reptile that survived the blast. Cue credits.
[close]

If they're setting up a trilogy, that's not how you end your movie.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

thanks for the info. that's an EPIC SILLY ENDING. X)  :laugh: In the first book they napalm nublar to hell.. but in that fan script, dinosaurs are so dangerous that the army has to NUKE THEM? lolz.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 24, 2014, 06:18:09 PM
It was still a dumb idea, to say the least.

The script played the concept for full on FUN ACTIONZ... but it still introduced some nice little themes about the horrible ways animals are used in warfare and animal abuse in general... (think attack dogs used in seal combat operations). It wasnt a full on hack job like Jurassic park 3.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Even JP 3 was better than that tripe. JP 3's story wasn't the problem. It was just boring and had nothing new to offer aside from the Spinosaurus.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

jp3 had a story? :P And it wasnt the problem? What? :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I should've been clearer. It was a decent setup. But it didn't have a stupid angle like the hybrid thing.

Remonster

Remonster

Didn't help that Jp3's script was ditched 4 weeks before shooting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Really? I never knew that.

Alien³

Alien³

The original script was about two planes owned by a rich family.

The adults were in one plane and the kids in another. The plane with the children crashes on the island and the adults pull together to rescue them.

It also featured Grant and Malcolm.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 05:28:58 PM
Trevorrow said the first Jurassic Park film was pretty funny.... so now fanboys at jplegacy think the new film is gonna be some sort of screwball comedy and that it'll be SHIT because it wont be as "dramatic!" as the first film....

lol.

Anyway there was a plot summary leaked on reddit... so take it with a grain of salt:
Spoiler
There are new velociraptors, genetically engineered to be faster, bigger and stronger... and a Carnotaurus that is larger than the T-Rex... Both engineered to be new "attractions" at the park and to draw in larger crowds and more $...
[close]

Wut...

T-Rex betta whoop hiz azz doe.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^ It was a fan script doe. Relax.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 24, 2014, 06:42:13 PMBut it didn't have a stupid angle like the hybrid thing.

...there were no hybrids. :P The animals had some select genes from dogs and humans... that's not actual hybridization... nor is it crossbreeding.  The dinos in the original films had frog dna... they werent crossbred frog-dino hybrids. :P

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Blacklabel on Apr 24, 2014, 07:28:33 PM
^ It was a fan script doe. Relax.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 24, 2014, 06:42:13 PMBut it didn't have a stupid angle like the hybrid thing.

...there were no hybrids. :P The animals had some select genes from dogs and humans... that's not actual hybridization... nor is it crossbreeding.  The dinos in the original films had frog dna... they werent crossbred frog-dino hybrids. :P

I think he's referring to the human/dino hybrid fiasco. Or was all that fake too?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed