Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,553 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

I mainly wish Lost World had made more of its message about conservation vs exploitation. It ultimately amounted to a series of cool set pieces, in my opinion; everything else felt rushed and underdeveloped to make room for them.

I'm ambivalent about the massive departure the film made from the book, but I do wonder how differently the film would have turned out if Michael Crichton had returned as co-script writer. The double-act worked incredibly well for the first one.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

^ I'm sure it would've been a lot less derpy. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Here's how you improve TLW: replace the clunky animal rights message with something less annoying, and axe the pointless San Diego crap, which added basically nothing and made the movie far too long. Add in the camo Carnotauruses from the novel, and make Roland Tembo the main character.  8)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2014, 09:30:30 PM
axe the pointless San Diego crap, which added basically nothing
Oh, it only proved the point Malcolm & co. tried to make for the whole film. "Taking Dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas -- and I'm gonna be there when you learn that."

Vertigo

Vertigo

*Shrugs* I've always liked the Rexzilla sequence, it's fun.

Without it, you have a total retread of the first film, ending with the main characters helicoptered off after escaping the raptors.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And instead we get a silly King Kong/Lost World '25 homage that goes on way too long and is disconnected from the rest of the film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There were only two references to Kong, the ship's name and the Rex very, very briefly scratching his ear, before making a dribbling motion as he walks past the basketball net.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Disconnected from the rest of the film? The sole source of human antagonism in the film is from InGen goons plundering the island for prizes to take home with them. Until that point, the only indication we'd seen of this being a bad thing was a Parasaurolophus being tripped over. San Diego's trashing has more to do with the point of the film than most of the other setpieces.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 01, 2014, 07:43:58 PM
Also, screw the THX logo at the beginning. Shit was terrifying.

Yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 01, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

Did anyone read the terribly written synopsis for the wrong movie up there?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 01, 2014, 11:58:49 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Apr 01, 2014, 07:43:58 PM
Also, screw the THX logo at the beginning. Shit was terrifying.

Yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 01, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

Wtf they didn't ship that did they?

Alien³

Alien³

Competition updated with more booty!

http://www.jpforever.com/

Any of you guys going to enter? :D

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 01, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

It's actually f**king hilarious. :D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Apr 02, 2014, 04:56:15 AM
Wtf they didn't ship that did they?

It's probably pirated from somewhere. I've read ones while in Iraq that were far, far funnier. Like Engrish gone bad on steroids, just complete psychotic babble. :laugh: Kimarhi may know what I'm talking about, or anyone whose seen foreign pirated movies.

I wish I had kept some.

Requiem28

Requiem28

@ Alien³  Awesome!

I think I know why it's going to be called Jurassic World now, if this new rumor (and my previous assumptions) prove true....

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03/31/t-rex-set-to-rampage-through-san-diego-in-jurassic-world-1306299?lt_source=external,manual

Think about it.

ALSO, GEARING UP TIME!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=125

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=126

UPDATE!

New concept art:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm always up for some Bryce Dallas Howard.  :-*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed