Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,549 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I know.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler
[close]

Powerloader

Powerloader

If Sam Neil isn't in this, I'm not watching it.  Jurassic Park 2 sucked because no Sam Neil!!!  (I like Jeff Goldblum but he couldn't carry the film on his own).

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Powerloader on Dec 15, 2013, 08:28:54 AM
If Sam Neil isn't in this, I'm not watching it. Jurassic Park 2 sucked because no Sam Neil!!!  (I like Jeff Goldblum but he couldn't carry the film on his own).

This can't be serious...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Read the rest of his posts, dude's serious.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Have I ever said how much I just f**king love the Raptors from the second film?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Man, I used to replay the Velociraptor parts on my The Lost World VHS tape allll the time as a little kid. 

"Don't go into the long grass!"

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 15, 2013, 08:11:49 AM
There are no known aquatic dinosaurs, though a good number could swim. Unless you count the ones who spent their time hunting fish on the river shore.

yes there are. They made a documentary about them.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh silly me. How could I forget?

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 15, 2013, 08:13:09 AM
I think he's just referring to the misconception that the large marine life at the time were also dinosaurs.

Yeah that's my bad, considering I'm a huge fan of dinosaurs I'm a little embarrassed I made such a mistake.
Just a little rusty on my palaeontology..
Still though do you guys think Ingen would have cloned prehistoric marine life? I wouldn't put it past them..but I could be wrong

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Where would they get the blood from? Unless mosquitoes suddenly became aquatic...

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 16, 2013, 02:34:03 PM
Where would they get the blood from? Unless mosquitoes suddenly became aquatic...

Good point.  I do remember, though, that in the first book, they tried to retrieve some of the DNA from the fossilized bones.  Not sure what would be left though.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 16, 2013, 10:42:05 AM

Have I ever said how much I just f**king love the Raptors from the second film?

:o

Vertigo

Vertigo

It could be theoretically possible to clone a marine reptile, within the blood-sucked-DNA-geologically-preserved world of Jurassic Park. It'd require the animal to come close to the shore, and ideally into a mangrove swamp type of area (where parasitic insects are particularly common). That may have happened - many species of sharks enter estuaries and swamps to give birth in a shallow, food-rich, creche-like environment. Dolphins prefer to give birth in shallow water too, and need to stay near the surface for extended periods when they do.

Given that marine reptiles all needed to surface to breathe, there would have been opportunities for parasites. The question is whether they could break through tough, scaly skin (which in the world of Jurassic Park they can) and whether they could tolerate brief submersion or detach at water level.

Trouble is, they all reproduced by live birth, not by eggs. It'd make them very difficult to recreate, even if you had the DNA - what has a uterus equipped to handle a huge swimming reptile?

Blacklabel

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed