Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,366,669 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

The Jurassic Park game from TellTale takes some liberties with Troodon - it paralyses prey, then opens them up and lays eggs in their innards. More info here if you're interested. They tried to make them as creepy as possible.

Game aside, Troodon's defined by nocturnal adaptation, varied feeding behaviour and an exceptionally large brain. I've made various rants in the general dinosaur thread about the murky relationship between brain size and intelligence, but I'd imagine that if Jurassic Park tackled Troodon, they'd make it a super-smart ninjasaurus.

Anyway. I think Doom and BlackLabel are probably right about the new 'scary' dinosaur being Carnotaurus. It's one of the few major elements of Crichton's books that haven't yet been worked into the films, and it's something that fans have been very vocal about for years. And it has a lot of cinematic potential.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Carnotaurus or Troodon will probably be it... ....unless they pull something completely out of the left field with a completely genetically engineered hybrid dino. :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Please no.

And that Troodon idea from telltale sounds freaking stupid.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The comments from Jack Horner about "keeping the light on at night" do hint at a nocturnal creature at least. eh! The plot thickens.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

carnos pls

Requiem28

Requiem28

It could be a Troodon that is given the same narcotic venomous saliva that the Compys had in the first book.

That or camo Carno.  I'd also really like to see an adult Dilophosaurus treated with the same terror from the first book.  The way Nedry's death went down was hair-raising. 

I think it'd be cool to see more dinos with interesting natural attack/defense.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

These are kid friendly films.. no R-Rated Jurassic Park Dino Horror, ever. :P

But yeah.. poisons.. chameleon like colour changing.... Thumbs up. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 25, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
The Jurassic Park game from TellTale takes some liberties with Troodon - it paralyses prey, then opens them up and lays eggs in their innards. More info here if you're interested. They tried to make them as creepy as possible.

Game aside, Troodon's defined by nocturnal adaptation, varied feeding behaviour and an exceptionally large brain. I've made various rants in the general dinosaur thread about the murky relationship between brain size and intelligence, but I'd imagine that if Jurassic Park tackled Troodon, they'd make it a super-smart ninjasaurus.

Yeah, I remember Telltale's version. For a game, it was cool. But I don't want to see that in a movie because as much as I love Jurassic Park, it has created amongst the general public a very warped view of what dinosaurs were like.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Needs more Mosasaurs.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

We probably will be getting it, what with the aquatic section and stuff.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Requiem28 on Nov 25, 2013, 02:27:49 PM
It could be a Troodon that is given the same narcotic venomous saliva that the Compys had in the first book.

That or camo Carno.  I'd also really like to see an adult Dilophosaurus treated with the same terror from the first book.  The way Nedry's death went down was hair-raising. 

I think it'd be cool to see more dinos with interesting natural attack/defense.

Thats what exactly made me love the Dilo , I mean the spitting venom and the neck frill is just awesome feature which they added.

Requiem28

Requiem28

I guess Eddie is the one that drove this baby....

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Requiem28 on Nov 26, 2013, 02:14:55 AM
I guess Eddie is the one that drove this baby....

I was always interested who did, not surprised it was Eddie, Nick and/or Ian couldn't handle the power. Always loved that the vehicles John Hammand had for them were Mercedes-Benz  8)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 23, 2013, 09:59:00 PM
...Carnotaurus... i'm calling it right now :P
Man, if they take the camouflage idea from The Lost World's novel as well as elements from the evasion scenes, I will be kicking myself in excitement.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 26, 2013, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 23, 2013, 09:59:00 PM
...Carnotaurus... i'm calling it right now :P
Man, if they take the camouflage idea from The Lost World's novel as well as elements from the evasion scenes, I will be kicking myself in excitement.

This.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed