Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,189 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Naissus on Nov 16, 2013, 07:49:14 PM
Rather than another greedy corporation trying to make a buck, I would rather see a government controlled park and perhaps base it on themes of balance between natural order and government control, of simply mans attempt to control life through government.  We all know no matter how much we try to control things life finds a way.

That sounds pretty much exactly like the first movie. I also seeing it being a bit preachy.

Naissus

Naissus

What, like the Lost World?  Now that movie was preachy.  Well I think the themes from the first movie should be similar, the story can be completely different and still maintain similar themes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Based on what you said, it sounds like the first film only with someone saying, "We learned our lesson and this time it will for sure work." We all know how that is going to play out.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I really really hope the new movie doesnt follow the "Let's go back to the islands for such and such reason" that 2 and 3 did. (Like tons of "hack" crap fan scripts). 

Bring something new to the table or dont bother at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Let's go back to the island and search for more sequels!

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 18, 2013, 05:00:31 PM
Let's go back to the island and search for more sequels!

Let's breed the dinosaurs are Bioweapons. Hope they don't escape, cause shenanigans and cause marines to have to come in!

Vertigo

Vertigo

Jurassic Park 4 should be a legal movie about the cases between InGen, the families of its victims and its financially crippled investors, starting from John Hammond's childhood fascination with fleas. It should skip over the dinosaur parts, as we've seen that already so it would be boring.

Naissus

Naissus

DoomRulz, I had to go back and reread what  I wrote.  I see what you mean now.  I wrote it just as I was going to sleep.  Thats what I get.  Anyways, if JP4 does not retread on old ideas, what news can they make that at least feel original.  I do not think I can buy invasion of the dinosaurs.  It sounds too epic.  When I think Jurassic Park I also think isolation, maybe not as much as a horror game or movie (The Thing/Resident Evil).

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 18, 2013, 11:07:17 PM
Jurassic Park 4 should be a legal movie about the cases between InGen, the families of its victims and its financially crippled investors, starting from John Hammond's childhood fascination with fleas. It should skip over the dinosaur parts, as we've seen that already so it would be boring.

Bingo.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So you want a Jurassic Park movie without dinosaurs?

How about Pacific Rim without jaegars or kaijus?

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 19, 2013, 12:50:08 PM

... would contribute to focus on the best part: actors.

;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They spoke a total of maybe 50 words each. Not much to go on.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 19, 2013, 12:50:08 PM

So you want a Jurassic Park movie without dinosaurs?

*Coughs politely.*

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

I'm talking 'bout pretty much all actors  ;D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65158 Very recent interview with director, writer John Sayles about his new film (wich, btw, stars Admiral Adama himself, Edward James Olmos) .. and there's a question about JPIV.

QuoteBeaks: One of your most notorious unmade for-hire screenplays is JURASSIC PARK IV. It's been written about online many times, and has this hook that I think is terrific: dinosaurs on a mission.

QuoteSayles: I keep hearing that they've made it. If they've made it, they've had a lot of time to move quite far from what I did with it, but I'll be eager to see it and see that they did with it. I did a draft of THE MUMMY when Joe Dante was going to direct it. Eventually, when the movie came out, because I'm in the Writers Guild, they do an adjudication. "Here's the final script. Do you want to claim any credit?" There were fifteen different writers on THE MUMMY over quite a long period, including George Romero twice. I read it and I said, "Well, there's sand and a guy wrapped in bandages and he speaks Farsi at some point, but other than that, I'm not going to take any credit." I thought they made a very good movie, but they went in a totally different direction. So I imagine if and when JURASSIC PARK IV finally comes out, what I know is it'll be something very, very different, because they don't need to just drag people back to the island again and have big dinosaurs eat them. That's what they were looking into doing, and I'll be fascinated to see what they do with it.

QuoteI keep hearing that they've made it.

;D

CUE FANBOY UPROAR about the exact meaning of his words.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed