Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,367,440 times)

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Oct 25, 2013, 02:32:38 PM
ILM did the CGI Dinosaurs for Jurassic Park 3 right? I always assumed they did. But I bet the same artists and animators were not. JP3 felt very B-team to me in terms of the CGI. The animatronics had the same feeling as the other films. But the CGI felt flatter. More cartoonish in some ways. Maybe it was the coloring?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831151703/jurassicpark/images/e/e5/Jurassic_park_3_brachiosaurus.jpg

Maybe it was more of the staging and composition. The first witnessing of the herbivores from Jurassic Park was majestic and real. The homage to that shot in JP3 looked like amateur hour at best. Walking with Dinosaurs season 1. If that.

Walking with Dinosurs had great CGI I thought?

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

No just no.

Two Jurassic Park stories is enough to make 2 movies.

Blacklabel

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Just about all of JPIII feels halfassed to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenodog on Oct 25, 2013, 05:58:44 PM
ILM did the CGI Dinosaurs for Jurassic Park 3 right? I always assumed they did. But I bet the same artists and animators were not. JP3 felt very B-team to me in terms of the CGI. The animatronics had the same feeling as the other films. But the CGI felt flatter. More cartoonish in some ways. Maybe it was the coloring?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831151703/jurassicpark/images/e/e5/Jurassic_park_3_brachiosaurus.jpg

Maybe it was more of the staging and composition. The first witnessing of the herbivores from Jurassic Park was majestic and real. The homage to that shot in JP3 looked like amateur hour at best. Walking with Dinosaurs season 1. If that.

It did, but that's a TV show. JP 3 was a multi-million dollar movie.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Xenodog on Oct 25, 2013, 05:58:44 PM

For the time, some shots are pretty dodgey now a days, mostly underwater scenes with the CG Liopluerodon.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The animatronics they used looked really good too. Also remember too that the CG effects used in WWD were costing nearly $70K back then which for a TV show was unheard of and likely still is.

Greedo

Greedo

Wheres DoomRulz ?

I got a question, I  am just thinking of purchasing a rare Kenner jurassic park Dilophosaurus Figure and am just wondering how can I tell if its legit or not ?

With looking to see if has the JP mark on the leg ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You could've PMed me, lol. But yes, that's how you can tell. Have a pic handy? I'd like to see it if you're really wondering.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Doom, you need a nice Jurassic Park set for the forums.

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 30, 2013, 06:41:59 PM
You could've PMed me, lol. But yes, that's how you can tell. Have a pic handy? I'd like to see it if you're really wondering.

True I could have lol.

Any way here it is :

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Potentially leaked Jurassic World storyboards and artwork reveal new Dinosaur?
http://www.jurassicworld-movie.com/news/1242

Greedo

Greedo

^ Thanks for the link.

Done some research and I think this also could be a Carnotaurus as they are claiming it might be a Allosaurus.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Does look like an Allosaurid.

Greedo

Greedo

Both look very simular anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed